Roland Juno X Synthesizer Keyboard
Roland Juno-X Synthesizer Keyboard
One of the most iconic synthesizers updated, enhanced and expanded for the modern keyboardist, synthesist and performer.
Whilst the Roland Juno-X delivers the authentic sound, iconic looks and immediacy of those legendary synthesizers, it combines those sought-after characteristics with a host of inspiring sonic and performance capabilities. With the Juno-X, you can experience the classic Roland Juno voice and take it to new heights. In addition to the new Juno-X engine and faithfully recreated Juno-60 and Juno-106 models, the Juno-X also boasts sounds from RD pianos, the XV-5080 module, Model Expansions and more. Powered by Roland’s groundbreaking ZEN-Core Synthesis System, the Juno-X is the perfect marriage of vintage charm and next-gen power.
Next In Line
Roland’s Juno series continues to be one of the most beloved and revered lineups of analogue synthesizers ever made. Although the Juno-6, Juno-60 and Juno-106 each have slight differences, they’re all renowned for their organically warm sound, lush stereo analogue chorus and their beautiful simplicity. The straightforward control scheme meant creating or tweaking sounds was fast and fun. Available at a much more affordable price than the flagship Jupiter series and other major polysynths, the Juno range became a massive hit amongst musicians after a fully-featured polyphonic synth that didn’t break the bank.
The Roland Juno’s distinctive sonic character would go on to define the sound of many '80s chart-toppers including “Take On Me” by a-ha, “Save A Prayer” by Duran Duran and “Borderline” by Madonna. The Juno voice would also play a key part in the emergence of electronic music genres such as House, Techno and Synthwave. Contemporary artists such as Tame Impala, Daft Punk and the Weeknd have shown how timeless the Juno sound truly is.
With their Juno-X synthesizer, Roland has captured all the magical qualities of their Juno and fused it with their innovative technologies to totally reimagine the vintage Juno experience for today’s musician.
Roland have kitted out the Juno-X with a trio of Juno sound engines, giving you three different Juno synths in one. The Juno-60 and Juno-106 models are genuine recreations of the originals, delivering all the character and nuance you’d expect from the originals whilst the all-new Juno-X engine is an exciting evolution of the Juno sound.
These can be stacked and layered up to four times within a Scene, allowing you to design complex sounds that the monotimbral vintage synths could only dream of. They can also be stacked with the other onboard sounds and Model Expansions with plenty of polyphony to spare. For example, you could blend a serene RD Piano with a Juno-60 string patch that gets louder the harder you hit the keys.
Unique Juno-X Engine
The unique Juno-X model is what separates this synth from the others in Roland’s roster. The Juno-X model can be thought of as a “Super Juno” that uses the historic Juno sound as its basis and expands upon it. An updated version of Roland’s trademark Super Saw waveform can be used to create wide and fat detuned sounds that are suited to enveloping pads, juicy leads and thunderous basses. Velocity sensitivity introduces a new dimension of expression, letting you dynamically affect a patch with your touch. The oscillator’s pitch can also be manipulated via the pitch envelope and changed in semitone increments rather than being limited to octaves like the originals.
As well as the famous Chorus I and Chorus II modes which can be used together for a “secret” third setting, there’s a new Chorus III mode that presents a fresh flavour of delicious stereo modulation. All the Chorus modes can be mixed, with up to seven combinations at your disposal.
Juno and Beyond
The Roland Juno-X synth is far more versatile than its predecessors, featuring pre-loaded models from other well-regarded instruments. Roland has packed the Juno-X with over 900 PCM-based presets from their XV-5080 module, a powerful synthesizer and sampler that’s packed with astounding acoustic instruments, vintage synths, drum and world sounds. The RD-Piano model is derived from Roland’s acclaimed RD stage piano range and gives you access to a host of expressive acoustic piano sounds. You can also plug a microphone into the Juno-X’s mic input to use alongside the Vocoder model for robotic voice sounds, ensemble pads, choral textures and more.
The Juno-X keyboard synthesizer fully supports Model Expansions from Roland Cloud. This allows you to expand the Juno-X’s already impressive range of sounds with other Roland instruments from the past and present, from authentically modelled versions of classic synths including the JD-800, JX-8P and Jupiter-8 to modern masterpieces such as Vocal Designer. With new Wave Expansions, Sample Packs and Sound Packs regularly added, you’ll never run out of sounds to inspire your creativity.
All new Juno-X synthesizers come with your choice of ten free sound packs from Roland Cloud so you can expand your new keyboard with new sounds straight away. The Juno-X also features integrated support for Roland Cloud Connect. This convenient and powerful option comes with the WC-1 and Roland Cloud membership. Using Roland Cloud Connect, you can use a compatible phone to wirelessly browse, try out and load Model Expansions directly to your Juno-X.
Aside from the sound, one of the most appealing features of the Juno-6, Juno-60 and Juno-106 is the intuitive interface that made designing and tweaking sounds effortless. This tactile and straightforward workflow has been retained with the Juno-X, with an inviting and familiar panel that’s adorned with high-resolution sliders for precise control over parameters and dedicated buttons for instant patch recall. When using the Juno-X, Juno-60 and Juno-106 models, you have one-to-one control over all the main controls for that classic Juno experience.
A crystal-clear LCD display is perfectly placed for when you need to deep dive into Juno-X’s advanced sound-shaping parameters.
The Juno-X is equipped with 256 Scenes, which are customisable creative spaces that can be instantly recalled with one touch. Within a scene, you can store settings for four separate instrument parts, a dedicated drum part, effect parameters, I-Arpggio settings and more.
Powerful DSP Effects
Roland has outfitted the Juno-X with a plethora of studio-quality effects that can add depth, space and texture to your patches. On top of the famous Juno choruses, you have independent MFX and EQ for the individual parts as well as delay, reverb and drive. A master EQ and compressor provide the final polish and there are dedicated vocal effects for when you hook up a microphone.
Using the traditional arpeggiator, the Roland Juno-X keyboard can pull off the sprawling arpeggios that you’d associate with the Juno-60 - and a whole lot more. The futuristic I-Arpeggio feature is powered by intelligent algorithms that respond to your note changes and harmonic movement. Your favourite I-Arpeggio MIDI performances can be exported if you want to develop them further within your DAW.
Free Editor Software
The free Juno-X Editor software allows you to customise and edit your patches in finer detail using your Mac or Windows computer’s larger screen. Organising your performance setups and tailoring your Scenes has never been easier.
Whether you’re a studio-based producer or a touring keyboardist, you’ll appreciate the Juno-X’s rugged metal construction that’s also light enough for easy transportation between gigs. The 61-note keyboard features a smooth synth action, channel aftertouch and velocity sensitivity. In addition to the classic Roland pitch bend/mod lever, you also have two assignable sliders and three assignable buttons which you can use to quickly manipulate patches during a performance.
There’s also an array of high-quality connections, including stereo balanced XLR outputs, stereo 1/4" jack outputs, stereo audio inputs, full-size MIDI In, Out and Thru, USB audio and inputs for external pedals. The built-in stereo speaker system provides plenty of punch for personal monitoring whilst the onboard Bluetooth lets you stream audio to the synth from your tablet or phone.
If you’re looking for a reliable, feature-packed synth that sports a proper vintage aesthetic, gives you all the classic Roland Juno sounds and significantly more, the Roland Juno-X should be on your must-try list.
- The legendary JUNO synthesizer experience reimagined with the power of the ZEN-Core Synthesis System
- Newly developed JUNO-X Model with Super Saw oscillator, velocity sensitivity, Chorus III effect, and more
- Authentic Models of the JUNO-60 and JUNO-106 synths from the 1980s
- Versatile sounds from the XV-5080, RD-series pianos, and Roland’s classic vocoder
- User slot for loading Model Expansions such as the JUPITER-8, JD-800, Vocal Designer, and others from Roland Cloud
- Fast and intuitive workflow based on Scenes
- Instant sound creation with a hands-on panel inspired by historic JUNO synths
- High-resolution knobs and sliders for precision control
- Traditional arpeggiator and advanced I-Arpeggio driven by intelligent algorithms
- Expressive 61-note keyboard with aftertouch
- Onboard stereo speakers and Bluetooth® audio support
- USB audio/MIDI interface and USB Memory port for data backup to a flash drive
- Free JUNO-X Editor software for macOS and Windows
- Browse and load Model Expansions, Sound Packs, and more over Wi-Fi via Roland Cloud Connect
- 10 free Sound Packs available from Roland Cloud with purchase
- Keyboard: 61 Keys (channel aftertouch)
- Sound Generator: ZEN-Core / Various MODEL sound generators
- Parts: 5 parts (Play part: 4, Rhythm part: 1)
- Tones: Preset tone: 4,000 or greater / User tone: 256 / Drum Kit: 90 or greater
- Scenes: 256
- Effects: Multi-Effects: 4 systems, 93 types / Part EQ: 5 systems / Overdrive / Reverb: 8 types / Chorus: 5 types / Delay: 5 types / Mic: NS, Compressor / Master: EQ, Compressor
- Arpeggiator: I-ARPEGGIO (Multi parts arpeggiator with playing detection)
- Arpeggio: Parts 5 parts
- Controllers: Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever / Assignable Slider x 2 / Assignable Switch x 3
- Bluetooth: Ver 4.2 Profile Support: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy) Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- Speaker Amplifier Power Output: 4 W x 2
- Speakers: Full range (3.5 x 8 cm) x 2 / Tweeter 2 cm x 2
- Connectors HEADPHONES jacks: Stereo miniature phone type (front), Stereo 1/4-inch phone type (rear) / MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type / MAIN OUT jacks (L, R): XLR type / MIC INPUT jack: 1/4 inch phone type/XLR type / AUX INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type / HOLD PEDAL jack / CONTROL PEDAL jack / MIDI connectors (IN, OUT) / USB COMPUTER port (AUDIO/MIDI) / USB MEMORY port
- External Memory: USB Flash drive (sold separately)
- Power Consumption: 20 W
- Dimensions: 1,072 (W) x 333 (D) x 118 (H) mm 42-1/4 (W) x 13-1/8 (D) x 4-11/16 (H) inches
- Weight: 11.6 kg / 25 lbs 10 oz
- Accessories: Startup Guide / Power cord
- Options (sold separately): Keyboard Stand: KS-10Z, KS-12 / Pedal Switch: DP series / Expression Pedal: EV-5
No upgrades available