Rode NT4 X/Y Stereo Condenser Microphone
A stereo condenser microphone with two cardioid capsules mounted at 90 degrees. Ideal for location recording, the NT4 has a smooth response over a wide frequency range and is supplied complete with stand mount, windshield and custom stereo cables, which include both XLR and mini-jack connectors for total flexibility. Battery or phantom powered.
The NT4 is an easy to use, precision stereo condenser microphone. Choirs, orchestras, drum over-heads, solo or ensemble instruments, may all be recorded with the ' ambience' and ' space' only a true stereo microphone like the NT4 can capture.
The two capsules used in the NT4 measure 1/2 inch in diameter and have a cardioid polar pattern. The cardioid patterns pick-up sound from in front of the microphone and reject sound from the rear. This helps with reducing unwanted sound such as reverberation and audience sound from the rear of the capsules.
It is crucial when stereo recording to have the capsules closely matched, as in the NT4. The polar frequency response of each capsule must be matched because much of the sound in an XY stereo arrangement is picked up off-axis by each capsule.
The tone can be varied by rotating the NT4 on its axis, so that the capsules are pointing towards different areas of the sound source. It is recommended that you experiment with subtle position changes to help you achieve your desired results. The matched capsules of the NT4 allow for an accurate response when recording a wide variety of sources in various locations.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Stereo XY condenser microphone
- 2 x Externally biased 1/2 inch Capsules with gold sputtered diaphragm
- Capsules closely matched with full frequency response
- Phantom power or 9V battery operation
- Durable satin-nickel finish
- Surface-mount transformerless circuitry
- Complete with WS4 Wind Shield, Custom Carry Case, RM3 Stand Mount plus 3/8" - 5/8" Thread Adaptor, Custom Stereo Cables (dual XLR and mini stereo jack)