Roland TD-50KV V-Drums Kit
Roland TD-50KV Pro V-Drums Kit overview by GAK
Please note Hi Hat Stand Snare stand and Bass drum pedal are not included, please see our bundle options
Marking 20 years of V-drum production, Roland releases their most ambitious, technologically advanced V-drum kit to date, the TD-50KV.
Roland's flagship V-drum model features the top of the range TD-50 drum brain with Prismatic Sound modelling and an all-new collection of onboard sounds. The TD-50KV features zero drum kit samples from previous Roland models, 400 new instruments comprise the new bank. These sounds, sourced from the best studios in the world, spread across 70% acoustic and 30% electronic kits.
The TD-50KV comes equipped with the brand new PD-140DS Digital Snare, Rolands newly developed snare pad boasting a high-resolution, multi-sensor pick up
The TD-50KV also features the CY-18DR Digital Ride, Rolands largest and most impressive digital cymbal ever created. At a staggering 18 inches, this cymbal feels like the centrepiece of the kit as soon as you take it out the box. Featuring unparalleled dynamics and positioning technology, the CY-18DR is a highly expressive digital cymbal, high-resolution sensors support a large number of techniques such as bow shots, bell shots, edge shots and muting. Mute your strikes either by gripping the cymbal edge or placing a hand or even finger on any top surface.
Also included with the TD-50KV is a PD-108-BC v-pad for Tom 1 and dual PD-128-BC v-pads for side by side floor toms. The VH-11 11 inch hi-hat pads which fit universally onto any hi-hat plus two additional v-cymbals, the CY-12C crash and CY-13R crash/ride.
The TD-50KV's new sound module contains a multitude of onboard kits to accommodate your style of play or the requirements of those around you. Additionally, take advantage of the modules advanced sound customisation to create your own setup. Customisations including head and shell adjustment, sample layering, adjustment of mic placement/ambience and more.
Upload your own WAV files to the TD-50KV module to take your kit customisation to the next level, trigger, loop and layer your own personal sounds alongside the modules internal instruments and get playing. Once you're happy with your setup, connect the TD-50KV to your computer via USB to record up to 10 separate channels direct to your favourite DAW, or rig the kit up for a live performance with ease, thanks to the TD-50KV's XLR stereo master out and eight TRS direct outs for connection to a PA.
The TD-50KV is without question one of the most advanced digital drum systems in the world, boasting an assemblage of advanced technology and deep customisation tools that allow you to take your practice and live performances even further.
- - Flagship electronic kit with ultimate expression
- - TD-50 module with Prismatic Sound Modeling and all-new onboard sounds
- - Newly developed 14-inch PD-140DS Digital Snare with a high-resolution multi-sensor system for unparalleled dynamics and accurate positional detection
- - New 18-inch CY-18DR Digital Ride provides accurate positional sensing and improved dynamics using an innovative multi-sensor system
- - Additional cymbal pads include VH-13 V-Hi-Hat, CY-14C crash, and CY-15R crash/ride
- - One PD-108-BC rack tom pad and two PD-128-BC floor tom pads
- - KD-140-BC 14-inch V-Kick for stable performance and accurate triggering with a natural feel
- - Convert your acoustic bass drum to an electronic kick pad with the optional KD-A22 Kick Drum Converter
- - Play your own WAV samples via SD card
- - USB 10-channel audio out for multi-track recording through a single USB cable
- - Stereo XLR master output and eight TRS direct outs provide balanced connections to a PA
- - Metronome with Quiet Count plus audio recording/playback functions for practice
- - Large MDS-50KV drum stand
- Customize Your Sound for Live Sessions and Studio Work
- A variety of musical scenarios are no problem with the TD-50, which offers a choice of onboard kits to suit every session. This advanced module also supports deep sound customization, including basic adjustment of heads and shells, layering of internal and user samples, and adjustment of overhead mics and ambience. For tailored performance, a compressor and three-band EQ can be controlled for each pad individually, while three independent multi-effect sections let you treat specific drums with 30 effect types such as delay, flanger, saturator, and many others. The two-band multi-compressor and four-band equalizer on the output let you change the overall dynamics and tonal balance, depending on whether you’re in the studio or onstage. The new Snapshot feature is a fast way to assess and compare any edits to your sounds before making permanent changes.
- Play Genuine Snare Techniques with the New 14-inch PD-140DS
- Working alongside the TD-50 sound module is the PD-140DS Digital Snare, which brings a new level of expression to your snare work. A brand-new, three-layer mesh head is fitted to a standard size 14-inch shell for natural rebound and feel, and is instantly familiar to play. But now, thanks to Roland’s newly developed multi-element sensor system, your hits across every area of the pad are more closely detected, and your playing dynamics captured in minute detail. Rim shots and cross sticks are automatically detected as the pad senses your hand and adjusts accordingly, producing a sound that is natural, detailed, and bursting with character.
- Express Yourself with Larger Cymbals, Including the New CY-18DR Ride
- Cymbal choice is a serious business, and the new TD-50KV includes some of the best. This new electronic kit features larger crash cymbals (CY-14C and CY-15R) than its TD-50K sister kit, and expressive players will also benefit from the new CY-18DR Digital Ride. With its regular 18-inch size and familiar motion during performance, this new digital cymbal fits seamlessly into your kit. Meanwhile, the high-resolution multi-sensor system within the cymbal pad continuously detects every stroke from edge to bell, working alongside the TD-50 module for dynamics and response that have never before been heard from a cymbal pad. Put the CY-18DR through its paces with techniques from cymbal legato to soft bell strokes and hear the detail for yourself. You can even mute the bow with a finger touch!
- Add the Optional KD-A22 Kick Drum Converter for Feel and Presence
- There’s no denying the satisfying feel and onstage presence of an old-school acoustic bass drum. If you love the feel of your acoustic kick, it’s easy to incorporate it into your new TD-50KV setup using the optional KD-A22 converter package. Once fitted to your regular 22-inch bass drum, you’ll get incredible feel with Roland’s innovative air-damper mechanics working alongside the acoustic shell, plus visuals that make a statement on any stage. The KD-A22 package includes a front head and a batter head with a kick-pad sensor unit, plus metal hoop and shock-absorber cushions to retrofit your acoustic drum by exchanging its head and hoop.*
- VH-13 V-Hi-Hat with Advanced Motion Sensor for Natural Hi-Hat Response
- The VH-13 hi-hat offers a two-piece structure with top and bottom cymbal pads for a natural playing feel. It also features advanced motion sensor and triggering technologies for authentic response, with smooth open-to-closed control. Just like an acoustic hi-hat, you can alter the closed tone by pressing harder on the pedal, and play foot splashes as well.
- Play with Your Own WAV Files and Record Easily to a DAW
- As a creative drummer, you’ll love the TD-50KV’s open-ended connectivity, which lets inspiration flow in both directions. Using the module’s SD card slot, it’s easy to trigger your own WAV files using any of the TD-50KV’s drum pads. You can loop or layer WAV sounds alongside the internal sounds while controlling volume and tone via the TD-50’s front panel. When you write a great groove, simply connect the TD-50 module to a computer via USB for multi-track recording direct to your favorite DAW. Up to 10 channels can be recorded separately, then easily edited for tone color and more. There’s even a choice of audio sampling formats: 48 kHz, 96 kHz, and the standard 44.1kHz.
- Hit the Stage Faster with Balanced Connections to a PA
- If you play live every night, the TD-50KV will help avoid the time and effort of a lengthy setup. The TD-50 is the first V-Drums module to feature an XLR stereo master out and eight TRS direct outs, allowing for a balanced connection to a PA system. Assigning the pad to any of the individual outputs is simple, while convenient master/headphones volume controls and group faders balance the output level for each pad instantly. You can also assign the volume to control headphones only, letting you adjust the monitor level without affecting the PA signal.
- Practice Features to Develop Your Technique
- The TD-50KV is the choice for serious drummers, but there’s always room for improvement. This new kit doesn’t just let your drum technique shine, it actively improves it too, offering onboard features that help you get the best from practice sessions. Whether you lock down your timing with the Quiet Count function or play along to backing tracks via the SD card slot, it’s easy to get inspired, even when you’re practicing alone.
- Flexible Kit Configurations for Live, Recording, and Home Applications
- The TD-50KV kit comes with the KD-140-BC Kick Trigger Pad giving great feel with a compact footprint, especially suitable for studio recording and home use. If you want the ultimate drumming experience, presence on the stage, and more, pairing the TD-50KV with the optional KD-A22 mounted on your 22-inch acoustic kick shell is the perfect choice. And if you play in home and live situations where space is an issue, you should check out the TD-50K set. In comparison with the TD-50KV, it comes with slightly smaller tom, hi-hat, and crash cymbal pads, as well as the smaller MDS-50K stand and compact KD-120-BC Kick Trigger Pad.
- Roland TD-50KV: Roland Drum System
- -Kit configuration
- Drum sound module: TD-50 x 1
- V-Pad DIGITAL Snare: PD-140DS x 1
- V-Pad (Tom 1): PD-108-BC x 1
- V-Pad (Tom 3, Tom 4): PD-128-BC x 2
- V-Hi-Hat: VH-13 x 1
- V-Cymbal Crash: CY-14C x 1
- V-Cymbal Ride (Crash): CY-15R x 1
- V-Cymbal DIGITAL Ride: CY-18DR x 1
- Kick Drum Converter: KD-A22 x 1 (recommended, sold separately, 22-inch kick drum shell is not included)
- V-Kick: KD-140-BC x 1
- Drum Stand: MDS-50KV / MDS-STAGE
- * You can choose either KD-A22 or KD-140 for the kick pad.
- -Extra trigger input jack
- 5 (TOM 2, AUX 1--AUX 4)
- 1,650 (W) x 1,600 (D) x 1,250 (H) mm
- 65 (W) x 63 (D) x 49-1/4 (H) inches
- (with using KD-A22 and MDS-50KV, including 22-inch kick drum shell (depth 16-inch), sound module, cymbals, and drum throne)
- 1,650 (W) x 1,450 (D) x 1,250 (H) mm
- 65 (W) x 57-1/8 (D) x 49-1/4 (H) inches
- (with using KD-140 and MDS-50KV, including sound module, cymbals, and drum throne)
- 48 kg / 105 lbs 14 oz (including KD-A22 and MDS-50KV, not including 22-inch kick drum shell)
- 55 kg / 121 lbs 5 oz (including KD-140 and MDS-50KV)
- - Please Note:
- 22-inch kick drum shell for KD-A22, Kick pad, Drum stand, Kick pedal, snare stand, hi-hat stand, and drum throne are not included.
- Includes Drum Stand: MDS-50KV
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.