Roland SPD-SX Special Edition Sampling Pad
Roland SPD-SX Special Edition Sampling Pad
"The Roland SPD-SX has become an essential weapon in a modern drummer's arsenal. It's the industry standard sample pad used by the biggest names in drums. You can use it to run backing tracks whilst monitoring the click track, load in your own sounds to perform live, trigger external sounds via MIDI, assign effects live and expand the setup with external Roland Triggers. As the sample pad has had such a wide range of use, the support and information available far outweigh the competition. The Special Edition goes even further. You have a whopping 16GB of memory, Ableton Live Lite and it stands out on stage with its beautiful Red Sparkly finish! The SPD-SX Special Edition comes with a 2-year warranty when registered on the Roland website."
Overview By GAK
The Roland SPD-SX Special Edition is the industry standard Sample Pad for all pro musicians. It has become the most recognised electronic tool to trigger live samples, backing tracks and controlling external software on the market. it is renowned for its reliability, durability and ease of use.
The SPD-SX is equipped with nine ultra-sensitive rubber pads, two real-time control knobs as well as four effects buttons. You can connect two dual or four single triggers to expand your kit, plus is compatible with nearly all Roland Triggers.
The large backlit LCD makes it easy to navigate through the different menus and samples. Use this screen to view the waveforms of the samples you are creating, editing or manipulating in real-time. You can also create Set Lists and Kit Chains, which all have patch-remain so that all your live performances run smoothly without dropouts. This is controllable by an external footswitch, giving you a hands-free operation. We suggest the Boss FS-6.
With an internal memory of 16 GB, you can store approximately 25 hours in stereo (50 hours in mono) or 10,000 files. The included SPD-SX Wave Manager software app lets you import audio files directly from the computer via USB. You can also store numerous different backup versions, so you can quickly swap in/out the samples you need for your different uses. You can do exactly the with just a USB Flash Drive too.
The SPD-SX can seamlessly integrate into your studio setup as it has its own built-in USB Audio/MIDI interface, meaning you can record, sample or trigger software sounds. There's even an Audio Input, allowing to sample directly onto the unit without a computer. The Special Edition also gives you a free copy of Ableton Live Lite.
Make sure you have everything you need to get the most out of your SPD-SX by checking out the Roland Hybrid Setup Bundle.
For users that need to trigger fewer files and a smaller footprint, check out the SPD::One Wav Pad.
- 16 GB internal memory supports up to 50 hours of mono sample storage, eliminating the need to carry additional external memory
- Ableton Live Lite license included for sophisticated sample creation
- Sparkling Red finish for a distinctive look on the stage
- Nine easy-to-play, velocity-sensitive rubber pads with LED illumination for dark stages
- Multi-Pad Sampling allows you to sample directly into the SPD-SX—simply choose a pad, and then strike it to start sampling
- Three onboard multi-effects processors (master effect and two kit effects) for powerful real-time sound processing while performing
- Easily import, assign, and organise samples by connecting to your computer via USB and using the included Wave Manager software
- - Built-in Pads: 9 (with LED Indicators)
- * Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads.
- Maximum Polyphony
- - 20 voices
- * Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state.
- Number of Recordable Wave Data
- - 10,000
- * Including preload wave data.
- Sampling Time (Total time for all wave data)
- - Approx. 25 hour in stereo (50 hour in mono)
- * Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX Special Edition contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
- Data Format
- - 16-bit linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)
- Sampling Frequency
- - 44.1 kHz
- - 100
- Kit Chain
- - 8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- - Master Effects (21 Types)
- - Equalizer
- - Kit Effect 1 (20 Types)
- - Kit Effect 2 (20 Types)
- - Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- - PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- - MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- - SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- - AUDIO IN jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type) (with LINE-MIC GAIN control)
- - TRIG IN jacks (1/2, 3/4) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- - FOOT SW jack (1/2) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- - MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- - DC IN jack
- - COMPUTER connector
- - USB MEMORY connector
- - Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- Power Supply
- - DC 9 V (AC Adaptor) PSB-1U
- Current Draw
- - 600 mA
- - Ableton Live Lite Serial Number Card
- - CD-ROM (SPD-SX Wave Manager, USB driver, preload wave data)
- - Owner's Manual
- - AC Adaptor
- Options (sold separately)
- - Pads (PD series, PDX series)
- - Cymbals (CY series)
- - Kick Triggers (KD series)
- - Pad Stand (PDS-10)
- - All-Purpose Clamp (APC-33)
- - Acoustic Drum Trigger (RT-30H, RT-30HR, RT-30K)
- - Pedal Switch (DP-2)
- - Footswitch (BOSS FS-5U, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7)
- - Personal Drum Monitor (PM-100, PM-200)
- - Y cable (PCS-31L)
- - USB Flash Memory
- * Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width 364 mm, 14-3/8 inches
- - Depth 331 mm, 13-1/16 inches
- - Height 94 mm, 3-3/4 inches
- - Weight 2.5 kg, 5 lbs. 9 oz.
- *0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
Great quality products from a great company GAK.