Roland TD-50KVX Flagship V-Drums Kit
Roland TD-50KVX V-Drums Kit overview by GAK
The KD-220 is also included in the new flagship TD-50KVX V-Drums kit
The 22-inch KD-220 features a high-quality maple shell, while the 18-inch KD-180 features a high-quality birch shell. Both models come with custom chrome hardware, and offer compatibility with double-kick pedals. Roland’s innovative air-damper mechanics work alongside the acoustic shell to “move air” and provide resistance as the beater hits the head, delivering stable and accurate triggering with real acoustic feel.
Marking 20 years of V-drum production, Roland releases their most ambitious, technologically advanced V-drum kit to date, the TD-50KV.
Roland's flagship V-drum model features the top of the range TD-50 drum brain with Prismatic Sound modelling and an all-new collection of onboard sounds. The TD-50KV features zero drum kit samples from previous Roland models, 400 new instruments comprise the new bank. These sounds, sourced from the best studios in the world, spread across 70% acoustic and 30% electronic kits.
The TD-50KV comes equipped with the brand new PD-140DS Digital Snare, Rolands newly developed snare pad boasting a high-resolution, multi-sensor pick up
The TD-50KV also features the CY-18DR Digital Ride, Rolands largest and most impressive digital cymbal ever created. At a staggering 18 inches, this cymbal feels like the centrepiece of the kit as soon as you take it out the box. Featuring unparalleled dynamics and positioning technology, the CY-18DR is a highly expressive digital cymbal, high-resolution sensors support a large number of techniques such as bow shots, bell shots, edge shots and muting. Mute your strikes either by gripping the cymbal edge or placing a hand or even finger on any top surface.
Also included with the TD-50KV is a PD-108-BC v-pad for Tom 1 and dual PD-128-BC v-pads for side by side floor toms. The VH-11 11 inch hi-hat pads which fit universally onto any hi-hat plus two additional v-cymbals, the CY-12C crash and CY-13R crash/ride.
The TD-50KV's new sound module contains a multitude of onboard kits to accommodate your style of play or the requirements of those around you. Additionally, take advantage of the modules advanced sound customisation to create your own setup. Customisations including head and shell adjustment, sample layering, adjustment of mic placement/ambience and more.
Upload your own WAV files to the TD-50KV module to take your kit customisation to the next level, trigger, loop and layer your own personal sounds alongside the modules internal instruments and get playing. Once you're happy with your setup, connect the TD-50KV to your computer via USB to record up to 10 separate channels direct to your favourite DAW, or rig the kit up for a live performance with ease, thanks to the TD-50KV's XLR stereo master out and eight TRS direct outs for connection to a PA.
The TD-50KV is without question one of the most advanced digital drum systems in the world, boasting an assemblage of advanced technology and deep customisation tools that allow you to take your practice and live performances even further.
- - Flagship electronic kit with ultimate expression
- - TD-50 module with Prismatic Sound Modeling and all-new onboard sounds
- - Newly developed 14-inch PD-140DS Digital Snare with a high-resolution multi-sensor system for unparalleled dynamics and accurate positional detection
- - New 18-inch CY-18DR Digital Ride provides accurate positional sensing and improved dynamics using an innovative multi-sensor system
- - Additional cymbal pads include VH-13 V-Hi-Hat, CY-14C crash, and CY-15R crash/ride
- - One PD-108-BC rack tom pad and two PD-128-BC floor tom pads
- - KD-220 22-inch all-maple acoustic bass drum shell with Roland’s advanced kick trigger electronics preinstalled
- - Play your own WAV samples via SD card
- - USB 10-channel audio out for multi-track recording through a single USB cable
- - Stereo XLR master output and eight TRS direct outs provide balanced connections to a PA
- - Metronome with Quiet Count plus audio recording/playback functions for practice
- - Large MDS-50KV / MDS-STAGE drum stand
- * Kick pedal not included with KD-220
- * The product design is subject to change without notice, and may vary from the images shown
- * Roland’s advanced kick trigger electronics installed in a 22-inch acoustic bass drum shell
- *High-quality, all-maple shell with custom chrome shell fittings
- * Incredible playing feel with Roland’s innovative air-damper mechanics, which work alongside the acoustic shell to ‘move air’
- *Stable and accurate triggering for single and double kick pedal work
- *Strong visual presence on stage when used with TD-50KV V-Drums
- * You can modify your own 22-inch acoustic bass drum for use with V-Drums modules, using the KD-A22 Kick Drum Converter