Roland HPD-20 HandSonic Digital Hand Percussion Pad
The HandSonic HPD-20 is a unique instrument that's ideal for a wide range of music creators, from percussionists and drummers to electronic dance music performers, composers, and producers. Equipped with the renowned SuperNATURAL sound engine and powerful multi-effects, the HPD-20 offers 850 dynamic sounds, plus the ability to import your own samples via USB flash memory. 13 pads provide ultra-sensitive response and flexible control options for playing onboard sounds and external MIDI instruments with an incredible range of expression. The HPD-20 also excels in computer music applications, where it's perfect for playing virtual instruments, recording MIDI and audio performances in DAW software, and much more. And with convenient trigger inputs, you can easily expand the HPD-20 with a Roland pad and hi-hat controller to build a super-compact percussion set.
- Powerful hand percussion instrument for live performance and studio music production
- 850 drum and percussion sounds from around the world, along with melodic instruments, tones for modern electronic music, and more
- Roland's acclaimed SuperNATURAL engine delivers unparalleled sound quality and expressiveness
- Import up to 500 of your own WAV sounds via USB flash memory and assign them to pads
- Deep editing capability allows you to tweak and layer instruments and process tones with three independent multi-effects engines, ambience, and EQ
- 13 silicone rubber pads provide ultra-sensitive velocity response and a comfortable feel
- Dynamic pad assignments let you dampen, mute, and tune sounds for authentic performances of acoustic hand percussion like congas and tabla
- Roll button and Realtime Modify knob; D-BEAM for controlling sounds and effects with hand movements
- Easily capture performances and ideas with the Quick Rec function and export them as WAV audio files to USB flash memory
- Inputs for connecting a Roland pad and hi-hat controller (sold separately) to create a super-compact drum set
- USB Computer port for audio/MIDI communication with popular music software, including DAWs and standalone virtual instruments
No upgrades available
It’s really good but it’s also really basic and as such it looses a star because it shouldn’t be as expensive as it is. Pros: it’s a very expressive midi controller and instrument in its own right, you can load your own sounds (slowly) and it’s light and portable. Cons: it’s plastic and apart from the pad itself it feels kinda cheap which it most certainly isn’t lol. It’s defo feels like an instrument of yesteryear with the dated operating system and old school display etc. No regrets on buying it tho, even if it did sting my wallet more than it should have imo and it’s defo ripe for an updated version now I think. If it had MPE that would be amazing.
Very Nice, It was gift!
Buy this now! Before buying the Handsonic HPD-20 I've made the mistake to get a Korg wavedrum and an electric cajon. Nothing compares to the Handsonic. The quality of sound, the range of instruments and the 13pads set this instrument above the rest. There are many reviews on youtube, however, there is nothing to compare you for how much fun this little thing is! Hours and hours of entairtainment, from am inmstrument that it certainly not a party gimik, as I found the wavedrum and the electronic cajon to be. You can crank up the sound as much as you like without compromising sound quality. Personally, though I enjoy the drum kits, I've absolutely loved the melodic instruments as they transform this perussion pad to a synth! Finally, the Handsonic can be made fully portable. By using strong magnets, I've attached a Power Bank and a Portable Speaker undernath, which made the instrument completely self-sufficient. You wont go wrong with this one.