Roland GK-3B Bass Pickup
The popularity of Roland's V-Bass and GR-20 guitar synthesizer continues to spread, and the new improved GK-3B is the perfect pickup for driving these and other MIDI bass rigs. Much smaller and thinner than its GK-2B predecessor, the GK-3B is similar to its guitar counterpart, the GK-3, but catered for bass players.
- Thinner controller unit (compared to GK-2B)
- Large and smooth GK Knob for controlling volume
- Select Switch for selecting normal bass tone, synth sounds, or a mixture of the two
- Attachment holder and double-sided tape included for easy installation
- Compatible with V-BASS and GI-20. In October 2004, an updater will be available for download to make it compatible with GR-20.
No upgrades available
The pickup once installed (needed some thought) works very well. The lead coming from the centre of the pickup limited which bass I could put it on. The lead has some flexibility by the way. If the lead came from the end of the pickup (like on the guitar version) it would get 5 stars. Roland have the instructions on their website that include dimensions so you can work out how best to fit.
Very good, works just as it should