sE Electronics sE8 Condenser Microphone, Matched Pair
sE Electronics sE8 Condenser Microphone, Matched Pair
sE Electronics Product Overview
The sE8 is a small-diaphragm condenser microphone with impressively amazing sound. In the studio, or on the stage, the sE8 small-diaphragm condenser microphone impresses with its huge sound, professional features and outstanding performance second to none.
Every capsule is hand-crafted and individually tuned in our very own factory with highest attention to detail. The ultra-thin gold-sputtered diaphragm delivers an impressive transient response that enables to capture the smallest nuance of your recording. Optimised for superb linearity and natural sonics, the ultra-precision electrode ensures a very smooth and balanced frequency response.
Thanks to the sophisticated acoustic design with precision components, the off-axis response nearly frequency-independent and therefore avoids coloration in demanding applications
With a very short signal path, no ICs, and specially optimised Class-A electronics, the sE8 is one of the quietest microphones on the market, and by far the quietest microphone in its class. Moreover, the transformerless design enables excellent transparency and clarity. The completely new electronic design ensures a high dynamic range and a brilliant transient response without distortion
The switchable attenuation pad prevents overloading your preamp or mixer and provide extended dynamic range without compromises. Two switchable levels enable close-mic techniques for even the loud sources like brass instruments and snare drums
The integrated low-cut filters can be selected at either 80Hz or 160Hz. They help to eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise or compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
The sE8’s all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise. Its high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
The corrosion-free XLR contacts ensure a loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years and years and...
Convincing stereo recordings require microphones with high consistency and accurate localisation from the pair of microphones. Therefore, at sE every pair is selected from hundreds of individual microphones to provide identical performance. The result is the highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity for stunning, three-dimensional recordings.
The sE8 comes complete with a windscreen to avoid wind noise and a robust mic clip with thread adapter to fit with any mic stand.
The sE8 Matched Pair comes complete with two windscreens to avoid wind noise and two robust mic clips with thread adapters to fit with any mic stand. Moreover, a robust stereo bar and a high-quality metal case is included.
- Product: 23 x120 mm ( φ x H), 0.91 x 4.72 in. ( φ x H), 140 g / 4.94 oz.
- Gift Box: 34 x 21 x 11 cm (L x W x H), 13.39 x 8.27x 4.33 in. (L x W x H), 1.93 kg / 4.25 lbs
- Master Cardbox: 8 pieces per Master Cardbox: 47 x 36 x 43 cm (L x W x H), 18.50 x 14.17 x 16.93 in. (L x W x H), 16.30 kg / 35.93 lbs
- Hand-crafted small condenser capsule
- • ultra-thin gold-sputtered diaphragm for superior transient response
- • every capsule is hand-crafted and individually tuned in our very own factory
- • ultra-precision electrode design optimized for superb linearity and natural sonics
- • true condenser technology
- Precise, nearly frequency-independent cardioid pattern
- • for truly consistent off-axis response
- • sophisticated acoustic design with precision components
- • avoids coloration in demanding applications
- The quietest pencil mic in its class
- • extremely low noise without the use of integrated circuits
- • transformerless design for excellent transparency and clarity
- • proven Class-A circuitry ensures a high dynamic range and a brilliant transient response without distortion
- Two switchable attenuation levels
- • provide extended dynamic range
- • enable close-mic techniques for even the loud sources like brass instruments and snare drums
- • prevent overloading your preamp or mixer
- Two switchable low-cut filters
- • Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz
- • help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise
- • help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques
- All-metal housing and premium finish
- • all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise
- • high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- • Ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years and years and...
- Factory-matched stereo pair (sE Stereo Set only)
- • every pair is selected from hundreds of individual microphones to provide identical performance and highest possible consistency
- Standard accessories
- • windscreen to avoid wind noise
- • robust mic clip with thread adapter to fit with any mic stand
- Standard accessories (sE Stereo Set only)
- • Two windscreens to avoid wind noise
- • Two robust mic clips with thread adapters to fit with any mic stand
- • Stereo bar
- • Metal case
Great Sound, especially for the price. Well constructed. I like the fact that they come in their own metal carrying case, complete with Stereo bar.
I needed an additional pencil condenser mic for a video project I’m working on. I also thought it might be an idea to get a matched pair of mics in case I ever want to do a nice stereo recording. I first auditioned a matched pair of Rode M5s, with which I wasn’t particularly impressed. Next I tried the SE8s against a matched pair of Rode NT5s. The NT5s were nice, had a nice clear upper mid and were very accurate. However, they lacked the low end richness that can make a good dialogue recording, particularly if your talent has a less resonant voice. The SE8s enjoy a similar clarity in the upper mids to the NT5s, but, to my ears, also have a little more richness to their lower end. A close call and doubtless for other purposes the NT5s might have won the day, but the SE8s were more suited to my particular needs at this time. Both the NT5s and SE8s are really lovely little mics for the money and well worth listening to side by side.
Excellent mics at an unbelievable price.