Roland AE-30 Aerophone Pro Digital Wind Instrument
Roland AE-30 Aerophone Pro Digital Wind Instrument
- The Aerophone Pro comes with its own carry bag, can be either powered by the included power supply or use rechargeable AA batteries for wireless operation and comes with a 3-year warranty registering your product with Roland Backstage.
"The Aerophone Pro is the flagship instrument in our Aerophone line up. Roland have worked with pro wind players from all over the world to take their feedback from using other Aerophone models and used this to create our most advanced, expressive and inspiring Aerophone to date.
The Aerophone Pro features a refined design made with premium materials and features a Saxophone key layout, complete with high F# key while the new OLED screen displays information clearly and at is viewable at any angle. We’ve fitted out the Aerophone Pro with two sound engines. The refined and enhaced SuperNatural acoustic engine brings ultra-realistic and expressive acoustic instrument tones to life with incredible detail. For the second engine, we’ve included Roland’s Zen-Core Synthesizer engine from our flagship synths like Fantom and Jupiter-X, allowing you play the synth tones of your dreams. We’ve even added drone and harmony features to create polyphonic sounds.
All sounds are further enhanced by the Aerophone Pro’s breath and bite sensor, giving you full control over expression. The Aerophone Pro has all the connectivity you could want for Pro use. Connect to headphones/use the internal speaker for personal practice or connect to an external speaker for performance in front of an audience. You can connect via Bluetooth to your Smart Device to receive audio tracks to jam along or use the editor app to easily customise sounds. The USB-C connection (USB-C to USB-A cable included) allows you to record MIDI directly into your computer or exchange Zen-Core sounds, whilst the 5-Pin MIDI In/Out Connections allow connection to other synthesizers.
The Roland AE-30 Aerophone Pro comes with a 3-year warranty registering your product with Roland Backstage."
Overview By GAK
The AE-30 Aerophone Pro is the flagship Digital Wind Instrument from Roland’s spectacular Aerophone range. It is the first Aerophone that offers sounds from Roland’s most powerful sound engine ever, Zen-Core, as well as high-resolution SuperNATURAL Acoustic sounds, 5-pin MIDI connectors and an OLED display.
The Zen-Core sounds engine allows Aerophone Pro users to layer up to 4 tones within a scene, meaning you can stack multiple instruments together to create thicker and more expansive sounds. There are 305 Preset/600 User Scenes, so you’ll never run out of memory for all the incredible sounds you can create with the AE-30. Zen-Core is Roland’s eco-system, and what makes it particularly exciting, is that users are able to swap/share patches between their Zen-Core compatible products. You could create a sound on another Zen-Core device and then load it into your Aerophone Pro, opening a world of creativity for your performances.
The Aerophone Pro grants you access to a plethora of acoustic sounds, all powered by the most powerful version of the SuperNATURAL sound engine, presented in 24-bit/48K resolution. This adds a whole new level of clarity and improved expression to what is already a fantastic sound engine. The AE-30 allows you to perform with harmonies and drones, for polyphonic playing styles. I.E. If you select a Bagpipe tone, there is a button on the back that can be held to hold the drone.
The Aerophone Pro features 318 preset and 512 user tones, powered by two different sounds engines. Each individual sound can be edited on the Aerophone Pro itself or with the dedicated Aerophone Pro Editor app.
Featuring the same key layout and fingering technique as a saxophone, including the addition of a high F# key. The breath and bite sensors have been enhanced from the AE-10, making the Aerophone Pro to most realistic responding Aerophone in the range.
The Aerophone Pro also unlocks the ability to play patches on your favourite hardware instruments via the MIDI Output connector, as well as including an in-built USB MIDI interface to sync with a computer in one simple cable connection. You can even connect to Smart Devices via Bluetooth to use the specific Aerophone Pro Editor app, trigger the sounds on an iPad DAW app or stream audio directly to the AE-30 so you can play along to your favourite songs.
As well as being substantially lighter than your average saxophone, the AE-30 can be powered by a power supply or batteries, so you can play on the move and travel with it easily. The AE-30 even comes with a dedicated carry bag.
For a completely wireless experience, pair your AE-30 with the Boss WL-20L Wireless System.
Overview By Roland
A new voice for wind players.
Roland’s Aerophone series has opened a new world of creative possibilities for wind instrument players, and Aerophone Pro delivers the most expressive and playable experience yet. With a refined design, premium components, and a vast sonic palette from our most advanced sound engines, Aerophone Pro takes your music where it’s never gone before.
Professional-grade Aerophone with refined design, premium components, and our most advanced sound engines.
Enhanced by experts.
While developing the Aerophone Pro, we reached out to expert wind players around the globe to see how we could take the Aerophone experience to the next level. Their feedback led to many thoughtful improvements that substantially enhance the instrument’s look, feel, sound, and playability. The result is a revolutionary wind instrument that gives musicians a new and highly expressive voice.
With just one look at the Aerophone Pro, you’ll notice the sleek new design and premium materials. The shape not only looks great but is thinner and easier to hold for a more confident playing experience. Controls are easy to reach, and the streamlined body with aluminium accents exude an understated-yet-classy appearance. The discrete OLED screen feels like an integral part of the instrument and can be viewed at any angle in any kind of lighting.
Play with passion.
Aerophone Pro makes it easy to channel your creativity and lose yourself in the moment. Fingering is the same as an acoustic sax and includes a high-F# key, so you already know how to play it. And configurable controls for both hands and a MIDI input for footswitches greatly expand your performance options. Through extensive research and development, the breath and bite sensors are more responsive and expressive than ever, with low latency and configurable settings to suit your unique playing style.
Authentic brass, woodwinds, strings, and more.
Aerophone Pro packs an entire brass and woodwind section into a single instrument. Developed closely with professional wind instrument players, there are newly enhanced soprano, alto, and tenor saxes, vibrant new trumpet sounds, and authentic world instruments like the stunning new duduk. Our SuperNATURAL technology translates every nuance of your playing with lifelike dynamics, articulations, and overtones. Multiple custom fingerings are supported, while new controller options enable idiomatic performance techniques on a range of instruments, from mainstream to exotic.
Our best synthesizer sounds.
With Roland’s ZEN-Core Synthesis System, Aerophone Pro is an immensely capable wind synthesizer. ZEN-Core is our latest sound engine that powers flagship synthesizers like FANTOM and JUPITER-X, and Aerophone Pro features presets crafted by the world’s foremost wind synth sound designers. You get everything from vintage analog synth tones to modern hybrid sounds—with the expression and articulation only a wind instrument can provide.
Take the stage. And the studio.
Aerophone Pro enables powerful and expressive performances in any situation. Its robust design and flexible audio and MIDI connections make it perfect for any gig, or as the centre of a wind controller-based production studio. And with a headphone jack, Bluetooth MIDI, built-in speaker, and battery-powered operation, you can pick up and play whenever and wherever inspiration strikes.
Aerophone Pro’s powerful onboard editing tools let you personalize sounds on the spot. Even deeper customization is available through the editor app, where you can also manage sound libraries for different playing situations. And with easily selectable scene memories and favourites, you can quickly navigate the vast array of tones and mark them for instant recall.
- • Sleek and refined design with premium materials and pro connectivity
- • More playable and responsive than ever with low-latency sensors and controls
- • Over 300 acoustic and electronic sounds from traditional to modern and world instruments
- • Newly modeled SuperNATURAL tones with authentic acoustic sound and response
- • Advanced ZEN-Core Synthesis System for vintage and modern synthesizer sounds
- • Easy-to-read OLED screen and ergonomic controls
- • Layer up to five-part harmonies or play along with the new drone function
- • Bluetooth audio and MIDI, USB MIDI, and traditional MIDI ports
- • Built-in speaker, headphones jack, and battery power so you can play anywhere
- • Editor app for full visual control and deep editing on mobile devices
- • High-quality, cushioned carrying bag with large pocket for accessories
- - Key Layout Saxophone compatible
- - Sound Generator ZEN-Core SuperNATURAL acoustic
- - Parts
- 4 Parts (SuperNATURAL/Drum: 1 Part)
- - Preset Memory Preset Scene: 305 Preset Tone: 318 Preset Drum Kit: 10
- - User Memory User Scenes: 600 User Tones: 512 Favorite Scenes: 12
- - Effects Multi-effects Chorus Delay Reverb
- - Controllers Breath sensor Bite sensor Performance keys Octave keys Thumb lever Thumb pad S1/S2 button
- Scene buttons
- Menu buttons
- Scene category knob Transpose knob MIDI control switch
- - Bluetooth
- Ver 4.2
- Profile Support: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy) Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- - Display
- Graphic OLED 128 x 32 dots
- - Connectors
- PHONES jack: stereo miniature phone type
- OUTPUT jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI (IN/OUT) jack:
- USB COMPUTER/MEMORY port (Type-C, AUDIO/MIDI) DC IN jack
- - External Memory
- USB Flash drive (Type-C, sold separately)
- - Speaker Amplifier Power Output 1.5 W x 2
- - Speakers 2.8 cm x 2
- - Power Supply
- AC adaptor (DC 5.7 V)
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 6
- - Current Draw 915 mA
- - Battery life for continuous use (differs depending on the conditions of use)
- Rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries: approximately 6 hours (When using batteries having a capacity of 1,900 mAh.)
- * Carbon-zinc or alkaline batteries cannot be used
- - Dimensions
- 133 (W) x 84 (D) x 687 (H) mm
- 5-1/4 (W) x 3-5/16 (D) x 27-1/16 (H) inches
- - Weight (including batteries) 1,140 g, 2 lb 9 oz
- - Accessories
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY" AC adaptor
- Mouthpiece cap
- USB cable (Type C - Type A) Thumb hook cover (2 types)
- Water Basin
- Dedicated hand carry bag
- - Options (sold separately) Replacement Mouthpiece (OP-AE05MPH)