sE Electronics sE2300 Condenser Microphone
sE Electronics sE2300 Condenser Microphone
The sE2300 features a handcrafted true condenser capsule, three patterns, two attenuation pads and two low cut filters
The sE2300 is the latest multi-pattern version of the award-winning 2200 condenser microphone that put sE Electronics on the map many years ago with its smooth, polished sound for vocals, voiceovers, and numerous instrumental applications. The cardioid version grew famous through use with world-class vocal artists like Amy Winehouse, and this multi-pattern version only increases its versatility, enhancing its usefulness for any instrument and reviving the spirit of the world’s most classic studio microphones.
Built like the world’s finest musical instruments, every capsule is hand-crafted and individually tuned in our very own factory in Shanghai - and unlike other microphones with backplate or electret designs, the sE2300 features a true externally polarised condenser capsule, and therefore delivers the best possible performance in every aspect.
THREE SELECTABLE POLAR PATTERNS The 3-position Pattern Switch is located on the rear side of the microphone, and allows the sE2300’s polar pattern to be changed from omnidirectional to cardioid to figure-eight. This allows for great control over the balance between direct and ambient sound.
TRADITIONAL CLASS-A ELECTRONIC DESIGN Its carefully selected, discrete components ensure brilliant sound quality on any source. The sE2300’s design still avoids using any ICs (integrated circuits) and is built to excel – not to a standard. Low noise, consistent performance and high sensitivity is provided by state-of-the-art surface-mounted electronic components with extremely tight tolerances.
TWO SWITCHABLE ATTENUATION LEVELS & LOW-CUT FILTERS The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide variety of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums. Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, the two low-cut filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
CUSTOM-BUILT OUTPUT TRANSFORMER Reviving the spirit of classic studio microphones, the sE2300’s custom transformer provides superb depth & weight to the overall sonic image, and the massively shielded metal housing ensures noise-free operation.
- Capsule Type: Hand-crafted 1" True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni-directional, Figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 24 mV/Pa (-32.5 dBV)
- Max SPL: 126 / 136 / 146 dB (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent noise level: 9 dB(A)
- Dynamic range: 117 / 127 / 137 dB (0/10/20 dB Attentuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dB
- Low-cut filter: 80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20 dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 40 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current consumption: 4.8 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 51mm (2.01 in), Length 215mm (8.46 in)
- Weight: 611 g (21.55 oz.)
- Premium-grade large-diaphragm condenser microphone
- Hand-crafted 1-inch true condenser capsule
- Three selectable polar patterns: cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-8
- Traditional Class-A electronics
- Two switchable attenuation levels
- Custom-built output transformer
- Two switchable low-cut filters
- All-metal housing and premium-grade finish
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- Complete with custom-made shock mount, pop filter and thread adapter
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year