Roland TD-50X V-Drums Sound Module
Roland TD-50X V-Drums Sound Module
Flagship V-Drums technology. The elite electronic drumming experience.
Overview By GAK
The TD-50X is the module at the pinnacle of Roland’s V-Drums technologies. The TD-50X holds no compromises in spec, features or user experience, meaning it’s Roland’s best drumming experience ever.
Whether you are a touring/studio session drummer or high-profile Drum Tutor, the Roland TD-50X Module is specially designed for the professional in mind. It can cope with the most intricate playing techniques, demanding studio sessions and rigorous touring schedules.
Over 900 Sounds
The TD-50X Module comes with over 900 sounds, driven by Roland’s Prismatic Sound Engine. The sounds include a wide selection of some of the world’s most iconic acoustic snare drums, toms, bass drums and cymbals. You will find sounds of the perfect USA Maple shells, classic steel/brass/aluminium snares and many other famous drum sounds.
As well as the acoustic drum sounds, you can find a host of world percussion instruments and electronic drum samples from some of the most famous drum machines throughout history, including the TR-808, TR-909, CR-78 and many more. Imagine turning up to a gig or recording session with over 900 individual drums and percussion instruments to play with! Each sound can then be customised in immense detail.
Thanks to Prismatic technology, each drum within the module has been made up of all the acoustic elements that make up an individual drum. For example, if you take a snare, the size/depth, tuning, choice of the drum head, shell material, choice of snare wire (and whether it’s on or off) and use of dampening all dramatically change the sound of the instrument. All of these components are editable and customisable within the TD-50X Module, which includes the same level of detail for each individual acoustic drum/cymbal you are editing.
The TD-50X doesn’t stop there, these are not the only permutations that affect your drum sound. You can even specify what type of microphone is being used to capture the sound, as well as the position/distance it has been placed to pick up the sound. For example, you can “close-mic” your snare with a dynamic microphone, whilst using large-diaphragm condenser microphones as overheads, placed far away from the kit, for a more “open” drum sound. You then specify the amount of “bleed” you hear from the other drums in your kit, making a more realistic/characterful drum sound, as well as place the drums in a specific environment of your choosing with Room Ambience - And this is before we get to any “post” editing features!
Once you have created your perfect kit sound, the TD-50X includes studio-quality effects, including EQs, Compressors, Modulation, Delays, Reverbs, Distortions and almost any other effect you can think of. You have the full sound editing capabilities as a DAW or professional studio in one box.
The TD-50X Module has 99 kit destinations for you to save your customised settings, with Patch Remain for seamless on-stage performance. If you change the kit in a live situation, the “tails” of your cymbals or the resonance of your drums will not cut out when you change the kit sound. This means each song in your set or even sections in one track can have a dedicated kit assigned to that it. You can then reorder your kits easily with Kit Chain and control the changes via a Boss FS Footswitch.
Load In Your Own Samples
If the 900+ internal sounds in the TD-50X Module aren’t enough for you, Roland has also included Sample Import, meaning that users can load their own custom sounds via SD Card (sold separately).
With Sample Import, you can load in any WAV Audio File from an SD Card (sold separately) at 16/24 Bit and 44.1Khz, with a maximum memory of 500 samples. Each sample can be 180 seconds in length, 24 minutes (mono) and 12 minutes (stereo), so you can store plenty of one-shot sounds.
One of the most interesting and fun parts of loading in your own sounds is the TD-50X’s ability to layer user samples with an internal sound. This means you could load in a sample of your favourite Acoustic Snare Drum and then layer it on top of an internal Prismatic Snare Drum sound. You can even pitch-match your imported samples, enabling you to have the dynamic range and behaviour of the Prismatic Sound engine, derived from your physical Acoustic Snare Drum.
Multi-Track Audio On-Stage, At Home Or In The Studio
The Roland TD-50X not only gives you maximum control of your drum sound but also enables incredible versatility when monitoring at a live gig or tracking in a studio.
The TD-50X has x8 direct analogue jack outputs for each individual drum (Kick, Snare, Toms L/R, Crashes L/R, Ride and Hi-Hat) and x2 XLR Master Outputs, meaning you can connect to a mixer to control the individual drums from your kit as if you were using a multi-mic’d acoustic drum kit. These outputs are then assignable, meaning you can please any sound engineer or studio technician you may come across.
To save cables, the TD-50X gives you a whopping 32 channels of audio via just one USB cable. Simply connect the TD-50X Module to your computer and each pad can be recorded to an individual channel on DAW. Combine this with the assignable Direct Outputs and endless editing capabilities, the TD-50X the ultimate recording/live tool.
Please Note: If you are upgrading the module of your existing electronic drum kit, the TD-50X Module does not come with cables/loom. You can either use the cables that are already part of your V-Drums setup that uses individual cable connections. If you have an electronic drum kit that uses a loom, you can purchase TRS cables to connect your current pads to the TD-50X Module.
Kits Powered By The TD-50X Module
The TD-50X Module powers the flagship Roland Electronic Drum Kits that sit in both the TD or VAD Series. That means whether you are looking at a revolutionary TD Series format or the more traditional VAD Series, every TD-50X powered V-Drums kit is at the very pinnacle of Roland V-Drums.
Powered by Roland’s most powerful module to date, TD-50X Drum Module does it all.
Each version of the Roland TD-50X come with an extended warranty when registered with Roland Backstage.
Already own a TD-50? Turn your TD-50 Module into a TD-50X without having to change your existing setup by downloading the TD-50X Update.
- Flagship V-Drums sound module with Roland’s Prismatic Sound Modeling and PureAcoustic Ambience technologies
- Over 900 premium sounds on board, including many new kick, snare, hi-hat, tom, and cymbal selections
- Three digital trigger inputs for connecting advanced Roland pads like the PD-140DS digital snare, CY-18DR digital ride, and VH-14D digital hi-hat
- Up to 14 TRS analog trigger inputs available for standard Roland V-Pads, V-Cymbals, and trigger pads*
- Ready-to-play presets based on legendary and contemporary drum kit sounds, purposefully tuned for full, punchy, and dynamic sound
- Hands-on interface for quick selection and deep customization of drum sounds
- Massive selection of studio-grade effects, including EQs, compressors, reverbs, multi-effects, and more
- Stereo XLR master output and eight TRS direct outputs provide balanced connections to a PA mixer
- Integrated 32-channel USB audio/MIDI interface for professional computer music production
- Mix input for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Import your own WAV samples via an SD card
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
- *The TD-50X has a total of 14 trigger assignments that are shared between the digital and analog trigger inputs. When a connected digital pad is assigned to a specific sound, it takes priority over an analog trigger assigned to the same sound.
- -Drum Kits
- 100 (Preset: More than 50)
- More than 900
- -Effect Types
- Pad Compressor: each pad
- Pad Equalizer: each pad
- Overhead Mic Simulator
- Multi-Effects: 3 systems, 38 types
- Master Compressor
- Master Equalizer
- -User Sample Import
- Number of User Sample: Maximum 500 (includes factory preloaded user samples)
- Sound Length (total): 24 minutes in mono, 12 minutes in stereo
- File formats that can be loaded: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 bits)
- -Song Player (SD Card)
- Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 bits), MP3
- Recording Method: Realtime
- Maximum Note Storage: approx. 40,000 notes
- Export File Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits), SMF
- Graphic LCD 256 x 80 dots
- TRIGGER ACTIVITY Indicator (LED)
- 8 (KICK, SNARE, TOMS, HI-HAT, CRASH, RIDE, AUX, AMBIENCE)
- -External Memory
- SD Card (SDHC supported)
- TRIGGER IN jack x 14: 1/4-inch TRS phone type (Exclusion use with digital pad)
- DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port x 3: USB A type
- MASTER OUT (UNBALANCED) jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- MASTER OUT (BALANCED) jacks (L, R): XLR type, balanced
- DIRECT OUT (BALANCED) jack x 8: 1/4-inch TRS phone type, balanced
- PHONES jack x 2: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, Stereo miniature phone type
- MIX IN jack x 2: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, Stereo miniature phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT/THRU) connectors
- USB COMPUTER port: USB B type (USB Hi-Speed AUDIO/MIDI, Mass Storage Class)
- FOOT SW jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- AC IN jack
- -Number of USB Audio Record/Playback Channels
- Sampling Rate (Original): 44.1 kHz
- Sampling Rate (with Sampling rate converter): 96 kHz, 48 kHz
- Record: 32 channels
- Playback: 32 channels
- *USB Audio is required the using vender driver and switched vender mode.
- *On Windows, recording is 10 channels and playback is 4 channels for audio drivers other than ASIO.
- -Power Supply
- AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V
- -Power Consumption
- 30 W
- 330 (W) x 255 (D) x 118 (H) mm
- 13 (W) x 10-1/16 (D) x 4-11/16 (H) inches
- 3.3 kg/7 lbs 5 oz
- Quick Start
- Leaflet "Attaching the Ferrite Core"
- Power Cord
- Ferrite core (including Band for fastening the core)
- -Options (sold separately)
- Pad: PD series, PDX series, BT-1
- Cymbal: CY series
- Kick: KD series, KT series
- Hi-Hat: VH series
- Hi-Hat Control Pedal: FD series
- Acoustic Drum Trigger: RT series
- Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U, FS-6
- Personal Drum Monitor: PM series
No upgrades available