Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad (B-Stock)
Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad (B-Stock)
Ex-display item in good condition with all accessories. Re-boxed in non-original packaging.
Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad
"The Roland SPD-SX has become an essential weapon in a modern drummer's arsenal. It's the industry standard sample pad used by the biggest names in drums. You can use it to run backing tracks whilst monitoring the click track, load in your own sounds to perform live, trigger external sounds via MIDI, assign effects live and expand the setup with external Roland Triggers. As the sample pad has had such a wide range of use, the support and information available far outweighs the competition. For 4x the memory and a free version of Ableton Live Lite, checkout the SPD-SX Special Edition. It comes with a 3 year warranty, and lifetime tech support with myself." GAK's Roland Product Specialist, James Purvis.
Overview By GAK
The Roland SPD-SX is the industry standard Sample Pad for all pro musicians. It has become the most recognised electronic tool to trigger live samples, backing tracks and controling external software on the market. it is renowned for its reliabilty, durability and ease of use.
The SPD-SX is equipped with nine ultra sensitive rubber pads, two real-time control knobs as well as four effects buttons. You can connect two dual or four single triggers to expand your kit, plus is compatibable with nearly all Roland Triggers.
The large backlit LCD makes it easy to navigate through the different menus and samples. Use this screen to view the waveforms of the samples you are creating, editing or manipulating in real time. You can also create Set Lists and Kit Chains, which all have patch remain, so that all your live performances run smoothly without drop outs. This is controllable by an external footwitch, giving you hands free operation. We suggest the Boss FS-6.
With an internal memory of 4 GB, you can store approximently 360 minutes in stereo (720 minute mono) or 10,000 files. The included SPD-SX Wave Manager software app lets you import audio files directly from computer via USB. You can also store numerous different backup versions, so you can quickly swap in/out the samples you need for your different uses. You can do exactly the with just a USB Flash Drive too.
The SPD-SX can seemlessly integrate into your studio setup as it has it's own built in USB Audio/MIDI interface, meaning you can record, sample or trigger software sounds. There's even an Audio Input, allowing to sample direct onto the unit without a computer.
Make sure you have everything you need to get the most out of your SPD-SX by checking out the Roland Hybrid Setup Bundle.
For 4x the memory, a free version of Ableton Live Lite and a more striking stage prescence, check out the SPD-SX Special Edition.
Users that need to trigger less files and a smaller footprint, checkout the SPD::One Wav Pad.
Roland Product Overview
The Playing FieldThe SPD-SX is equipped with nine highly sensitive rubber pads with two independent real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons. Roland’s most advanced triggering technology ensures the ultimate in accuracy and fully dynamic performance, while a large backlit LCD provides easy-to-read data in all varieties of environments. Each pad has a companion LED that illuminates to show the pad’s status. When you trigger sample phrases, the LEDs remain lit to show you which pads are in play and which are not. In addition, the LEDs change illumination strength according to audio-level activity (similar to level meters on a mixing board). The high-contrast red divider lines help you see the pad zones clearly onstage.
Improved Playability and Functionality
Today, increasing numbers of drummers and percussionists need to incorporate audio samples into their performance. The SPD-SX will satisfy their increasing requirements with essential features such as individual click output routing, dedicated volume controls, Pad Check function, individual Sub Out, and more.
The SPD-SX has three multi-effects units onboard: one master unit and two units that are assignable per kit. The master effects engine lets you perform in real time like a DJ using the dedicated front-panel controls. Get your hands on the filter, delay, short looper, and user-assignable effect — all of which can be creatively adjusted with the four front-panel buttons and two control knobs.
There’s much more to the SPD-SX than meets the eye. A powerful-yet-friendly lineup of features has been built into this little powerhouse, such as Multi-Pad Sampling. While audio streams in from an external audio player or computer (via Audio In or USB), simply strike each pad at the appropriate start/end points, and the sample will be automatically truncated and assigned to that pad. It’s a fast, friendly way to create multi-sampled phrases and pad maps.
SPD-SX Wave Manager Software Included
The SPD-SX’s generous internal memory (4 GB) lets you store and carry your entire sample library inside. With no external memory required, you can house approximately 720 minutes of audio (10,000 files) at 16-bit, 44.1 kHz, mono. The built-in USB ports let you directly import audio files from USB flash memory. The bundled SPD-SX Wave Manager software app lets you import audio files directly from computer via USB, assign the samples to each pad, and organize the thousands of samples efficiently.
- Unique sampling-pad concept - the only instrument of its kind in the world
- 4 GB internal memory, enabling approximately 360 minutes of sampling (mono) without requiring external memory
- Nine velocity-sensitive rubber pads, two external dual-trigger inputs
- Easy capturing and assignment of audio data through Multi-Pad Sampling
- Three units of multi-effects onboard, with two real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons
- Individual Pad Dynamics indicators show pad status and audio-level activity during performance
- Expanded USB functionality (USB Mass Storage, USB MIDI/AUDIO, USB Memory)
- Wave Manager software included for easily importing, assigning, and organizing samples
- Large backlit LCD
- - Built-in Pads: 9 (with LED Indicators)
- * Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads.
- Maximum Polyphony
- - 20 voices
- * Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state.
- Number of Recordable Wave Data
- - 10,000
- * Including preload wave data.
- Sampling Time (Total time for all wave data)
- - Approx. 360 min. in stereo (720 min. in mono)
- * Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
- Data Format
- - 16-bit linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)
- Sampling Frequency
- - 44.1 kHz
- - 100
- Kit Chain
- - 8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- - Master Effects (21 Types)
- - Equalizer
- - Kit Effect 1 (20 Types)
- - Kit Effect 2 (20 Types)
- - Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- - PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- - MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- - SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- - AUDIO IN jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type) (with LINE-MIC GAIN control)
- - TRIG IN jacks (1/2, 3/4) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- - FOOT SW jack (1/2) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- - MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- - DC IN jack
- - COMPUTER connector
- - USB MEMORY connector
- - Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- Power Supply
- - DC 9 V (AC Adaptor) PSB-1U
- Current Draw
- - 600 mA
- - CD-ROM (SPD-SX Wave Manager, USB driver, preload wave data)
- - Owner's Manual
- - AC Adaptor
- Options (sold separately)
- - Pads (PD series, PDX series)
- - Cymbals (CY series)
- - Kick Triggers (KD series)
- - Pad Stand (PDS-10)
- - All-Purpose Clamp (APC-33)
- - Acoustic Drum Trigger (RT-30H, RT-30HR, RT-30K)
- - Pedal Switch (DP-2)
- - Footswitch (BOSS FS-5U, BOSS FS-6)
- - Personal Drum Monitor (PM-10, PM-30)
- - USB Flash Memory
- * Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width 364 mm, 14-3/8 inches
- - Depth 331 mm, 13-1/16 inches
- - Height 94 mm, 3-3/4 inches
- - Weight 2.5 kg, 5 lbs. 9 oz.
- *0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.