sE Electronics X1 A Condenser Microphone
SE Electronics Product Overview
The X1 A: It could be your first mic, but it'll never be one you want to replace. There's a new entry point to sE's acclaimed X1 Series, and it's breaking the performance barrier (again) for every mic in its class.
The X1 A is the new entry point to sE’s acclaimed X1 Series. It is designed to be the best-in-class offering on the market and bringing the heritage of the X1 Series to an expanded user base worldwide. The X1 A utilises a newly-developed acoustic design with a carefully selected condenser capsule, low noise electronics, an integrated windscreen, and a gold-plated XLR connector. It also includes a switchable attenuation pad & low-cut filter and a robust all-metal chassis. The X1 A will be available in stores from EARLY October 2016 .It ships with a newly designed mic clip and mic stand thread adapter, and is fully compatible with sE’s Isolation Pack shock-mount.
Attenuation pad & low cut switch
The -20 dB pad switch provides extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums. The 100 Hz low-cut switch helps eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, and compensates for excessive bass with close-mic techniques (proximity effect).
All-metal housing and premium finish
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other "entry-level" microphones, the X1 A's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
Eliminates the need for an external pop filter, and provides an extra layer of safety and security for the all-important capsule.
- Capsule Type: 2/3" Permanently-Biased Condenser
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: <50 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dB)
- Max SPL: 130 / 150 dB (0 / 20 dB pad, (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB(A)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 114 / 134 dB (0 / 20 dB pad)
- Low Cut Filter: 100 Hz, 6 dB/oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 20 dB, switchable
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR
- Power requirement: 48V phantom according to IEC 61938
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1K Ohms
- Current Consumption: 4.0 mA
- Diameter: 58 mm (2.28 in.) x Length: 169 mm (6.65 in.)
- Weight: 390 g / 13.8 oz
- X1 A microphone
- swivel mic clip
- mic stand thread adapter