sE Electronics RN17 Rupert Neve Matched Pair
SE Electronics RN17 Rupert Neve Matched Pair
Designed with Mr. Rupert Neve, the RN17 redefines the capabilities of an SDC
This is the world's first pencil microphone with a large-scale, hand-wound, ultra high performance transformer. Such a small capsule reacts extremely quickly, and is therefore adept at picking up the most delicate of high-frequency content.
With an audio transformer of this magnitude, the RN17 is able to put out astonishing clarity across ALL frequencies - not just the highs. The midrange is detailed and forward, the lows are full and accurate, and the whole microphone has a balance and headroom never before achieved with a small-capsule microphone.
Every RN17 includes a custom-designed, sturdy, protective, and easy-to-use shock mount, which is essential to reducing the unwanted effects of vibration or knocks to the supporting microphone stand.
- Capsule Type:Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 17.2mm Gold/Mylar (21mm with Figure-8)
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid, Cardioid w/ Low Cut, Hyper Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8 capsules
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 5.96 mV/Pa (-44.5dB)
- Sensitivity (Figure-8): 2.51 mV/Pa (-52dB)
- Max SPL: 131 dB (0.5 THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 76 dB (cardioid), 25.5 dB (Figure-8)
- Self Noise: 18 dB(A) (cardioid), 15 dB(A) (omni)
- Pass Filter: 100 Hz (with Cardioid Cut capsule only)
- Matching Connectors: XLR3F
- Power requirement: 48V phantom
- Weight: 320g / 11.32oz
- Weight (Figure-8): 330g / 11.64oz
- Diameter: 44 mm (transformer), 17mm (capsule)
- Length: 200 mm