Roland F701 Digital Piano, Light Oak
Roland F701 Digital Piano
Here’s What Roland Say:
“The Roland F701 is Roland’s most compact and sleek piano that comes with a lid and full-length music rest. It has an individually weighted keybed, meaning that each key gradually gets lighter from left to right, just like an acoustic piano. If you are wanting the feel and sound of an acoustic piano, but do not have the space to fit in your home, the F701 is perfect for you. It has nearly half the depth of our other Digital Pianos, meaning you can fit it in almost any home, making it incredibly popular with students, kids and working professionals. The F701 shares all the technology from the larger RP701, which has a more traditional look, this includes Bluetooth Audio/MIDI, an Audio Input and the ability to play audio files from a USB Flashdrive. It also has the renowned SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, which is the most dynamic and expressive piano engine on the market and is easily controllable with onboard ring-lit buttons and an OLED screen. Connect it to the free to download Piano Everyday App, which unlocks more features, rhythms and a remote control that easily operates the piano. Available in Contemporary Black, White and Light Oak. The F701 comes with a 3-year warranty when registering your product with Roland Backstage.”
Overview By GAK
At GAK we like the Roland F701 Digital Piano due to it’s the compact and sleek design. It has nearly half the depth of Roland’s other Digital Pianos, meaning it can fit in almost any home, making it incredibly popular with students, kids and working professionals. It has a full-length music rest and is the first Roland Piano to come with a wooden finish.
For a piano that has all the same features and a more traditional looking cabinet, check out the RP701.
For a piano that has upgraded features, a hybrid wooden action and a slimline lifestyle cabinet, check out the DP-603.
Overview By Roland
The streamlined piano for the modern home.
If you’re learning piano as a new hobby or just looking to start playing again, you want to pick an instrument that matches your style. While some traditional pianos can look out of place with modern furnishings, the F701 is made with the contemporary home in mind, offering a stylish, understated cabinet and compact size that fits easily in smaller spaces. Yet while the minimal aesthetic seamlessly blends with your décor and subtly enhances the look of any room, the F701’s performance as a musical instrument is bold and commanding.
You’ll play with greater expression, thanks to Roland’s dynamic SuperNATURAL sound engine and PHA-4 Standard keyboard that responds to the slightest touch. And your home will be filled with a beautiful piano sound, thanks to the powerful twin speaker system. For total concentration during practice, dive into the Headphones 3D Ambience effect for an immersive sound field that encourages you to lose yourself in the music. You’ll practice more often and learn faster too, using integrated Bluetooth audio and MIDI to explore everything from YouTube video lessons to dedicated music apps.
Slide open the lid, select a sound to match your mood, and experience the F701: a thoroughly modern piano that looks—and feels—as good as it sounds.
Tone and feel that reacts to your touch.
With Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL sound engine at its heart, the F701 faithfully reproduces every side of your musical personality, from the boldest fortissimo to the most delicate pianissimo. Adding to the impression of an acoustic piano is the PHA-4 Standard keyboard, with hammer action, escapement, and ivory-touch white keys that feel utterly authentic, right down to the distinctive “click” when each one is played.
The streamlined operation for an inspiring playing experience.
With intuitive controls and an easy-to-read, icon-driven display, the F701 is simple to use and inspiring to play. Ditch the instruction manual and start exploring over 300 onboard play-along songs, the practice-friendly metronome, and a recording function that lets you evaluate your performance by listening back to what you just played.
Understated cabinet design that complements your home.
Simple, slim, and subtle, the F701 fits right in with the décor of your home, with rounded corners and an integrated piano lid that smoothly slides open to reveal the keys. Even the back has been considered, with neatly arranged rear connections that allow the piano to face in any direction without unsightly wires. And with three colour choices, it’s easy to find the perfect match for your room: standard black, clean white, or light oak with elegant simulated wood grain.
More productive practice with apps and Bluetooth.
With a focus on learning and Bluetooth connectivity, the F701 makes your practice sessions fun and highly productive. Bluetooth audio lets you hook up your smartphone and stream music through the piano speakers and play along, while Bluetooth MIDI makes it easy to access online learning platforms like Skoove and others. Or try Roland’s Piano Everyday app, with its One Week Master program that helps you learn a new piece of music in a week, complete with automatic recording of your performances to check how you’re doing.
- • Rich expression from Roland’s SuperNATURAL piano technology
- • All the feel and touch of an acoustic piano with the PHA-4 Standard keyboard
- • Understated modern design and compact size that fits discreetly into any room
- • Headphones 3D Ambience for an immersive and realistic playing experience when practicing with headphones
- • Intuitive display with easy-to-use icons
- • Connect your smartphone via Bluetooth audio and play along with your favorite songs
- • Compatible with Roland’s Piano Every Day app, which encourages learning pianists to practice more often
- • Available in black, white, and light oak finishes
- [Sound Generator]
- -Piano Sound
- SuperNATURAL Piano
- -Max. Polyphony
- 256 voices
- Total 324 Tones
- PHA-4 Standard Keyboard: with Escapement and Ivory Feel (88 keys)
- Damper (capable of continuous detection)
- Soft (capable of continuous detection, function assignable)
- Sostenuto (function assignable)
- [Speaker System]
- 12 cm (4-3/4 inches) x 2
- -Rated Power Output
- 12 W x 2
- Effect: Headphones 3D Ambience
- [Tuning, Voicing]
- -Touch Sensitivity
- Key Touch: 100 types, fixed touch
- Hammer Response: 10 types
- -Master Tuning
- 415.3--466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- 10 types (Equal, Just Major, Just Minor, Pythagorean, Kirnberger I, Kirnberger II, Kirnberger III, Meantone, Werckmeister, Arabic), selectable temperament key
- - Effects
- Brilliance, Ambience
- -Piano Designer
- String Resonance
- Damper Resonance
- Key Off Resonance
- Single Note Tuning
- Single Note Volume
- Single Note Character
- [Internal Songs]
- Total 377 songs
- Listening: 10 songs
- Ensemble: 30 songs
- Entertainment: 20 songs
- Let's Sing with DO RE MI: 30 songs
- Lesson: 287 songs (Scale, Hanon, Beyer, Burgmuller, Czerny 100)
- [Data Playback]
- -Playable Software
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 1)
- Audio File (WAV: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, MP3: 44.1 kHz, 64 kbps - 320 kbps, requires USB Flash Memory)
- -Recordable Software
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 3 parts, Approx. 70,000 notes memory)
- Audio File (WAV: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, requires USB Flash Memory)
- Audio: Bluetooth Ver 3.0 (Supports SCMS-T content protection)
- MIDI: Bluetooth Ver 4.0
- [Compatible Android / iOS Apps (Roland)]
- Piano Every Day
- Piano Designer
- [Convenient Functions]
- Metronome (adjustable Tempo/Beat/Down beat/Pattern/Volume/Tone)
- Transpose (in semitones)
- Speaker volume and Headphones volume automatically select function
- Volume limit function
- Speaker Auto Mute
- Panel Lock
- Auto Off
- Music rest: Fixed angle
- Key cover: Folding type
- Graphic OLED 128 x 64 dots
- DC In jack
- Input jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB Computer port: USB B type
- USB Memory port: USB A type
- Phones jack x 2: Stereo miniature phone type, Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- -Power Supply
- AC adaptor
- -Power Consumption
- Power Consumption: 20 W (when using the included AC adaptor)
- * Approximate power consumption when playing the piano at medium volume: 4 W
- * Power consumption when sound has not been played after power-on: 3 W
- With Lid Closed:
- 1,360 (W) x 345 (D) x 781 (H) mm
- 53-9/16 (W) x 13-5/8 (D) x 30-3/4 (H) inches
- With Lid Open:
- 1,360 (W) x 345 (D) x 913 (H) mm
- 53-9/16 (W) x 13-5/8 (D) x 36 (H) inches
- *Stabilizers mounted
- 36.0 kg/79 lbs 6 oz
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- The collection of scores "Roland Piano Masterpieces" (CHINA only)
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Headphone hook
- -Option (sold separately)