Rode TF-5 Premium Matched Pair Condenser Microphones
Rode TF-5 Matched Pair Condenser Microphones
The RØDE TF-5 is a prestige small diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone designed in collaboration with legendary classical recording engineer and producer Tony Faulkner. Harnessing new capsule technology precision engineered at RØDE’s state-of-the-art facility, it delivers a natural, finely detailed audio image suitable for the most demanding recording applications.
The TF-5 is unmatched in terms of airiness and clarity, with a warmth that makes it uniquely versatile. The precision sonic matching and beautiful tone of the TF-5 makes it perfect for recording detailed and natural-sounding performances when used as a stereo pair, or for capturing the nuances of a soloist when used as a spot mic.
RØDE TF-5 key features: Matched pair small diaphragm condenser cardioid microphones. Imagined and designed in collaboration with Tony Faulkner and manufactured at RØDE’s state-of-the-art facility in Sydney. Brand new capsule, precision-engineered to sub-micron tolerances, delivers breathtaking sonic transparency. Exceptionally low noise floor (14dbA), making the TF-5 suitable for the most critical recordings. Includes high-quality RØDE stereo bar for easy rigging as a stereo pair.
- Acoustic Principle: Externally Biased Condenser
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (30 Hz - 20 kHz ±3dB)
- Output Impedance: 63Ω
- Signal to noise Ratio: 80 dB
- Equivalent Noise: 14 dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
- Input SPL @ 1%THD: 120 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1% THD, 600Ω load)
- Sensitivity -29 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal Or Better (35 mV @ 94dB SPL @ 1kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 112.6 dB (1kHz @ Max SPL)
- Power Requirements: 7mA @ 48V phantom power
- Weight: 114g (single microphone)
- Dimensions: Length: 98.7mm Diameter: 20mm
- (2) TF-5 Microphones
- (2) Clips
- (1) Stereo Bar
- (2) Windshields
- (1) Handbook