Rode WIGO II Compact Wireless Microphone System
Overview by GAK
If you need an easy-to-use wireless microphone system that achieves professional results with minimal fuss and is highly portable, look no further than the Rode WIGO II Compact Wireless Microphone System.
The Rode WIGO II is highly recommend for a wide range of applications, including content creation, filmmaking, vlogging, livestreaming, presentations and more.
Cutting Edge Design
Rode have become well-known for their fantastic quality and user-friendly designs. Achieving great results with anything made by Rode is effortless and the WIGO II Compact Wireless Microphone System embodies that ethos.
New And Improved
You’d be hard pushed to find a more compact and versatile wireless microphone solution than the WIGO (or Wireless Go) II, which is an all-round upgrade to the original WIGO. The WIGO II operates in the 2.4GHz range and utilises state-of-the-art Series IV digital transmission tech, which has an impressive range of up to 200m. This powerful spec provides 128-bit encryption and outstanding stability in dense RF environments.
Easy To Use
The main part of the system consists of the receiver and the transmitters, which feature a built-in omnidirectional condenser mic. Getting the receiver and transmitter paired up is automatic and the whole process is lightning-fast - under three seconds.
The WIGO II is a dual channel system, which means you can use it as a single-channel wireless mic or record two sound sources at the same time. Whether you prefer to use the transmitter as a clip-on mic or a belt pack for a headset/lavalier mic, the WIGO II has you covered.
The sound quality of the Rode WIGO II wireless system is top-notch, with a natural and crisp quality. A huge advantage of this system is its ability to reduce background noise and lift the voice above ambient sounds, an essential feature when recording in bustling environments.
WIGO II Has You Covered
The WIGO II has the ability to record over 24 hours of audio on-board, which can be a lifesaver if you experience any audio issues such as dropouts. You can alternate between stereo and mono recording, with the ability to individually record each channel or combine them. This feature provides you with flexibility before entering the post-production process. Another frustration-averting feature is the Safety Channel, which records a -20db backup in case the main one distorts.
You wouldn’t believe the sheer amount of power that Rode have packed into these units at first glance, as they boast a highly compact size. Combined with the included carry pouch, transporting the WIGO II system is a breeze. The WIGO II comes with two USB-C cables, so you can charge a receiver and a transmitter simultaneously. Once fully charged up, the in-built batteries can work for up to 7 hours of use. There’s also a handy power saver mode for those longer sessions.
Thanks to the 3.5mm analogue TRS output and USB-C/iOS digital audio outputs, the Rode WIGO II system is universally compatible with mobile devices, computers and cameras.
In terms of portability, features and ease-of-use, the Rode WIGO II wireless system is hard to beat. If you need a wireless recording solution that’s ultra-compact and produces stunning results with ease, the Rode WIGO II is a top choice.
- Dual channel wireless microphone system for recording two sound sources simultaneously
- Series IV 2.4GHz digital transmission, 128-bit encryption – crystal-clear audio at up to 200m (line of sight), optimised for extremely stable operation in dense RF environments
- 3.5mm TRS analog output, USB-C and iOS digital output – universal compatibility with cameras, mobile devices and computers
- On-board recording – over 24 hours of internal memory
- Option to record each channel separately or combine them for ultimate flexibility in post-production
- Safety channel, flexible gain control (three-stage pad, expandableto 10-stage)
- In-built rechargeable lithium-ion battery – up to 7 hours battery life
- Designed and made in RØDE’s precision manufacturing facilities in Australia
- Acoustic Principle: Pre-polarised pressure transducer
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range: 50Hz – 20kHz
- Maximum SPL (Mic): 100 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1m) dBu
- Maximum Input Level (3.5mm): -20dBV
- Microphone Preamp Gain: 20dB
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-Weighted): 22dBA
- Power Requirements: In-built rechargeable lithium ion battery charged via USB 5V, 0.3A
- Operating Time: Up to 7 hours
- Analog Inputs: 3.5mm TRS (lavalier microphone input)
- Analog Outputs: 3.5mm TRS
- Transmission Range: 200m (line of sight)
- Computer Connectivity: USB Type-C
- OS Requirements: macOS 10.11 above Windows 7 and above
- Weight (g): TX: 30g RX: 32g
- Dimensions (L x W x H, mm): TX Length: 44 Width: 45.3 Height: 18.3, RX Length: 44 Width: 45.5 Height: 18.3
- 1 x Dual Channel Wireless Receiver
- 2 x Transmitters
- 3 x SC20 (USB-A to USB-C)
- 1 x SC5 (3.5mm TRS to TRS)
- 3 x Furry Windshields
- 1 x Carry Pouch
No upgrades available
Perfect microphones thanks
Wonderful! Very happy with my purchase! The best price and quick delivery!
It's a very good quality product, not only 2 wireless microphones, but the most important for me, you can record automatically everything in the transmitter and use this audio file directly in your video editing. I use small action cameras so it doesn't work for me to connect the receiver with them with a cable, so this backup wireless recording is a lifesaver! Also their pc app is very simple and useful for settings and exporting! The only thing I would like to be improved, is the sound volume, I hope it will be stronger in the future, and also the physical size of transmitters and receiver, I hope it's even smaller in the future. The storage capacity of 7 hours uncompressed recording is very satisfying!
really useful tool