RME OctaMic XTC
Average rating / 5
RME proudly presents a new generation of top-class microphone, line and instrument preamp, hi-end A/D converter, digital patchbay and format converter, monitoring device, and last but not least the flexible frontend for Apple's iPad® - the OctaMic XTC! With the OctaMic XTC eight microphone and line inputs, four switchable to Hi-Z mode, meet an unrivaled variety of digital connection protocols - from common ADAT and AES/EBU to sophisticated 64-channel MADI optical. Signals are converted with RME's newest converter technology. Maintaining the excellent sound and frequency response that RME converters are known for, this preamp excels in an extraordinary gain range, extremely low latencies and stunning EIN and signal to noise ratios.
With the help of the full color TFT display, the quickly accessible setup options reveal another truely unique feature: all analog and digital inputs, including up to 64 MADI channels and 8 AES/EBU audio channels, can be freely patched to any output - including the 24 channels of its Class Compliant USB 2.0 audio interface format. When attached by MIDI (DIN, MIDI over MADI, or USB) to an RME audio interface running TotalMix FX, the OctaMic XTC can be remote controlled directly within the input channel strips of TotalMix. An example is the combination of the renowned Fireface UFX with an XTC on top, connected via ADAT, adding 8 analog inputs and 4 analog outputs to RME’s flagship interface. Full remote control support allows the unit to be as close to the analog signal source as possible while important settings and configurations can be modified, as well as stored and recalled, not only on the unit itself, but also from a larger distance. With 24 channels I/O in Class Compliant mode the XTC is also the most flexible and advanced interface ever built to work with the iPad (needs Apple Camera Connection Kit).
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- The OctaMic XTC offers 8-channel 192 kHz / 24-bit AD conversion with eight high class microphone and line/ instrument pre-amplification inputs in excellent RME quality. Lowest distortion, excellent signal to noise ratio and perfect linear frequency response allow for unchanged transmission and amplification of the microphone signals.
- OctaMic XTC provides 4 balanced XLR mic/line inputs and 4 balanced XLR mic/instrument inputs via Neutrik XLRs/TRS combo jacks. Frontside keys give quick and direct access to the most often used functions, perfectly visualised on an easy to read TFT-display.
- The 8-channel AD- and 4 channel DA-conversion of the OctaMic XTC operates at up to 192 kHz. The digitised signal is available simultaneously at the double ADAT output (S/MUX), a D-sub 25 connector (4 AES/EBU outputs) and MADI optical. Using Mac OS X, or an iPadTM up to 24 I/Os can also be used via USB.
- RME's outstanding SteadyClockTM ensures perfect AD/DA- conversion, as jitter on the external sync sources is nearly completely removed. The digital inputs and outputs can be used simultaneously to the AD/DA conversion. Sophisticated routing options turn the OctaMic XTC into an AD/DA-converter with multiple digital outputs of different formats, as well as a digital format converter between ADAT, AES and MADI, and also a signal inserter/extractor for serialised MADI setups.
- Equipped with the latest professional AD-converters, the OctaMic XTC excels with super low noise, super low THD, and super low latency conversion (< 0.26 ms).
- Quick Control - Each input channel pair features a direct select button for quick access of the input gains, which can then be set immediately with the encoder knobs 1 and 2.
- Clear State - Dedicated LEDs for present signal, overload, phantom power and PAD/instrument mode for every input channel are accompanied by detailed metering on the colour display.
- "¢ 8 x Mic/Line Preamps, digitally controlled (4 x PAD, 4 x Hi-Z switchable)
- "¢ 2 x Stereo Analogue Outputs
- "¢ 4 x AES/EBU I/O
- "¢ 1 x ADAT I/O (2 x out S/MUX)
- "¢ 1 x MADI I/O optical
- "¢ 1 x MIDI I/O DIN
- "¢ 2 x MIDI I/O USB
- "¢ 1 x MIDI over MADI
- Monitoring - Two high power TRS stereo line/phones outputs provide high volume operating with high and low impedance headphones. The source of these analog outputs can be chosen between all signals handled by the XTC.
- MIDI remote control is available via 2 standard MIDI DIN jacks, MIDI over MADI and USB.
- Digital synchronisation is achieved through all digital inputs and Word Clock.
- Digital I/O - The XTC has all common digital formats on board: AES/EBU, ADAT optical and MADI optical, for inputs and outputs. The USB-port also serves as firmware updater tool under Windows and Mac. On Mac OS X and with the iPad it turns the XTC into a 24-channel audio interface.
- Analogue Inputs - The XTC has eight high end, digitally controlled microphone preamps. Four of them feature PAD for input levels up to 32 dBu. The other four can be switched to Hi-Z mode to directly connect instruments. All TRS connections are phantom power-free. The outstanding design of the input circuits provides a stunning gain range of 85 dB, making the XTC compatible to whatever source is attached to its inputs.