Roland SPD-SX Special Edition Sampling Pad
Roland SPD-SX Special Edition Sampling Pad Product Overview by GAK
Ableton Live Lite included
The SPD-SX sampling pad from Roland brings sample creation and playback right into your grasp. With expressive playability and three multi-effects engines it's the perfect addition to your kit, DJ set up or live rig.
The sampling pad comes equipped with nine ultra sensitive rubber pads, two real-time control knobs as well as four effects buttons.
The large backlit LCD makes it easy to navigate through the different menus and drums. With an internal memory (2 GB) lets you store and carry your entire sample library inside which lets you store approximately 360 minutes of audio (10,000 files.)
It's built-in USB ports let you directly import audio files from USB flash memory. The bundled SPD-SX Wave Manager software app lets you import audio files directly from computer via USB.
Roland’s SPD-SX Sampling Pad is the professional touring standard for triggering custom samples, loops, and even complete backing tracks. It also supports real-time sample capture with its exclusive Multi-Pad Sampling function. The SPD-SX Special Edition is identical in functionality to the original SPD-SX, but features greatly expanded onboard storage. With 16 GB of internal memory available, it’s now possible to load enough studio-quality WAV samples to last an entire gig and beyond.
The SPD-SX Special Edition is also ready to support every serious musician’s workflow, from WAV sound production to setting up the samples and assigning instruments for performing, thanks to the bundled Ableton Live Lite license and Wave Manager software. And with its striking Sparkling Red finish, this powerful instrument has a bold, distinctive look that sets it apart from other gear on stage. Offering enhanced capabilities and a standout appearance, the SPD-SX Special Edition is the perfect solution for pro players who need a sampling pad that can handle all the sounds they need for every stage and studio situation.
Ableton Live Lite included
Ableton’s Live software is the go-to choice for musicians who demand control of their own music production. The SPD-SX Special Edition includes a license for Ableton Live Lite, giving you the power to produce your own original samples and even use the SPD-SX Special Edition as a pad controller for Ableton. You can also stream audio from Ableton Live Lite through the pad and tweak the sound with the onboard master effects on the SPD-SX Special Edition. A single USB cable is required for connecting to your computer.
- 16 GB internal memory supports up to 50 hours of mono sample storage, eliminating the need to carry additional external memory
- Ableton Live Lite license included for sophisticated sample creation
- Sparkling Red finish for a distinctive look on the stage
- Nine easy-to-play, velocity-sensitive rubber pads with LED illumination for dark stages
- Multi-Pad Sampling allows you to sample directly into the SPD-SX—simply choose a pad, and then strike it to start sampling
- Three onboard multi-effects processors (master effect and two kit effects) for powerful real-time sound processing while performing
- Easily import, assign, and organise samples by connecting to your computer via USB and using the included Wave Manager software
- - Built-in Pads: 9 (with LED Indicators)
- * Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads.
- Maximum Polyphony
- - 20 voices
- * Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state.
- Number of Recordable Wave Data
- - 10,000
- * Including preload wave data.
- Sampling Time (Total time for all wave data)
- - Approx. 25 hour in stereo (50 hour in mono)
- * Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX Special Edition contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
- Data Format
- - 16-bit linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)
- Sampling Frequency
- - 44.1 kHz
- - 100
- Kit Chain
- - 8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- - Master Effects (21 Types)
- - Equalizer
- - Kit Effect 1 (20 Types)
- - Kit Effect 2 (20 Types)
- - Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- - PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- - MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- - SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- - AUDIO IN jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type) (with LINE-MIC GAIN control)
- - TRIG IN jacks (1/2, 3/4) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- - FOOT SW jack (1/2) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- - MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- - DC IN jack
- - COMPUTER connector
- - USB MEMORY connector
- - Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- Power Supply
- - DC 9 V (AC Adaptor) PSB-1U
- Current Draw
- - 600 mA
- - Ableton Live Lite Serial Number Card
- - CD-ROM (SPD-SX Wave Manager, USB driver, preload wave data)
- - Owner's Manual
- - AC Adaptor
- Options (sold separately)
- - Pads (PD series, PDX series)
- - Cymbals (CY series)
- - Kick Triggers (KD series)
- - Pad Stand (PDS-10)
- - All-Purpose Clamp (APC-33)
- - Acoustic Drum Trigger (RT-30H, RT-30HR, RT-30K)
- - Pedal Switch (DP-2)
- - Footswitch (BOSS FS-5U, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7)
- - Personal Drum Monitor (PM-100, PM-200)
- - Y cable (PCS-31L)
- - USB Flash Memory
- * Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width 364 mm, 14-3/8 inches
- - Depth 331 mm, 13-1/16 inches
- - Height 94 mm, 3-3/4 inches
- - Weight 2.5 kg, 5 lbs. 9 oz.
- *0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.