Roland AE-20 Aerophone Digital Wind Instrument
Roland AE-20 Aerophone Digital Wind Instrument
- The Aerophone AE-20 includes a rugged carry bag, can work wirelessly with batteries or with the included power supply. Comes with a 2-year warranty once you’ve registered your product with Roland Backstage.
Here’s What Roland Say:
"The AE-20 is part of our acclaimed Aerophone series and delivers the expressivity, responsiveness and detailed sound that the rest of the Aerophone lineup is known for. With the AE-20, we’ve have condensed the advanced features and playability of the flagship Aerophone Pro into a more streamlined and compact instrument.
Like the Aerophone Pro, the Aerophone AE-20 has been developed alongside renowned wind players across the world. The result is a truly uncompromising performance instrument with the refined expressive control, premium key touch and play-anywhere design that made the Aerophone Pro a hit with countless professionals.
The crystal-clear OLED screen and powerful sound engines have been inherited from the Aerophone Pro for maximum sonic flexibility and ease of use. The array of astoundingly authentic acoustic instruments are catered for by our advanced SuperNATURAL sound engine. Every instrument, from the impressive range of saxes to the various string and world music instruments, translates the dynamics, articulations and nuances of your playing with lifelike detail.
As well as highly realistic instrument sounds, the versatile Aerophone AE-20 is capable of producing classic analogue and digital synth tones. This is thanks to the remarkable ZEN-Core Synthesis System, the same sound engine that powers our flagship FANTOM and Jupiter series. These sounds have been tailored to a wind instrument’s unique articulations and extended dynamic range.
Discerning wind players will feel right at home with AE-20’s immediate response, familiar reed-style mouthpiece and natural control of the pitch and vibrato. The ultra-sensitive enhanced breath and bite sensors can be customised to your personal preference. Whether you’re a sax, clarinet, flute or recorder player, the AE-20 can be tailored to your favoured fingering format. With instant transposition and a five-octave range, you can transcend the physical limits of traditional acoustic instruments with ease.
We’ve equipped the Aerophone with a wealth of connectivity for effortless integration into to a modern setup. There’s a handy headphone for silent practice sessions, a line output to connect to a speaker or PA for live performances and a built-in speaker for when you’re on-the-go. Your Smart Device of choice can be connected via Bluetooth for easy sound customisation with the editor app and wireless audio streaming so you can jam along to music. The AE-20 can perform as a powerful MIDI controller for virtual instruments, synths or other hardware using the USB-C connection and 5-Pin MIDI I/O connections."
Overview by GAK
The Roland AE-20 Aerophone digital wind instrument is a member of the popular Aerophone range and is a compact, streamlined alternative to the flagship Aerophone Pro. Like the Aerophone Pro, the Aerophone AE-20 features two of Roland’s acclaimed sound engines - Zen-Core and SuperNATURAL - as well as comprehensive connectivity and a sharp OLED display.
As a wind player, you’ll love the Roland AE-20’s familiar playability and immediate response. The fingering can be configured to a sax, clarinet, flute, recorder or personal set-up so you can make a seamless transition from your acoustic instrument. The AE-20 features the upgraded breath and bite sensors found in the AE-30, guaranteeing a truly expressive playing experience.
An advantage of the Roland AE-20 is its sonic versatility, with over 250 acoustic and electronic instruments at your fingertips. With 260 carefully curated Preset Scenes and 600 User Scenes, you’ll have plenty of inspiration and space to save your own creations. You can also select up to 12 Favourite Scenes for quick access during a gig. Individual sounds can be intuitively tweaked on either the Aerophone AE-20 itself or Roland’s editor app.
The wide range of stunning acoustic instrument sounds are powered by Roland’s SuperNATURAL sound engine. Presented in pristine 24-bit/48K resolution, the AE-20’s acoustic instruments boast an astonishing level of realism and truly natural response. In addition to soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone saxophones, you also have access to a plethora of orchestral and world instruments.
The expansive and flexible Zen-Core engine features vintage and modern synthesizer voices. With the ability to layer up to 4 Tones within a Scene, you have a lot of scope for sound design and live performance as you can layer multiple instruments for a thick, encompassing sound. The AE-20 is part of the Zen-Core ecosystem so you can swap and share patches between other Roland products with the Zen-Core engine such as the Jupiter-Xm or MC-101.
Not only is the AE-20 a fully-featured instrument in its own right, it can also perform as an incredible wind-style controller for software and other hardware such as synth modules thanks to its full-size MIDI and USB-MIDI connectivity. Simply connect the AE-20 to your computer using the included cable and control all your virtual instruments in a fresh and exciting way.
A key part of the AE-20’s design is its “take-anywhere” portability. With its lightweight form factor, in-built speaker, optional battery-powered operation and Bluetooth connectivity, practising and performing on the move is a breeze. When it’s time to travel, you can store the AE-20 in the included hand carry case.
For a completely wireless experience, pair your AE-20 with the Boss WL-20L Wireless System.
- Streamlined design with premium details and professional sounds
- Ultra-responsive playability with low-latency breath and bite sensors
- Play using sax, clarinet, flute, recorder, or brass fingerings
- Over 250 acoustic and electronic sounds, including soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone saxophones, orchestral and world instruments, synth voices, and more
- SuperNATURAL Acoustic tones with authentic sound and response
- Advanced ZEN-Core Synthesis System for vintage and modern synthesizer sounds
- Easy operation with OLED screen and ergonomic controls
- Audio and MIDI connectivity via Bluetooth® and USB
- Play anytime and anywhere with a built-in speaker, headphones jack, and battery power
- Editor app for full visual control and deep editing on mobile devices
- Lesson app for building skills and tracking progress
- Expand your musical palette with custom sounds from Roland Cloud
- Saxophone compatible
- SuperNATURAL acoustic
- 4 Parts (Drum: 1 Part)
- Preset Scenes: more than 260
- User Scenes: 600
- Favorite Scenes: 12
- Breath sensor
- Bite sensor
- Performance keys
- Octave keys
- Thumb lever
- S1/S2 button
- SCENE buttons
- MENU buttons
- SCENE CATEGORY knob
- VOLUME knob
- MIDI CONTROL switch
- Profile Support: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- Graphic OLED 128 x 32 dots
- PHONES jack: stereo miniature phone type
- OUTPUT jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- USB COMPUTER/MEMORY port (USB Type-C(R), AUDIO/MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- USB Flash drive (USB Type-C, sold separately)
- 1.5 W x 2
- 2.8 cm x 2
- AC adaptor (DC 5.7 V)
- Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 6
- 900 mA
- Ni-MH batteries: approximately 6 hours (When using batteries having a capacity of 1,900 mAh.)
- * Carbon-zinc or alkaline batteries cannot be used
- 133 (W) x 84 (D) x 632 (H) mm
- 5-1/4 (W) x 3-5/16 (D) x 24-7/8 (H) inches
- 1,100 g
- 2 lbs 7 oz
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
- Mouthpiece cap
- Neck strap
- USB cable (USB Type-C - Type A)
- Thumb hook cover (2 types)
- Water basin
- Dedicated hand carry bag
- Replacement Mouthpiece (OP-AE05MPH)
No upgrades available