Schecter KM-6 MK-III Keith Merrow, Toxic Smoke Green
Overview by GAK
This guitar is an all-out riff machine, boasting a tight, powerful sound with comfortable and effortless playability. Featuring sleek looks, premium tonewoods and a robust build-quality, the Schecter KM-6 MKIII is primed for the stage and the studio.
High-Performance Riff Monster
The Schecter KM-6 MK-III is the third incarnation of Keith Merrow’s hugely popular signature model. Keith Merrow is an acclaimed metal artist and this version of his signature guitar reflects his inventiveness and agility as a player, with a top-spec that you’d normally find on more expensive instruments.
At the core of Schecter’s KM6 MKIII is the Swamp Ash body. Ergonomic and lightweight, the KM-6 MKIII’s Swamp Ash body features a full-bodied resonance and slightly scooped mid-range that excels at distorted tones. This is completed by a stunning Burl top, which provides an alluring “swirled” aesthetic.
Brutal Gains to Crisp Cleans
Giving the KM-6 MK-III its voice is a pair of powerful Schecter Diamond KM Humbuckers. These pickups can pull off chunky high-gain tones without breaking a sweat, retaining note clarity and definition with the most brutal of distortions. Thanks to an upper-midrange emphasis, these pickups can easily cut through a dense mix.
The Diamond KM Humbuckers sound great during cleaner passages too and, with the 2-way coil split switch, an array of nuanced single-coil tones are readily available.
Effortless and lightning-fast playability are catered for by the Ultra Thin “C” shape neck, which is adorned with 24 X-Jumbo frets and a smooth ebony fingerboard. With the elegant Reverse Circle inlays and glow-in-the-dark side dot markers, you’ll never lose your way on a dark stage. The neck is a 5-piece design and is crafted from a combination of Roasted Maple, Maple & Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Rods for superior stability and temperature resistance. This also enhances the guitar’s tone with a snappy, mid-range response.
Workhorse reliability, rock-solid tuning and precise intonation are provided by the Schecter Custom Hardtail (which is palm-mute/chug ready), high-quality Schecter machine heads and the Ernie Ball compensated nut.
Whether you’re a fan of Keith Merrow or simply want a high-performance instrument that looks fantastic, plays great and is primed for heavier music genres - the Schecter KM-6 MK-III is a fantastic choice.
- Model Name: Keith Merrow KM-6 Mk-III Standard
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Guitar Color: Toxic Smoke Green (TSG)
- Top Contour: Radius Top
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Top Material: Burl
- Binding: Black 1-ply
- Bridge: Schecter Custom Hardtail w/ String Thru Body
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Roasted Maple/Maple 5-pc w/ Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Rods
- Inlays: Aluminum Offset/Reverse Circles
- Side Dot Markers: Glow In The Dark
- Scale: 25.5” (648mm)
- Neck Shape: Ultra Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .763” (19.4mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .822” (20.9mm)
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 12”-16” Compound Radius
- Nut: Ernie Ball Compensated Nut
- Nut Width: 1.653” (42mm)
- Tuners: Schecter
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ Heel Access Spoke Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter Diamond KM Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Schecter Diamond KM Humbucker
- Controls: Volume/3-Way Pickup Switch/2-way Coil Split Toggle Switch
- Hardware Color: Black
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)
- Case: SGR-1C (Case Sold Separately)