Roland Fantom 6 Workstation
Roland Fantom 6 Workstation
- Roland are continuously updating and improving Roland Fantom, and they’ve already released numerous updates adding new features. These include; fantastic multi-sampling capabilities, SuperNATURAL Sound Banks, a 32-Band Vocoder and an abundance of sound expansion packs, enabling you to fill the 16 virtual expansion slots. Check out the added features from the V2.10 Update, making the Fantom even powerful than before.
- The Roland Fantom comes with a 3-year warranty when registering your product with Roland Backstage.
Overview By GAK
While all 3 variants of the Roland Fantom share the same controls, inputs/outputs and internals, the Fantom is available in 3 key configurations. Where the Fantom 8 gives you an 88-key fully-weighted wooden piano hammer action, courtesy of Roland’s PHA-50 keyboard action, the Fantom 7 has 76-semi weighted synth-action keys with aftertouch, which are same that feature on the Fantom 6, that has 61 keys.
The semi-weighted 61 key synth-action that features on the Fantom 6 is the same that is found on the Jupiter X. It is Roland’s most luxurious and premium feeling synthesizer action, offering a playing experience like no other. The keys have a lovely amount of resistance, whilst still being light enough to perform fast synth lead lines, phat basslines, brass runs and percussive sounds with ease. The key action also features Aftertouch, meaning that key pressure can be assigned to various different modulation settings that lay in the synth.
At every turn, FANTOM fulfils the need to create. Its smooth, rapid workflow has no confusing modes, frustrating technical limits, or trade-offs with sound quality. FANTOM’s creative process reflects how today’s musicians work, with fluid composition tools, instantly recallable creative environments, and deep computer integration.
NO MODES. JUST SEAMLESS WORKFLOW.
When the creative juices are flowing, there should be no barriers. With FANTOM, you won’t compromise your sound or suffer workarounds due to outdated technical limits. And forget worrying about what features work in which mode. FANTOM is always in full-on creative mode and your workflow stays consistent, no matter what.
MAKE A SCENE.
When you’re ready to create, so is FANTOM—and all it takes is a single touch. Your sounds, patterns, and performance layouts are arranged into custom creative spaces called Scenes. A Scene can be an entire song, a section of a song, or a starting point with your favourite sounds laid out just how you like. Scenes can be chained together and changed instantly with no gaps or glitches.
You shouldn’t have to wonder how many effects are available, or if you can change sounds seamlessly without limiting complex patches. With FANTOM, you can focus on playing music, not rationing processing power. And with so much power under the hood, you can run all 16 parts with all available effects—simultaneously—with full patch-remain for seamless transitions. It’s like having the power of two complete FANTOMs in one.
FANTOM’s flexible and expandable sound engine leverages decades of research and development, dishing out inspiring and authentic electronic, acoustic, and hybrid sounds by the bucketload. Combine multiple synthesis and sampling technologies along with the onboard analog filter for new and unusual sounds—and take advantage of new sound expansions and capabilities as they arrive.
“It’s about making each sound believable. Each word believable. Making every detail about that song believable—so an artist can feel like it’s theirs.” Larrance “Rance” Dopson - Music Director and Producer
FANTOM’s sound engine combines ZEN-Core’s analog modelling and PCM synthesis with deep multisampling, SuperNATURAL and V-Piano technologies—and even software synthesizers—for unique sounds and intricate performance setups. There are dozens of effects for space and depth, and an analog filter for extra warmth and grit. And thanks to our custom Behavior Modeling Core processors, control is smooth and precise with loads of polyphony, and full patch remain.
ZEN AT THE CORE.
FANTOM’s ZEN-Core synth engine is based on partials. Each partial contains a discrete synth voice—complete with an oscillator, filter, amplifier, dual LFO, and effects. You can have up to four partials in a single tone, and a Scene can contain up to 16 tones for complex splits, layers, and sequenced parts.
With FANTOM, you can sample internal and external sources, or even both at the same time. Sample directly to the onboard pads for triggering, to the keyboard for instant pitched sounds, or create detailed multisamples with up to 352 samples per tone. You can even use samples as the basis of a ZEN-Core tone, taking custom sound design to a new level.
THE PIANO IS KEY.
Considered by many as the king of instruments, the piano sits at the heart of the creative process for composers across a range of musical genres. FANTOM uses our V-Piano and SuperNATURAL technologies for pianos that don’t just sound real, they feel real. Craft pianos that play and respond like their acoustic counterparts and match your personal taste.
Low-frequency oscillators add movement to static sounds. More LFOs mean more modulation possibilities and more ways to explore new ground. FANTOM has two LFOs per partial, four partials per tone—and since you can stack 16 tones, that’s a staggering 128 LFOs per voice. And FANTOM’s Step-LFOs have 16 steps of beat-synced automation with 37 curve choices per step. This creates long evolving passages, modular-style animated textures, and sounds with deeply intricate movement.
EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS.
FANTOM continues to grow and evolve with new sounds and capabilities added regularly. A steady stream of updates brings user-requested features and refinements while Roland Cloud offers dozens of Sound Packs and Wave Expansions to keep your FANTOM sounding fresh.
After sound quality, what’s more important than playability? The way an instrument feels under your fingers, and how it helps you express yourself, is vital. FANTOM focuses on the experience of playing, from its immersive keyboard action to its arsenal of performance controls.
FANTOMs have our best keyboards ever, including the acclaimed PHA-50 on the 88-note model and a brand new semi-weighted action on the 61- and 76-note models. Each feels solid, precise, and supremely playable, with the expressive capabilities of aftertouch. We make our own keyboards to exacting standards, each model an evolution of the previous generation.
HIGH-RES, HANDS-ON CONTROL.
FANTOM has plenty of knobs and sliders for intuitive and immediate control, with high-resolution for buttery-smooth sweeps and fine adjustments. There’s a dedicated synthesizer section with oscillator, filter, and envelope controls, along with numerous buttons and pads for triggering and sequencing.
GO AHEAD. EXPRESS YOURSELF.
There are many ways to play expressively on keyboards. Some players like levers, some like wheels, some prefer pedals, while others prefer aftertouch. With FANTOM, you can use any of them—or all of them. You can even connect USB controllers to any of FANTOM’s three USB ports for enhanced expression.
FANTOM is a complete musical composition platform that excels at fast creation and fluid arrangement. You have RGB pads, a classic TR-REC style pattern sequencer, real-time recording with touchscreen piano-roll editing, and a grid for recording and launching clips. Use any or all, whenever you want.
FROM SPARK TO FIRE.
Different musical genres need diverse production styles and specialized tools. You can create patterns on FANTOM in a variety of ways including real and step-time polyphonic sequencing, or the TR-REC pattern sequencer—perfect for rhythmic parts—as used on our iconic drum machines.
A great way to build up a track is by arranging clips that contain musical patterns. Drums, basslines, pads, and other patterns can be recorded into clips that you can trigger individually, or in groups. It’s a lightning-fast way to compose and ideal for triggering backing tracks during live performance.
The foundation of dance music is the step-sequencer, specifically the 16-step TR-REC variety found on our drum machines like the TR-808 and TR-909. FANTOM’s built-in TR-REC sequencer makes it quick and easy to create rhythmic parts and is modernized with support for polyphonic parts.
While FANTOM is powerful by itself, its powers grow exponentially when connected to other gear like computers or analog synthesizers. FANTOM can control software synthesizers directly from the touchscreen, drive modular and analog synthesizers from its dual CV/Gate outputs, and is also a high-quality audio interface capable of 16 stereo outputs and 3 stereo inputs.
FANTOM doesn’t just work with computers—it fully integrates. It’s a high-quality 16x3 stereo audio interface and can control DAWs and plugins from its touchscreen. It can integrate soft synths into Scenes, and send parts composed on FANTOM directly to your DAW.
DEEP SOFT SYNTH INTEGRATION.
Customize your sound by integrating your plugin soft synths with FANTOM. Control Apple Logic, Garage Band, and Mainstage, and adjust soft synth parameters right from FANTOM’s touchscreen. Mix and layer soft synths with FANTOM’s internal sounds, and then route them through FANTOM’s analog filter section.
While FANTOM provides enormous creative potential, you may also want to integrate analog synths or drum machines with your setup. FANTOM has two sets of CV/Gate outputs so you can sync tempo or play them from FANTOM’s keyboard or its many pattern sequencers.
“The desire to transform thought into sound is to make the sounds that you can imagine become a reality.” ROLY PORTER - Composer
A clean and intuitive layout, premium materials, and our best-ever keyboard action. The result? An instrument that begs to be played.
IT’S THE LITTLE THINGS.
The more you get to know FANTOM, the more you appreciate the thoughtful details that simplify your life as a keyboardist. From the slight curvature of the top-panel labels for rear connections, to the informative RGB-lit controls and buttons, FANTOM facilitates creativity and eliminates frustration.
EVERYTHING IN ITS PLACE.
FANTOM is designed to propel the creative process and play beautifully. The placement of each control, and how it interacts with the creative heart inside FANTOM, has been thoroughly considered with today’s workflow in mind.
BUILT TO LAST.
FANTOM is made of tough metal with high-grade components throughout. Everything about it is sturdy and built to withstand the perils of live gigs and life on the road.
- Seamless workflow with no confusing modes
- Expandable sound engine delivers authentic electronic and acoustic sounds
- Fresh hybrid sounds combining modern PCM, virtual analog, and a routable analog filter
- V-Piano technology for stunning realism and expression
- Scenes contain settings for all 16 layers, plus effects and patterns
- Deep integration with DAWs and softsynths and 16x3 stereo audio interface
- Multitrack clip-based sequencing with instant pattern recording and triggering
- TR-REC sequencer as found on classic Roland drum machines
- High-resolution controls with dedicated synth control section
- Massive DSP power for plenty of polyphony and smooth sound transitions
- All new 61-note semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch (Fantom 6)
- All new 76-note semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch (Fantom 7)
- Acclaimed 88-note weighted keyboard with aftertouch (Fantom 8)
- Fantom 6 Keyboard - 61 Keys (semi-weighted keyboard and channel aftertouch)
- Fantom 7 Keyboard - 76 Keys (semi-weighted keyboard and channel aftertouch)
- Fantom 8 Keyboard - 88 Keys (PHA-50 Wood and Plastic Hybrid Structure, with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel, channel aftertouch)
- SOUND GENERATOR
- Sound Generator
- - ZEN-Core
- - V-Piano Technology
- - SuperNATURAL Acoustic
- * ZEN-Core Tones can import and export.
- - EXZ Series
- - EXSN Series
- * The expansion are rewritable internal sound generator memory.
- You can download data from the Roland Cloud and write it via a USB flash drive into the FANTOM's internal memory.
- Parts - 16 Zones (Internal + External)
- Scenes - 128 Scenes x 4 Bank
- * The Scenes can import and export.
- - Over 3,500 Tones
- - Over 90 Drum kits
- Tone Remain - 16 parts (16 zones / 16 scenes).
- * Tone Remain does not apply to V-Piano Technology sounds.
- Favourite - Rating System: 4 Steps (0-3)
- Tone Search / Scene Search - Rating, Character
- - Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 90 types
- - Part EQ: 16 systems
- - Drum Part COMP: 6 systems
- - Insertion Effect: 2 System, 90 Type
- - TFX: 1 System, 90 Types
- - Input MFX: 2 Systems(in Parallel), 90 Types
- - Chorus: 9 types
- - Reverb: 7 types
- - Master Compressor
- - Master EQ
- - Input Reverb: 7 types
- - Input EQ: 2 Systems (in Parallel)
- Analog Filter
- - STEREO
- - Type: LPF1/LPF2/LPF3/HPF/BPF/Bypass
- - Drive
- - Amp
- - Band: 13, 20, 32
- - Type: Mono, Stereo
- - Preset Setting: 10
- - User Setting: 20
- Scene Chain
- - Chain: 16 Scenes x 32 Pages (Total 512 Scenes) per 1 Chain set
- - Set: 100
- - Marker: 62 (0-9, A-Z, a-z) per 1 Chain Set
- MIDI Tracks - 16 (Internal/External)
- Group - 16
- Pattern - 8 (per each Track)
- Pattern Length - 32 measures
- Recording Method - Realtime recording, Step recording, TR-REC
- Editing Method - Piano roll edit (Touch Edit support / Automation support), Microscope
- Song1 - (per Scene)
- File format - Original, SMF export/import supported
- * Sampler trigger data can be recorded.
- SAMPLER - KEYBOARD MULTISAMPLE
- Format - 16/24-bit linear, 44.1/48kHz, WAV/AIFF
- Number of Samples - 8,000
- Number of Multisamples - 128
- Sampling Time - The maximum is 2 minutes 44 second (1 Sample)
- * A total of approximately 2 GB (Share with Expansion titles)"
- SAMPLER - PAD SAMPLER
- Format - 16-bit linear, 44.1/48kHz, WAV/AIFF import supported
- Maximum Polyphony - 8
- Number of Samples - 16 Pads x 4 Banks
- Sampling Time - The maximum is 60 minutes (the equivalent of approximately 660 MB).
- * A total of approximately 2 GB can be saved (including imported WAV files)
- * When you use the PAD samples as KBD Wave, then you have to manipulation it.
- SAMPLER - INTERNAL STORAGE SPACE FOR FILES
- Size - 2GB
- Rhythm Pattern - Yes
- Arpeggiator - Yes
- Chord Memory - Yes
- Motional Pad - Yes
- PAD Mode - Sample Pad, Note Pad, Partial Sw/Sel, DAW Control, Zone Mute, Zone Solo, Kbd Sw Group, Rhythm Pattern, Pattern, Variation Play, Group Play
- AIRA LINK - Yes
- * When connect to MX-1
- CV/Gate Control - 2 x CV/Gate or 3 x CV/1 x Gate
- - Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever (*)
- - Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2)
- - Control Knob x 8
- - Slider x 8
- - USB Audio Slider
- - Wheel x 2 (*)
- - Function Knob x 6
- - Sound Modified Knob x 11 (*)
- - 4 x 4 Pad
- * 1024 step editing support
- It can be use with Cutoff, Resonance, Attack , Decay , Sustain , Release , Amp , FX Depth.
- Display - Graphic Type, 7", Wide VGA (800 x 480 dots), backlit LCD (Color/Touch screen)
- - Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - MAIN OUT Jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- - MAIN OUT Jacks (L, R) (XLR type)
- - SUB OUT1 Jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- - SUB OUT2 Jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- - ANALOG OUTPUT Jacks(1,2)(1/4-inch phone type)
- - Mic/Line Input Jacks: (1,2) (1/4 inch phone type/XLR type)
- - 2 x CV OUT, 2x GATE OUT
- - FOOT PEDAL JackS(HOLD, CTRL1,CTRL2,CTRL3) (*1)
- - MIDI connectors (IN, OUT1, OUT2/THRU) (*2)
- - USB MEMORY Port
- - USB COMPUTER Port (AUDIO: Max 24bit/96KHz 3 Stereo Output, 16 Stereo Input / MIDI:
- - 3 Port support)
- - 3 x External Device Port: A Roland A-49 or an A-PRO series MIDI Controller can be connected. (*3)
- *1: 1024 Step value support
- *2: High-resolution velocity data output support
- *3: Operation is not guaranteed if a generic MIDI device is connected.
- External Memory - USB Flash drive (sold separately)
- Power Supply - AC 117–240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption - 50 W
- - Owner's manual
- - Power Cord
- Options (sold separately)
- - Keyboard Stand: KS-10Z, KS-12
- - Pedal Switch: DP series, RPU-3
- - Expression Pedal: EV-5
- - USB Flash drive (*)
- * Use a commercially available USB flash drive. However, we cannot guarantee that all commercially available USB flash drives will work.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Fantom 6
- - Width - 1,084 mm, 42-11/16 inches
- - Depth - 403 mm, 15-7/8 inches
- - Height - 106 mm, 4-3/16 inches
- - Weight - 15.3 kg, 33 lbs 12 oz
- Fantom 7
- - Width - 1,296 mm, 51-1/16 inches
- - Depth - 403 mm, 15-7/8 inches
- - Height - 106 mm, 4-3/16 inches
- - Weight - 17.7 kg, 39 lbs 1 oz
- Fantom 8
- - Width - 1,432 mm, 56-7/16 inches
- - Depth - 439 mm, 17-5/16 inches
- - Height - 153 mm, 6-1/16 inches
- - Weight - 27.7 kg, 61 lbs 2 oz
No upgrades available