Roland AIRA TR-8 Rhythm Performer
The Roland TR-808 and TR-909 have been the backbone of electronic dance music since it started in the 80s. The locked groove and thunderous distinctive sonics of these classic machines have been the foundation of more classic tracks across a range of genres than you can imagine. These machines are truly legendary. This fact has means the prices of used machines has skyrocketed over the years and they continue to do so, making them now the preserve of the professional or collector. Now ROLAND bring us the TR-8. Meticulous modelling of these machines and others including the TR-707, TR-727 and the TR-606, brought to you in a modern affordable format adding more than a few nifty little features and modern workflow approach.
The Roland TR-8 offers USB connectivity for both control and audio. It can work as an audio interface giving you up to 14 inputs to your DAW from its internal sounds and its integrated audio inputs. Sporting four analogue outputs too, it provides the sonics and flexibility you have been craving without the hefty price tag and maintenance associated with the revered originals.
Be sure you check out our exclusive video by James Wiltshire of THE FREEMASONS and F-9 Audio for an unboxing, overview and workflow demonstration.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Unleashed upon an unsuspecting world in the 1980's, the TR-808 and TR-909 produce arguably the most influential drum sounds in modern music. Not only have they appeared on thousands of dance tracks over the course of three decades, but they have helped define the sound of entire musical genres.
- From Rap and House to Techno and Trance - these two drum machines have left an indelible mark on the art and culture of music.
- Roll the drums.
- With the TR-8, we have obsessively analysed and faithfully re-created every detail and nuance of the analogue circuitry of these legendary rhythm machines. The boom and snap of the 808. The thud of the 909. The robotic click of an 808 rim shot or a classic 909 snare roll. It's all here.
- Not content with mere recreations however, we have enhanced these classic instruments with capabilities far beyond the original units.
- Tune and Decay knobs are now present on every instrument and the Bass and Snare drum modules have dedicated "Attack" and "Comp" knobs allowing for a great variety of tones - from subtle ambient percussion to pounding dance grooves. Per-step effects and the massively addictive "Scatter" function take things into entirely new territory.
- With the authentic tone and character of the original units and with new sound tweaking capabilities inspired by legions of users, the TR-8 breathes new life into the sounds we all know and love.
- Just like the original:
- -Full reproduction of the original TR-808 and TR-909 rhythm machines based on original design spec sheets and detailed analogue circuit analysis of various specimens including Roland's own pristine units
- -Newly developed Analogue Circuit Behaviour (ACB) technology allows part-by-part analyses and faithful recreation of tonality and behaviour including the smooth variations of tone that occur when you work the controls of each instrument
- -Obsessive attention to detail - like reproducing the original TR's unique variations in tone that occur when multiple instruments are entered in accented steps
- -Build dream kits made up of different instruments from the TR-808 and TR-909.
- -16 stunning kits made up of 11 instrument types.
- -Control the intensity of the Accent function with a dedicated knob.
- -Per-step Gate Reverb and Delay effects with dedicated, real-time knobs.
- -Mix sources connected to the external inputs
- -Built-in Side Chain function creates rhythmic ducking effects on external Inputs with per-step control.
- -Two assignable analogue outputs and full parallel outputs via USB for total mixing flexibility.
- Make no mistake - the TR-8 is an instrument, carefully designed from the ground-up, to be played. Every control has a solid, predictable feel with each drum instrument having robust, "playable" faders. Numerous lighted knobs and RGB-lit buttons give real-time performance feedback and a striking appearance on stage.
- Pattern creation is creative and intuitive using an evolved version of the TR-REC method which originated in the TR-808 and eventually became the standard for electronic rhythm programing. Based on detailed analysis of the original TR-808, the TR-REC behaviour has been faithfully modeled in the TR-8. But the TR-8 goes well beyond the original, allowing you to seamlessly switch between programming and performance modes and to introduce lots of groovy rhythmic variations - from subtle snare fills to total glitch meltdowns.
- Just like the original:
- -Faithful TR-REC behaviour for pattern creation
- -Large tempo control knob and a Fine adjustment knob for total tempo control.
- -16-step sequencer allows you to switch between variations [A] and [B] as well as continuous playback
- -Play drum instruments and record to steps in real-time
- Scatter is a unique performance function that gives you detailed real-time control over variations in your patterns and any incoming external input signal.
- Scatter can reverse, glitch, gate, truncate, stutter and perform all manner of rhythmic variations - from subtle to extreme - and all in perfect sync.
- Pick from 10 different types of Scatter and smoothly adjust the intensity or "Scatter Depth" with the large comfortable dial.
- Seamlessly switch between Scatter patterns and quickly turn Scatter on and off for cool variations when and where you want them.
- Try it. You'll like it.
- You can connect the TR-8 to your computer via its USB jack to send and receive Audio and MIDI data.
- The TR-8 can receive MIDI clock information to sync with external devices including other AIRA series units.
- The TR-8 is designed to work seamlessly and look great with other products in the AIRA series.