ROLI Seaboard GRAND Stage
ROLI Seaboard GRAND Stage Overview By GAK.
The ROLI Seaboard GRAND Stage is one of the most exciting keyboard releases in recent time. This new keyboard style instrument blends tradition and technology. With the ROLI Seaboard GRAND Stage, Piano/Keyboard style keys are replaced by silicon keywaves which give you the playability of a regular keyboard instrument but with the flexibility to do so much more. The unique keywave material and new sensor technology (patented) allows you to affect not only aftertouch, but continuous touch, per note vibrato, individual note pitch bend all in real time! Now includes Tracktion Waveform.
ROLI's Seaboard GRAND Stage is the perfect tool for recreating live instruments in a way that was previously unimaginable.
Exploring synthesis with the Seaboard Grand couldn't be more exciting. The included Equator software provides you with everything you need for sound design. The ROLI can be played standalone or connected to a computer for added flexibility. It can be incorporated into your DAW for production in the studio and has the ability to control 3rd party software and plugins. Having used the ROLI Seaboard Grand, we can safely say this product would suit players of all standards for any application including live performance, production, song writing and sound design.
For centuries, keyboardists have been forced to accept the velocity of their key strikes marking the end of that note's expressive potential. With the Seaboard GRAND, however, this interaction is merely the beginning. Intuitive gestures such as presses, bends and slides open new avenues to musical expression.
Continuous touch enables you to sound a note and then take it on a musical journey; modulating volume and timbre through one continuous motion. The Seaboard GRAND’s keywaves offer precise tactile feedback, making it easy to sense the slightest change in pressure, resulting in a far more organic experience than traditional aftertouch.
Intuitive pitch control
Adjusting pitch is as natural on the Seaboard GRAND as it is on a stringed instrument. Slide a finger to the left to lower the pitch of a note; slide it to the right to raise it. The smooth feel of the playing surface lets you easily glide from one keywave to the next, or apply a natural vibrato to any note.
Unique, low-friction ribbons run along both the top and the bottom of the Seaboard GRAND’s playing surface. They make it easy to start playing one keywave, then slide to any other keywave you choose in one fluid gesture, even allowing multiple notes to glissando independently at the same time
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Features a unique soft, tactile silicon keywave playing surface, for ultimate sensitivity and expression
- Same muscle memory layout and playability of a piano keyboard but with more expressivity
- Have the ability to control pitch, volume and timbre using just your fingertips
- Continuous aftertouch and polyphonic per note pitch bend
- Intuitive ribbon controls for impressive glissando and pitch slide effect
- Manipulate sounds organically like an acoustic stringed instrument
- 61 keywave model for studio and live use
- Industry standard IO including stereo outputs, headphone output, 2 USB ports and 3 programmable expression pedal inputs
- Equator sound engine and software offering real time multi-dimensional synthesis
- Designed and built by hand in London, England
- 48 Built In Sounds - Play right out of the box!
- Dimensions - 36.9" x 13.3" x 1.0" (937mm x 338mm x 25.7mm)
- Weight - 15.4lb (7kg)
- Keywaves - 61
- Back panel:
- -3 continuous pedal inputs (1/4" jacks)
- -2 balanced audio out jacks (1/4")
- -Stereo headphone out mini-jack (1/8")
- -USB type A and USB type B
- -Volume control
- -9-12V DC power in
- Operating systems - OS X 10.7
- Minimum Mac Specs - Macbook Pro i5 2.5GHz or faster min 4 GB RAM, recommended 8GB RAM
- Controller protocols - MIDI, MDC
- -Equator sound design and control mapping
- -Continuous touch curve control
- -Pitch rounding
- -Real-time visual feedback
- -Firmware updater
- -Free upgrades to future software releases
- EQUATOR SOUND ENGINE:
- -FM and subtractive synthesis
- -Multi-layer sample playback
- -User definable envelopes
- -Comprehensive modulation matrix
- -Independent dynamic voice control
- -Effects including delay, chorus and reverb
- The Seaboard GRAND ships with a custom version of FXpansion's Synth Squad package, optimised for plug-and-play compatibility with the Seaboard. Synth Squad comprises thee analogue-modelling synths - Cypher, Amber and Strobe - that can be combined and layered through the powerful Fusor environment. All four come as standalone apps as well as in VST, AU, RTAS and AAX formats. Synth Squad would normally cost $249, but is entirely free for Seaboard GRAND customers.
- USB drive containing install for Equator software
- Seaboard GRAND Dashboard software and FXpansion SynthSquad
- Quick Start Guide
- Bespoke carry case