Roland VAD506 V-Drums Acoustic Design Kit
Roland V-Drums Acoustic Design VAD506 Kit
Here’s What Roland Say:
"The VAD506 is a premium kit in a completely new range of electronic drums for Roland.
VAD (V-Drums Acoustic Design) are the most realistic looking, and feeling, range of V-Drums to date, thanks to the new full-sized wooden shell pads, that even feature the same chrome fittings found on an acoustic drum.
Partner this with the world-famous Roland Patented dual-ply mesh heads, an entirely new trigger housing to avoid Hot Spots, thinner crash pads and the PD-140DS and CY-18DR digital pads from the TD-50X, the VAD really is the closest in acoustic feel.
The Midnight Sparkle finish and KD-200-MS 20" Kick Drum allow you to stand out on stage, have better-looking videos or even become a feature in your home. The VAD drums are specifically designed to reduce noise, as they have been given an extra 2 plys to reduce acoustic projection, so you can still practice at super-low volume.
The weight of the pads under the stick, along with the air moving through a full-sized drum, perfectly mimic the feel of playing an acoustic drum. Not only that, the new CY-14C-T and CY-16R-T are 40% thinner than any other cymbal pad we have previously made, plus they flex and bend just like an acoustic cymbal.
All great kits need to be sturdy and built ready for the road. With the new dedicated drum hardware, the DCS-10, DBS-10 and APC-10 provide near bomb-proof durability, functionality and have the classic chrome finish found on the most popular drum hardware.
Both VAD 5 Series are powered by the TD-27 Module, which shares the Prismatic Sound engine found on the TD-50X Module. You can load in your own samples, plus play along to your favourite tunes with Bluetooth Audio.
There is a whopping 28 channels over USB, so you can record to your preferred DAW as if you were using a multi-mic’d Drum Kit - with just a single cable!
The VAD506 comes with a 2-year warranty when registered with Roland Backstage.”
Overview By GAK
The VAD506 is a premium V-Drums kit in Roland’s V-Drums Acoustic Design Range. VAD are for drummers that need the look, presence and feel of an acoustic drum kit, with all the benefits of an electronic one.
The shells have been carefully designed to share the look, weight and feel of an acoustic drum. Plus, Roland has reduced the amount of acoustic projection from the shell, by adding 2 additional plys, as well as an advanced trigger housing. This trigger technology has also been optimised to remove the appearance of hot spots, so the pads can trigger without imperfections.
The 10"x7" PDA100-MS, 12"x8" PDA120-MS, 14"x14" PDA140F-MS and 20"x16" KD-200-MS all come in a Midnight Sparkle finish, Roland’s double-ply (triple-ply on the PDA140F-MS) mesh technology and have rubber rims to reduce sticking volume.
The VAD506 also features the chrome PD-140DS and CY-18DR digital pads from the TD-50X, which connects via 2 of the 3 USB trigger inputs, giving you 10x the power of a typical analogue jack connected pad.
The cymbal pads on the VAD 5 Series are now 40% thinner than all previous Roland Cymbal Pads, meaning they now flex, bend and swing the same as an acoustic cymbal. The CY-14C-T and CY-16R-T could perhaps be the best cymbal pads on the market.
The VAD Range can be used in the studio, for live video streaming and live performances. The VAD 5 Series are the perfect solution for drummers wanting the same stage presence as an acoustic drum, whilst also needing the benefits of an electronic one.
All great touring kits need to be built ready for the road, the DCS-10, DBS-10 and APC-10 are among the most durable, functional hardware we’ve come across, plus have that classic chrome finish most drummers expect.
For users wanting a more in-depth module, more analogue inputs and outputs along with a more robust chassis, check out the VAD706.
Please note, the kit does not come with a Hi Hat stand, Bass Drum pedal or Snare stand. If required, they will need to be purchased separately. Please see our VAD506 bundles for the best prices.
- • Five-piece V-Drums Acoustic Design kit with full-size wood shells and double-braced chrome stands
- • TD-27 sound module with advanced Prismatic Sound Modelling derived from the flagship TD-50
- • 14” PD-140DS digital snare and 18” CY-18DR digital ride cymbal with high-resolution, multi-sensor triggering for unparalleled dynamics and accurate positional detection
- • 10” 10” PDA100-MS rack tom, 12” PDA120-MS rack tom, 14” PDA140F-MS floor tom, and 20” KD-200-MS kick with custom chrome hardware and Midnight Sparkle wraps
- • Additional cymbal pads include 12” VH-10 V-Hi-Hat, 14” CY-14C-T crash, and 16” CY-16R-T crash/ride
- • Drum in inspiring sound spaces with newly developed PureAcoustic Ambience Technology
- • Hands-on interface for quick-and-easy selecting and personalising drum sounds
- • Stereo mix output and two assignable outputs for sending individual drum sounds to a PA mixer
- • Integrated 28-channel USB audio interface for professional computer music production
- • Three auxiliary trigger inputs for easy kit expansion
- • Onboard Bluetooth for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- • Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
- Kit configuration
- - Drum sound module: TD-27 x 1
- - Snare: PD-140DS x 1
- - Tom1: PDA100-MS x 1
- - Tom2: PDA120-MS x 1
- - Tom3: PDA140F-MS x 1
- - Hi-hat: VH-10 x 1
- - Crash1: CY-14C-T x 1
- - Crash2: CY-16R-T x 1
- - Ride: CY-18DR x 1
- - Kick: KD-200-MS x 1
- - Drum combination stand: DCS-10 x 2
- - Drum boom stand: DBS-10 x 1
- - All purpose clamp: APC-10 x 1
- Extra trigger input jack - 4 (AUX1-AUX3, CRASH 2) *1
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - 1,800 (W) x 1,400 (D) x 1,200 (H) mm
- - 70-7/8 (W) x 55-1/8 (D) x 47-1/4 (H) inches
- (including Kick pad, Cymbals, Hi-hat stand and Drum throne)
- Weight - 52 kg / 114 lbs 11 oz
- - Sound module mount
- - AC adaptor
- - Special connection cable
- - Connection cable (Crash2)
- - Drum key
- - Setup guide
- - Owner's manuals
- Options (sold separately)
- - Personal drum monitor: PM series
- - V-Drums accessory package: DAP-3X
- - Noise eater: NE-10, NE-1
- This package does not include a kick pedal, a snare stand, a hi-hat stand, a drum throne, or an SD card.
- *1: CRASH 2 jack is used for CY-16R-T of 2nd crash cymbal.
I still have my Yamaha DTX950K, and when I bought it, it was probably the best there was. However, compared to my new Roland VAD506...well, there is no comparison. It feels almost like an acoustic set...what else can I say... It looks amazing.