RME Fireface UFX II Audio Interface
Average rating / 5
RME Product OverviewThe Fireface UFX II combines flexible recording and playback operation with RME's industry-renowned low-latency hardware and drivers. RME's unique DURec (Direct USB Recording) function and TotalMix FX mixing and routing software deliver a comprehensive set of features that will appeal to both professional recording engineers and high-end home studio users.
With 60 channels of audio (30 inputs and 30 outputs) and support for sample rates up to 192 kHz, the new Fireface UFX II is the ideal audio solution for a variety of professional audio applications such as recording, mixing, monitoring and live performance. The new silver housing is in keeping with the style of RME's most recent interfaces, such as the RME Fireface 802, Fireface UFX+ and the Babyface Pro.
- Optimized analogue I/Os
- Offering excellent flexibility and compatibility, the Fireface UFX II will fit seamlessly into any production environment as the central hub to a studio or live rig, or as part of a larger setup. The analogue and digital connectivity includes 12 analogue inputs and 12 analogue outputs; 2x ADAT I/O for expanding the Fireface UFX II's analogue I/O up to a further 16 channels; 2 channels of AES or SPDIF, plus WordClock on BNC connections. All channels can be used for recording and playback simultaneously.
- USB 2 - Connectivity & Compatibility
- Having developed their own in-house USB technology, RME's use of the USB 2.0 connection allows the Fireface UFX II to be connected to a wide range of devices, including PC, Mac and Linux-based systems. This assures the incredibly low-latencies that RME has achieved with their existing range of audio interfaces. Further, the new Fireface UFX II can integrate with RME's optional ARC (Advanced Remote Control) USB remote controller.
- All new AD/DA converters
- The RME Fireface UFX II features the German manufacturer's latest high-end AD/DA converters, optimised analogue I/O circuits and improved SNR and THD values, guaranteeing pristine, crystal clear and transparent audio. The newly designed PAD-free mic circuit design, with +18 dBu maximum input level and 75 dB gain range, delivers trouble-free operation for the most demanding of recording situations.
- Low impedance Hi-Power Phones outputs
- The high-power onboard headphone outputs (2 Ohms) feature +19 dBu maximum output level, providing ample output power and volume to both high and low impedance headphones.
- Improved DURec USB functionality and Compatibility
- The RME Fireface UFX II also features RME's unique DURec (Direct USB Recording) function via the USB port on the front of the interface, allowing for recording and playback of all inputs and outputs directly to USB memory devices such as USB thumb drives or hard drives. This second generation hardware offers improved functionality and compatibility whilst providing greater reliability than ever before, even with slower or multi-partitioned USB hard drives.
- USB port for RME Advanced Remote Control USB (ARC USB)
- The new Fireface UFX II can integrate with RME's optional ARC (Advanced Remote Control) USB remote controller, providing users with quick access to all of the most used functions, as well as improved standalone operation.