Roland VAD706 V-Drums Acoustic Design Kit, Pearl White
Roland VAD706 V-Drums Acoustic Design Kit
Overview By GAK
The VAD706 is the flagship V-Drums kit in the VAD Series. VAD706 takes V-Drums somewhere it’s never been before, combining the most powerful V-Drums technologies and the immense detail from handmade Acoustic Drums.
At first look, the VAD706 has the same aesthetic as an Acoustic Drum kit, with full-size shells, two-piece hi-hat pads, large cymbals and double-braced chrome stands. The VAD706 is the perfect option for the drummer that wants to make no compromises when choosing their Electronic Drum Kit.
The VAD706 is a 9 Piece drum kit, featuring the following pad configuration:
- x1 Roland PDA100 V-Drums Acoustic Design Tom Pad, 10in
- x1 Roland PDA120 V-Drums Acoustic Design Tom Pad, 12in
- x1 Roland PDA140F V-Drums Acoustic Design Floor Tom Pad, 14in,
- x1 Roland KDA-222 V-Drums Acoustic Design Kick Drum Pad, 22in
Each of the wooden shells are full-size Acoustic Drums, have chrome-plated fittings and come with Roland’s unique mesh heads on the top and bottom. The shell pack on the VAD706 is available in four different finishes; Gloss Natural, Gloss Cherry, Gloss Ebony finishes and Pearl White. The Gloss finishes offer an artisan look with stained maple veneers and transparent gloss coats, whilst Pearl White is bold, attention-grabbing and the perfect vibe for drummers that want to make a statement.
The CY-16R-T is Roland’s largest and thinnest analogue pad in their range, allowing realistic “swing” and “flex” under the stick, just like an acoustic Cymbal.
- Roland PD-140DS V-Pad Digital Snare
- Roland CY-18DR V-Cymbal Digital Ride, 18in
- Roland VH-14D Digital V-Hi-Hat, 14in
Roland Digital Pads are a groundbreaking revelation to the Electronic Drum market. Traditionally Electronic Drum Pads use an analogue jack cable, whereas the PD-140S, CY-18DR and VH-14D connect to the TD-50X Module via a USB connection.
USB is able to transmit 10x the information as an analogue jack cable, meaning speed, velocity, position and duration are all calculated with far higher accuracy. Each Digital Pad performs far more expressively than the jack cable pad equivalent, making for a more realistic playing experience. USB has also unlocked the ability for Electrostatic sensors to be implemented in each digital pad, meaning you can choke/mute the cymbal with just a fingertip and play cross-stick without adjusting any settings.
As well as pioneering pad technology, the VAD706 has been designed to deal with the most rigorous of tour schedules, demanding studio sessions and most flamboyant playing techniques. The VAD706 features heavy-duty all chrome-plated hardware and fittings, including the Roland DTS-30S Drum Stand Set in the box. The DTS-30S is made up of two DCS-30 combination stands, one DBS-30 cymbal boom stands and one PDS-20 module/pad stand.
Please note, the VAD706 does not come with a snare stand, hi-hat stand, kick pedal or drum throne.
Powered By The Roland TD-50X Drum Module
The VAD706 is powered by the TD-50X Module, Roland’s most powerful and sophisticated Sound Module to date.
- Five-piece V-Drums Acoustic Design kit with full-size wood shells and double-braced chrome stands
- Flagship TD-50X sound module with next-generation Prismatic Sound Modeling and PureAcoustic Ambience technologies
- Over 900 sounds on board, including many new kick, snare, hi-hat, tom, and cymbal selections
- Four premium finish options: Gloss Natural, Gloss Cherry, Gloss Ebony, and Pearl White
- 14-inch PD-140DS digital snare, 18-inch CY-18DR digital ride cymbal, and newly developed 14-inch VH-14D digital hi-hat, all with high-res, multi-sensor triggering for unmatched performance
- 10-inch PDA100 and 12-inch PDA120 rack toms, 14-inch PDA140F floor tom, and new 22-inch KD-222 kick
- Two 16-inch CY-16C-T crash cymbal pads, which feature a 40-percent thinner design than previous V-Cymbals for greater flex and swing
- Hands-on interface with dedicated buttons and faders for selecting, customizing, and mixing drum sounds
- Import your own WAV samples via an SD card
- Stereo XLR master output and eight TRS direct outs provide balanced connections to a PA mixer
- Integrated 32-channel USB audio/MIDI interface for professional computer music production
- Four auxiliary analog trigger inputs for easy kit expansion
- Mix input for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
- -Kit configuration
- Drum sound module: TD-50X x 1
- Snare: PD-140DS x 1
- Tom1: PDA100 x 1
- Tom2: PDA120 x 1
- Tom3: PDA140F x 1
- Hi-hat: VH-14D x 1
- Crash1, Crash2: CY-16R-T x 2
- Ride: CY-18DR x 1
- Kick: KD-222 x 1
- Drum stand: DTS-30S x 1
- -Extra trigger input jack
- 5 (TOM 4, AUX 1--AUX 4)
- 1,950 (W) x 1,500 (D) x 1,250 (H) mm
- 76-13/16 (W) x 59-1/16 (D) x 49-1/4 (H) inches
- (including Kick pad, Cymbals, Hi-hat stand and Drum throne)
- 62 kg / 136 lbs 11 oz
- Setup guide
- -Options (sold separately)
- Personal drum monitor: PM series
- V-Drums accessory package: DAP-3X
- Noise eater: NE series
- **Snare Drum stand, Kick pedal, hi-hat stand, and drum throne are not included.