sE Electronics sE2200 Condenser Microphone
sE Electronics SE-2200 Condenser Microphone
The sE2200, Classic sound, by any standards
The sE2200 is the latest version of the award-winning cardioid condenser microphone that put sE Electronics on the map many years ago with its smooth, polished sound for vocals, voiceovers, and numerous instrumental applications.
Made famous through use with world-class vocal artists like Amy Winehouse, it revives the spirit of classic studio microphones, and still remains a standard in mic lockers around the world.
Although the sE2200 is a cardioid-only microphone, two (instead of one) gold-sputtered diaphragms are used to ensure best possible acoustic performance. Built like the world’s finest musical instruments, every capsule is hand-crafted and individually tuned in our very own factory in Shanghai - and unlike other microphones with backplate or electret designs, the sE2200 features a true externally polarised condenser capsule, and therefore delivers the best possible performance in every aspect.
- TRADITIONAL CLASS-A ELECTRONIC DESIGN Its carefully selected, discrete components ensure brilliant sound quality on any source. The sE2200’s design still avoids using any ICs (integrated circuits) and is built to excel – not to a standard. Low noise, consistent performance and high sensitivity is provided by state-of-the-art surface-mounted electronic components with extremely tight tolerances.
- TWO SWITCHABLE ATTENUATION LEVELS & LOW-CUT FILTERS The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide variety of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums. Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, the two low-cut filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
- CUSTOM-BUILT OUTPUT TRANSFORMER Reviving the spirit of classic studio microphones, the sE2200’s custom transformer provides superb depth & weight to the overall sonic image, and the massively shielded metal housing ensures noise-free operation.
- ALL-METAL HOUSING & PREMIUM FINISH Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other affordable microphones, the sE2200's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
- GOLD-PLATED XLR CONNECTOR Ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years and years
- Capsule Type: Hand-crafted 1" True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 23.7 mV/Pa (-32.5 dBV)
- Max SPL: 125 / 135 / 145 dB (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent noise level: 8 dB(A)
- Dynamic range: 117 / 127 / 137 dB (0/10/20 dB Attentuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 86 dB
- Low-cut filter: 80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20 dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: <50 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current consumption: 4.2 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 51mm (2.01 in), Length 215mm (8.46 in)
- Weight: 611 g (21.55 oz.)
Great product! Great service, quick and safe delivery.
good service good product will use again
Better than I expected