Roland Juno-DS76 Synthesizer
Roland Juno-DS76 Synthesizer
"The JUNO-DS76 shares all the great features of the JUNO-DS61, but has more keys and action with a bit more resistance than your usual synth action. The Juno name has always been used for Roland's more affordable studio/live keyboard range. The JUNO-DS is the latest edition of this long line of workhorse products. It has a huge selection of tones (over 1200!), ready to be used/edited at a click of a button, covering all styles of music. You can split and layer 16 tones across the keyboard at once, perfect for Live Performers and Composers. To expand your soundset even more, you can load in your own samples and spread them across the notes of the keyboard. You can also trigger samples/drum sounds or create loops with the sample pads. It has it's very own USB Audio Interface, so you can record your ideas straight to your laptop. To cover all possible scenarios that you may face as a performing musician, the JUNO-DS can even be battery powered. For those looking for a fully weighted version, check out the JUNO-DS88. The JUNO-DS comes with a 3-year warranty when registering your product with Roland Backstage."
Overview by GAK
The Roland Juno-DS76 Synthesizer is an all-round keyboard for both the stage and in the studio.
It has over 1200 tones, more than 30 drum kits and 64 Performances. These can be organised and saved across the 256 User Patches or combined in the 128 User Performance slots. The sounds cover everything from classic synth sounds, essential piano/electric piano/organ/string sounds, as well as a huge library of orchestral and SFX type sounds. Due to such a diverse and wide array of inbuilt sounds, the JUNO-DS has become the go-to keyboard for those wanting to add keys to their live set, but may not actually be a keyboard player. It's incredibly easy to navigate, which is why it's so popular.
There are 2 different performance modes, which will allow you to play individual tones, split/layer them or even stack 16 of them together across the keybed.
You can load in your own samples and spread them across each of the individual keys, meaning you are in complete control of your sound. You can edit all of the sounds with the powerful effects section, as well as go to the finite detail in the synth section.
You can create/build your own patterns in the Pattern Sequencer, allowing you to stack 8 different loops simultaneously.
Trigger drum sounds, loops and samples with the 8 performance pads, giving all the power to perform your tracks live.
Connect to your computer via the inbuilt USB Audio/Midi Interface to communicate with your favourite DAW or just simply record the internal audio.
The JUNO-DS is super lightweight and portable, plus it can be battery-powered, so it is the perfect companion to the modern keyboard player.
Lightweight 76-note performance synth with great sounds and intuitive operation for bands expanding their musical range.
Life moves fast as an upcoming musician or ambitious new band. When you’re racing between rehearsals, sessions, and shows, you don’t have time to deal with a bulky, complex synth that’s difficult to use. The Roland JUNO-DS76 is the portable modern synth that can keep up with your busy band life. Lightweight, compact, and powerful, this 76-note instrument is always ready to go, with easy operation and instant access to pro onboard sounds that let you create or perform music anywhere, from studio to stage. And with its extended-range keyboard, the JUNO-DS76 is ideally suited for playing advanced arrangements with multiple sounds split across the keys.
Mobile Design and Stage-Ready Sounds
The JUNO-DS76 is an ideal keyboard for all types of players, from performing pros and weekend warriors to music producers and home hobbyists. It also excels in teaching labs and other music education environments. Easy to carry and easy to use, the JUNO-DS76 is filled with great Roland sounds for any style or genre, and versatile battery or AC operation gives you the flexibility to play anytime and anywhere.
Top-Quality Pianos, Organs, and More
Acoustic pianos, electric pianos, and organs are bread and butter for most performing keyboardists. In the JUNO-DS76, the pianos have been newly enhanced with improved sound and response, and there are even more organs to choose from. In addition to this new DS Tone Bank, the instrument includes the entire 1000-plus sound set from the previous-generation JUNO-Di, and patches from that keyboard are fully compatible with the JUNO-DS76.
Enhanced Editing and Hands-On Controls
One thing that’s made the JUNO series a players’ favourite is its instant-access design, which makes it easy to call up fantastic sounds right away. But if you like to dig in and customise, the JUNO-DS76 now offers even more adjustable parameters than before, allowing you to tweak patches and performances with detailed precision. The front panel provides an expanded array of hands-on knobs and sliders for creating patches and adjusting sounds as you perform, while the rear panel features jacks for connecting hold and expression pedals at the same time.
Wave Expansion Slot for Adding New Sounds
To complement its impressive onboard sound set, the JUNO-DS76 supports internal waveform expansion via USB for unlimited tonal range. Over 1000 EXP sounds are available for free download at Roland’s Axial website, including top-quality acoustic piano collections, world instruments, go-to studio standards, percussion, loops, and more. If don’t find what you need there, it’s even possible to load in WAV files from your personal library and play them from the keyboard! Out of the box, the JUNO-DS76 comes with the versatile EXP-06 Studio Collection preloaded in the wave expansion slot.
Phrase Pads for Triggering Songs and Samples
With the JUNO-DS76’s eight Phrase Pads, you can supplement your keyboard performances with samples or music files stored on USB memory. Just load up the pads with whatever you like—one-shot samples, vocals, sound effects, loops, or complete music tracks—and trigger them with a quick touch when needed.
Mic Input with Vocoder and Auto Pitch
If you’re a solo performer or singer/songwriter, you’ll love the JUNO-DS76’s mic input, which lets you get great vocal sounds without having to carry around extra gear. There’s a dedicated vocal reverb, plus Auto Pitch for singing with the "stepped" electronic vocal effect popular in today’s music. The built-in vocoder is big fun too, allowing you to sing into a mic and control the tone and pitch via sounds played on the keyboard.
Eight-Track Pattern Sequencer
When you have an idea for a song or beat, you can easily capture and develop it with the onboard pattern sequencer. The intuitive, non-stop operation won’t interrupt your creative flow, letting you build up full arrangements with multiple sounds in no time. The sequencer is also perfect for enhancing live performances with pre-made backing music and on-the-fly looping.
Music Production Partner
The JUNO-DS76 is not only great on stage—it works great for computer music production as well. The integrated USB interface provides a solid front end for a mobile or studio recording setup, allowing you to record MIDI and audio data, including sounds from the mic input. There’s even a dedicated DAW Control mode for controlling your music software from the JUNO-DS76’s front panel.
- Lightweight, gig-ready instrument with pro sounds, enhanced performance features, and battery-powered operation
- 76-note velocity-sensitive keyboard with synth action
- Includes all the sounds from the popular JUNO-Di, plus newly updated acoustic and electric pianos, additional organs, and other stage essentials
- Wave expansion slot enables users to download new sound waveforms, available for free at Roland's Axial website
- Sample import function for playing user WAV files on the JUNO-DS61's keyboard
- Easy sound manipulation and editing with hands-on knobs and sliders
- Eight Phrase Pads for triggering samples and audio songs stored on USB memory
- Mic input and dedicated Reverb, Vocoder, and Auto Pitch effects for impressive vocal performances
- Intuitive eight-track pattern sequencer with non-stop recording for quickly developing song ideas
- USB audio/MIDI and DAW Control mode
- Maximum Polyphony 128 voices Parts 16 parts Preset Memory - Patches: Over 1200 - Drum kits: Over 30 - Performances: 64 * GM2 compatible sounds are included. User Memory - Patches: 256 - Drum kits: 8 - Performances: 128 - Favorites: 100 Wave Expansion Slots 1 slot * The wave expansion slot is rewritable internal waveform memory. You can download data from the Axial sound library site and write it via a USB flash drive into the JUNO-DS's internal wave memory (slot).
- Sample Import Function File Format Audio file: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits) Supports multi-sample (System Program Ver. 2.00 or later, with JUNO-DS Tone Manager) Effects - Multi-effects: 3 systems, 80 types - Chorus: 3 types - Reverb: 5 types - Mic input reverb: 8 types
- Audio File Player Section File Format Audio file: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- Others Rhythm Pattern Preset: 30 groups x 8 Arpeggio Preset: 128 Controllers Pitch bend/Modulation lever Control knob x 4 Level slider x 4 Multicolor pad x 8 Display Graphic LCD 256 x 80 dots External Storage Device USB flash drive (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed flash memory) Connectors PEDAL HOLD jack PEDAL CONTROL jack MIC INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type EXT INPUT jack: stereo miniature phone type OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type PHONES jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type MIDI connectors (IN, OUT) USB MEMORY port USB COMPUTER port (supports USB MIDI/AUDIO) DC IN jack Power Supply DC 9 V: AC adaptor or rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 8 * Battery life for continuous use (differs depending on the conditions of use) Rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries: approximately 5 hours (when using batteries having a capacity of 1900 mAh) (approximately 4 hours if USB flash drive is connected) * Carbon-zinc or alkaline batteries cannot be used
- Options (sold separately) Keyboard stand (*1): KS-18Z, KS-12 Pedal switch: DP series Expression pedal: EV-5 USB flash memory (*2) *1 When using the KS-18Z, ensure that the height of the unit is one meter or lower. *2 Use USB Flash Memory (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Memory) sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- Size and Weight Width 1,231 mm 48-1/2 inches Depth 311 mm 12-1/4 inches Height 102 mm 4-1/16 inches Weight (excluding AC adaptor) 6.9 kg 15 lbs. 4 oz.
Fantastic synth, many sounds and features. So many infact I think I will be learning new things for a long time.
Love this thing.
A very good choice of very usable built in sounds. Learning to edit etc for me will take time.
As modern hi tech gear goes... it's easier to program than I expected and there are plenty of good Roland on line tutorials to help. Very nice sounds and the keyboard plays pretty good for a synth of this price. Not quite a Nord but very OK.