Roland SPD One Kick Pad
The Roland SPD ONE KICK is a new type of digital percussion pad, one that allows any musician to add genuine kick drum and percussion sounds to their performances. It contains 22 realistic percussion sounds, including kick drums, stomp box, shakers, cowbells, and more, and you can even import your own original audio data into one of the 12 internal sound banks.
Once you’re ready to go, the SPD::ONE KICK’s robust-yet-sensitive pad can be played with sticks, hands, or feet, and trigger threshold settings are easily adjusted with intuitive controls. Powered by batteries or AC, the portable SPD::ONE KICK can be used on the floor or a tabletop, or mounted to any rig or drum setup with the included adapter. Operation is simple, even for those musicians who are not technical; just by using four knobs on the control panel, you can change the sound, volume, balance, and more. Whether you’re a drummer, percussion player, guitarist, DJ, or vocalist, the SPD::ONE KICK is a simple and exible way to expand your sound palette and invigorate your performances.
- Light, compact digital percussion pad that can be played with drumsticks, hands, or feet
- 22 onboard sounds, including genuine kick drum and percussion sounds
- Import your own WAV data via USB to one of the 12 sound banks
- Edit and control your sounds easily with just four knobs
- Powered by batteries (4 x AA) or AC adapter
- Main output (mono) and headphones output (stereo) for monitoring
- USB-MIDI enables use as a pad controller for music software
- Can be floor or tabletop mounted, or fitted to drum hardware and mic stands using the included mounting adapter
- Instruments: 22
- User Sample: Number of User Sample: 1 Sound Length: 5 seconds Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 1 6bits, Mono/Stereo)
- Controls: INST knob [TUNING] knob [FX] knob [VOLUME] knob [INST VARIATION] button [THRES] knob [SENS] knob [POWER] switch
- Effects: SPD-1E, SPD-1P: Reverb, Delay SPD-1K: Reverb, Distortion
- Indicator: TRIG Indicator
- Connectors: OUTPUT (MONO) jack: 1/4-inch phone type PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type USB port: Micro-B type DC IN jack
- USB: MIDI Mass Storage Class
- Power Supply Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4 Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4 AC adaptor (DC9V)
- Current Draw: 300 mA (DC IN)
- *Expected battery life under continuous use Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6): Normal use: Approx. 7 hours Maximum load use: Approx. 4 hours Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): Normal use: Approx. 6 hours Maximum load use: Approx. 3 hours *These can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- Dimensions: (excluding attachment) 140 (W) x 160 (D) x 56 (H) mm 5-9/16 (W) x 6-5/16 (D) x 2-1/4 (H) inches
- Weight: (including batteries, excluding attachment) 900 g 2 lb
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Attachment screws x 2
- Holder mounting screws (bolt x 1, nut x 1, washers x 2)
- *Acceptable rod diameters: 8.0-12.7 mm (3/8-1/2 inches)
- Alkaline batteries (AA, LR6) x 4
- Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor: PSA-S series
- Personal drum monitor: PM-10
- Headphones: RH-300V
I used this for a gig the first day I got it. When I used it you could see the audience tapping their feet a banging the tables, it added a new dimension to the set (not that folks don’t tap their feet normally) it’s simple to use and very versatile.
Excellent product. Does anything it says on the tin and more!
Bought this after trying a friends, lots to play with.