Roland RP-102 Digital Piano, Black
Roland RP-102 Digital Piano, Black
"The RP-102 takes many of the best features from the FP-30, and puts it in a more traditional looking cabinet to stand out in your home. It is the first piano in our range that has a lid and a built-in triple pedal unit, making it more like a high end grand piano. The action has ivory feel, individually weighted keys and even has escapement, again, just like a high end acoustic grand piano. The sound is incredibly expressive, thanks to the amazing SuperNATURAL sound engine and the way it interacts with you as you play. The Bluetooth connectivity is no gimmick, it really sets the keyboard apart from anything in the competition. You can connect to either your iOS or Android Smart Mobile Device to our Piano Partner 2 App, giving you access to 287 additional sounds, interactive lessons and a diary to log your practice. PP2 also gives you virtual control of the keyboard, enabling you to Split, Layer, change Tone, Volume and many other settings. Though it's not designed specifically for this model, Piano Designer App is also compatibile, allowing you to load additional piano tones and customise them to your preference. To top it off, the RP-102 comes with a 3 year Warranty and Lifetime Tech Support with myself." GAK's Roland Product Specialist, James Purvis.
An Overview of the Roland RP-102 by GAK
The Roland RP-102 has the reknowned SuperNATURAL sound engine and 128 note polyphony, giving you a realistic and expressive response as if you were playing an acoustic piano.
The PHA-4 Action, with Escapement, Ivory Feel and individually weighted keys, helps you find every minute detail of the sound engine.
You can connect to your Smart Devices via Bluetooth and play along to 21 rhythm styles in the Piano Partner 2 App. PP2 also allows you to remotely control the keyboard and use the pedals to turn the pages on digital manuscript.
Make the most of home piano lessons/duets with Twin Piano and dual headphone outputs.
There is a special offer running at the moment, where you get a free 3 month subscription to Skoove. This provides you with hours worth of lessons and learning content.
Pair it with the optional RPB-220 Adjustable Piano Bench in Black to match your piano.
For a piano that saves on space, has more internal sounds, built-in expandable rhythm accompaniments, audio playback via a USB Flashdrive, double the speaker power, more control on the front panel, a dedicated LED screen, a full-length music rest and the option for a white or black finish, check out the F-140R.
Roland Product Overview
When choosing a piano, it’s essential to find an instrument that suits your lifestyle, budget, and space. The Roland RP102 delivers on all fronts, combining authentic piano performance and onboard practice features in a compact and affordable design. It’s filled with technologies derived from our award-winning premium pianos—including a luxurious and supremely playable weighted-action keyboard—providing inspiring sound and touch that will continually support your music as your skills evolve. And with its streamlined cabinet and three integrated pedals, the RP102 offers a traditional upright look that fits nicely anywhere space is at a premium.
Thanks to its advanced capabilities, the RP102 blends in seamlessly with your modern lifestyle. It never needs tuning or regular maintenance, and includes onboard Bluetooth® technology for connecting with a smartphone or tablet for instant enjoyment and enhanced learning. By wirelessly pairing the piano with Roland’s free Piano Partner 2 App, you can view digital sheet music, interact with backing rhythms, and access various features not available from the panel. The RP102 is an exceptional piano value, at the ready to bring musical enjoyment for years to come.
The RP102 is equipped to inspire music making the instant you get it set up at home. There are over 200 ready-to-play songs at hand, including traditional music, classical masterpieces by Mozart and Beethoven, and famous piano etudes from Hanon and Czerny. There’s also a convenient onboard metronome with variable time signatures, providing an essential tool to develop your sense of timing. If inspiration strikes at midnight, you can plug in headphones and lose yourself in rich, beautiful sound without disturbing family members and neighbors. And when you want to play side by side with a teacher or friend, you can activate Twin Piano mode and split the keyboard into two 44-note pianos, each with their own middle C.
Roland’s free Piano Partner 2 App for iOS and Android mobile devices is the perfect companion for the RP102. Via a wireless Bluetooth connection, it shows digital notation for the piano’s internal songs on your device’s display, and pages even turn automatically as a song plays. You can practice each hand individually by muting the left- or right-hand part, and freely adjust the tempo as needed. The app also provides access to backing rhythms and flash card games that help you build skills with intelligent accompaniment and engaging music exercises.
With its straightforward interface, the RP102 lets you enjoy great piano sound with zero hassle—just press the power button, adjust the volume, and start playing. And if you want to dive into the piano’s deeper features, simply call up Piano Partner 2 App on your favorite mobile device. From the app, you can choose from a variety of piano and non-piano sounds, and even layer any two sounds together. In addition, you can browse the piano’s onboard song library, select songs, and adjust the tempo numerically.
Offering piano sound and touch derived from Roland’s premium digital pianos, the RP102 will continue to inspire as your playing grows and evolves. Our SuperNATURAL technology delivers the rich, expressive tone you’d expect from an acoustic grand piano, while dynamic built-in speakers fill the room with immersive sound. The PHA-4 Standard keyboard inherits the progressive hammer action and Ivory Feel texture of keyboards found in our high-end pianos, and includes advanced sensing technology to take full advantage of SuperNATURAL Piano’s enormous tonal range. This highly responsive keyboard follows every nuance of your developing touch, encouraging deeper levels of expression as your technique improves. The piano’s three pedals are made of metal for an authentic feel, and also support half-pedal control. This technique is required to play more advanced piano pieces, and is not possible on typical entry-level instruments that employ less sophisticated pedal switches.
Acoustic pianos are heavy, costly to maintain, and take up a lot of space. With its modern digital approach, the RP102 is the solution to all these problems and more. It weighs just 84.3 lbs./37.8 kg and is easily moved by two adults, while the space-saving cabinet is about the same width as a 60-inch TV on a stand. What’s more, the advanced digital sound engine never needs tuning, saving you time and money. If you already own an acoustic piano, the RP102 is a great second instrument to place in a spare room for night practice. It’s also perfect for use in lesson studios and school practice rooms, making the RP102 an excellent choice for music educators as well.
- Quality piano performance and onboard practice features in an affordable, space-saving instrument
- Ideal as a first piano for the home, and also a great fit for lesson studios, practice rooms, and other music education settings
- Class-leading Bluetooth connectivity for wireless communication with music apps on smartphones and tablets
- Exclusive Roland Piano Partner 2 app provides easy access to advanced piano controls and numerous features for education, entertainment, and performance
- SuperNATURAL Piano technology delivers the authentic tone and response of an acoustic grand piano
- PHA-4 Standard keyboard with refined sensing technology for highly expressive playabilityThree pedal controls with metal construction for real acoustic piano feel
- Over 200 onboard songs include traditional music, famous classical pieces, and essential practice etudes
- Modern digital design eliminates the need for regular tuning and other costly maintenance
- Handsome black cabinet offers a traditional look in a compact footprint
- Keyboard 88 keys (PHA-4 Standard Keyboard: with Escapement and Ivory Feel)
- Touch Sensitivity Key Touch: 5 types, fixed touch
- Keyboard Mode
- - Whole
- - Dual
- - Twin Piano
- - Damper (Pedal switch, capable of halfpedal detection)
- - Soft (Pedal switch)
- - Sostenuto (Pedal switch)
- SOUND GENERATOR
- Piano Sound SuperNATURAL Piano Sound
- Max. Polyphony 128 voices
- - Piano: 4 tones
- - Other: 11 tones
- Stretched Tuning 1 type (Always On)
- Master Tuning 415.3–466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Key Transpose: -6–+5 (in semitones)
- - Ambience (Off, 10 levels)
- - Brilliance (21 levels)
- Only for Piano Tones:
- - Damper Resonance
- - String Resonance
- - Key Off Resonance
- Tempo Quarter note = 10–500 (When rhythm function turns on: Quarter note = 20–250)
- Beat 2/2, 0/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
- Volume 100 levels
- INTERNAL MEMORY
- Internal Songs
- - Listening: 9 songs
- - Piano Masterpieces: 40 songs
- - Easy Piano: 8 songs
- - Czerny: 100 songs
- - Hanon: 20 songs
- - Scale: 36 songs
- - MIDI, Turning music sheet
- - Bluetooth Ver 4.0
- Keyboard Lid Slide type
- Other Functions - Auto Off
- - DC In jack
- - USB COMPUTER port: USB Type B
- - Update port: USB Type A
- - Phones jacks (usable as output jack) x 2: Stereo miniature phone type, Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - Owner’s manual
- - Leaflet "Stand Assembly"
- - AC Adaptor
- - Power Cord (for AC Adaptor)
- - Music rest
- Options (sold separately)
- - Headphones
- RATED POWER OUTPUT
- Rated Power Output 6 W x 2
- Volume Level (SPL) 99 dB (This value was measured according to the method that is based on Roland’s technical standard.)
- Speakers 12 cm (4-3/4 inches) x 2
- POWER SUPPLY
- Power Supply AC adaptor
- Power Consumption 4 W (3–10 W)
- - 4 W: Average power consumption while piano is played with volume at center position
- - 3 W: Power consumption immediately after power-up; nothing being played
- - 10 W: Rated power consumption
- SIZE (INCLUDING PIANO STAND, WITH MUSIC REST)
- - Width 1,379 mm, 54-5/16 inches
- - Depth 413 mm, 16-5/16 inches
- - Height 977 mm, 38-1/2 inches
- SIZE (INCLUDING PIANO STAND, WITHOUT MUSIC REST)
- - Width 1,379 mm, 54-5/16 inches
- - Depth 423 mm, 16-11/16 inches
- - Height 817 mm, 32-3/16 inches
- WEIGHT (INCLUDING PIANO STAND)
- - Weight 37.8 kg, 83 lbs 6 oz
- * Actual weight can vary slightly from that indicated due to the fact that wooden parts are involved.
Love, love, love it!
Exactly what it says, we love it
We spend a long time to find the right electric piano for my son. The Roland was the best price performance ratio out of all the piano we tried.