ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 Controller Keyboard
An Overview of the ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 by GAK
The ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 is a revolutionary MIDI controller.
The RISE 25 and RISE 49 now come with STROBE2 software - providing many more 5D sounds to the unit. Now includes Tracktion Waveform.A new interface
You can control sound and make music through Five Dimensions of Touch: striking the
Learn more about 5D Touch.
Wireless and portable
Using MIDI over Bluetooth, the RISE 49 works wirelessly, helping you take your controller wherever you wish to make music. That is now even easier with NOISE, the iPhone app that works as a mobile sound engine for the Seaboard RISE.
Now with 49
The playing surface of the RISE 49 is twice the size of the RISE 25. The four octaves of the playing surface can be extended through the octave shift button.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- 49 Keywaves
- 834 mm x 210 mm x 25 mm / 4.2 kg (32.8 in x 8.3 in x 0.9 in / 9.2 lbs)
- Continuous pedal input (1/4" jack)
- USB 2.0-B port (MIDI out and power)
- USB A port (for charging peripherals)
- 9-12V 2A DC port
- Internal rechargeable battery for up to 12 hours of wireless play
- Full MIDI compatibility over USB and Bluetooth
- Bespoke Soft Case
- The Seaboard RISE 49 lets music-makers control sound through Five Dimensions of Touch. This marks a progression from the piano keyboard where only one dimension of touch - Strike - controls sound.
- Strike: The velocity and force with which a finger makes contact with a keywave.
- Glide: Horizontal movements from side to side on a keywave or along the keywave surface.
- Slide: Vertical movements up and down a keywave.
- Press: The continuous pressure applied to the keywave after the initial strike.
- Lift: The release velocity or speed of liftoff from a keywave.
- The Seaboard RISE 49 transmits MIDI over Bluetooth to devices that support it. Mac devices running OS X 10.10 with a Bluetooth LE chip currently support MIDI over Bluetooth. The RISE 49 pairs with the mobile sound engine NOISE, available as a free App Store download for iPhones and iPads running iOS 9 .
- The Seaboard RISE 49 transmits MIDI over USB and Bluetooth to software across OS X and Windows platforms. Like other MIDI controllers, it connects to a range of digital audio workstations (DAWs). Unlike other controllers, the RISE 49 is a Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression (MPE) product that uses multiple channels of MIDI simultaneously. To ensure that the connection between ROLI software and third-party software is optimized for MPE, ROLI provides templates for working with all major DAWs.
- A USB cable powers the Seaboard RISE 49 and automatically charges its internal battery. The battery supports up to 12 hours of wireless play using MIDI over Bluetooth.