Roland FA-07 Workstation
Overview By GAK
The Roland FA-07 sits in the middle of the FA Workstation Series. Unlike the others in the series, the FA-07 offers the best balance between compact portability and having a keybed with a bit of resistance, aiding you to play weighted key instruments.
The FA-07 has a 76-note velocity-sensitive keyboard, with semi-weighted synth-action. This premium synth-action offers more resistance than the FA-06 and is still lightweight for back-saving transportability. Furthermore, by extending the range of notes to 76 keys, more traditionally trained pianists can utilise their chops in this fantastic synth action.
To get a more piano-like experience from your FA-07, you can use the Roland DP 10 Piano Style Sustain Pedal (sold separately), to sustain the notes like an Acoustic Piano. When used with a DP-10, the FA-07 supports Half-Pedalling, which is a technique used by professional pianists.
The SuperNATURAL sound engine, partnered with the more resistant action and transportable size, makes the FA-07 ideal for function band players. It’s a happy medium between having a large variety of sounds, portability and allowing you to play with accurate dynamics and real-life expression. SuperNATURAL powers the Acoustic Piano, E.Piano, Clavinets, Drawbar Organs, Strings, Guitar, Synths and Drums tones, meaning the FA-07 will also play like a high-end Stage Piano.
The FA-07 fits perfectly into the Roland CB-B76 Black 76-Note Keyboard Bag. We have made sure that everything you need for your FA Workstation is available in one click, with our Roland FA Workstation Bundles.
Here’s What Roland Say:
"The Roland FA series have consistently been some of our most popular synthesizers since their launch; whether you are looking for a great sounding and flexible synth to use on stage, an easy to use writing tool, or simply the ideal keyboard to compliment your home studio set up, the FA will definitely meet your needs.
The FA-07 features a 76-note semi-weighted synth action, with velocity sensitivity. It weighs just 8.5KG and features all the same capabilites as the FA-08, excluding the action.
The FA synthesizers feature over 2,000 sounds taken from our Integra-7 sound module. These include many acoustic tones powered by our acclaimed SuperNatural technology including SuperNatural Acoustic and Electric pianos, tonewheel organ (with customisable drawbars), strings and drums.
SuperNatural uses a combination of sampling and modelling techniques to re-create the true behaviour of acoustic instruments for added realism. The FA also features a SuperNatural synth engine allowing you to create incredible synth tones from scratch across 3 partials. You can also load in 2 additional expansion packs of sounds from the Roland Axial website.
For live musicians, the FA allows you to split or layer upto 16 tones at once (each with its own MFX) across the keyboard in a studio set which can be easily recalled in a live situation. The FA also features 16 sample pads (based on the SP-404A) which can trigger one shots or complete backing tracks from an SD card. If you’re not working with samples you can reconfigure the pads to operate a number of useful functions within the synth instead.
The FA features a 16-track linear midi sequencer, allowing you to create your own custom songs using the sounds in your studio set (or even sent externally to trigger other midi instruments). This can be exported as a multi-track WAV file to use within your DAW if you wish. Further to this, the FA can be used as an audio interface with your computer over USB, and it also features great DAW Midi control, with pre-made maps for Ableton, Cubase, Logic Pro and Sonar.
For customers looking for features similar to the FA, but in a more professional package check out the Roland Fantom range. Alternatively, if you are looking for something on a smaller budget take a look at the Roland Juno-DS series of synths.
- Keyboard: 76 keys (semi-weighted keyboard with velocity)
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Parts: 16 parts
- Wave Expansion Slots: 2 slots (The wave expansion slots are rewritable internal waveform memory. You can download data from the Axial sound library site and write it via a USB flash drive into the FA's internal wave memory (slot)).
- Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 68 types (Vocoder can be used only on part 1.)
- Part EQ: 16 systems
- Drum Part COMP+EQ: 6 systems
- Chorus: 3 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master Compressor (This can be changed to Insert FX (78 types).)
- Master EQ
- Total Effects (TFX): 29 types
- Mic Input Reverb: 8 types
- Keyboard - 76 keys (semi-weighted keyboard with velocity)
- SOUND GENERATOR SECTION
- Maximum Polyphony - 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Parts - 16 parts
- - NATURAL Acoustic
- - SuperNATURAL Synth
- - SuperNATURAL Drum Kit
- - PCM Synth
- - PCM Drum Kit
- * GM2 compatible sounds are included.
- Wave Expansion Slots - 2 slots
- * The wave expansion slots are rewritable internal waveform memory. You can download data from the Axial sound library site and write it via a USB flash drive into the FA's internal wave memory (slot).
- Favorite - Yes
- - Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 68 types (Vocoder can be used only on part 1.)
- - Part EQ: 16 systems
- - Drum Part COMP+EQ: 6 systems
- - Chorus: 3 types
- - Reverb: 6 types
- - Master Compressor (This can be changed to Insert FX (78 types).)
- - Master EQ
- - Total Effects (TFX): 29 types
- - Mic Input Reverb: 8 types
- MIDI Tracks - 16
- File format - Original, SMF export/import supported, WAV export supported
- * Sampler trigger data can be recorded.
- Format - 16-bit linear, 44.1 kHz, WAV/AIFF/MP3 import supported
- Maximum Polyphony - 8
- Number of Samples - 16 Pads x 4 Banks (for each song)
- * Samples cannot be used as wave data for the sound engine.
- Rhythm Pattern - Yes
- Arpeggio - Yes
- Chord Memory - Yes
- - D-BEAM Controller
- - Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- - Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2)
- - Control Knob x 6
- - Sample Pad
- - Tempo Knob
- Display - 5-inch Graphic Color LCD
- External Memory - SD Card (SDHC supported)
- - Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - MAIN Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - Sub Output Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - AUDIO INPUT Jacks
- - LINE: Stereo miniature phone type
- - GUITAR/MIC: 1/4-inch phone type
- - FOOT PEDAL Jacks (CTRL 1, CTRL 2, HOLD)
- - MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT)
- - USB FOR UPDATE Port
- - USB COMPUTER Port (USB Hi-Speed AUDIO/MIDI)
- (Use a USB cable and a computer with a USB port that support USB 2.0 Hi-Speed.)
- - DC IN Jack
- Power Supply - AC Adaptor
- Current draw - 1,300 mA
- - Quick Start
- - Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- - SD Card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- - SD Card Protector (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- - AC Adaptor
- - Power Cord
- Options (sold separately)
- - Keyboard Stand (*1): KS-G8, KS-G8B, KS-18Z, KS-12, KS-J8
- - Pedal Switch: DP series
- - Expression Pedal: EV-5
- - USB Flash Memory (*2)
- - Wireless USB Adapter: WNA1100-RL
- *1 When using the KS-18Z and KS-J8, ensure that the height of the unit is one meter or lower.
- *2 Use USB Flash Memory (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Memory) sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width - 1,231 mm, 48-1/2 inches
- - Depth - 311 mm, 12-1/4 inches
- - Height - 107 mm, 4-1/4 inches
- - Weight - 8.5 kg, 18 lbs. 12 oz.