Sennheiser e 908 D Cardioid Condenser Instrument Mic for Drums
Sennheiser e 908 D Condenser Instrument Microphone Product Overview
The e 908 D condenser instrument microphone was specially designed for drums and percussion. It is supplied with the multifunctional MZH 908 D drum clamp. The cardioid capsule captures audio in great detail and clarity with excellent rejection of off-axis noise and feedback. The e 908 D handles high sound pressure levels without peak distortion, enabling close proximity placement without noise.
The e 908 D employs a locking miniature 1/8inch (3.5mm) connector for use with EW series belt-pack transmitters, however the MZA 900P cylindrical preamplifier is included and terminates to a standard 3-pin XLR connection for direct input to mic pre-amps on PA systems, mixers, etc.
- Solid, focused and precisely positionable.
- The high-end sound of a condenser microphone is combined with the features of professional stage equipment to make the e 908 a small, highly flexible marvel. With an open and high-definition character, it creates surprisingly forceful sounds. It transmits the attack in a very clear and defined manner while structure-borne noise is reliably suppressed. Thanks to its shock-mounted head, gooseneck and special clips, the e 908 can be quickly attached and precisely oriented to the sound source. Despite its delicate form, the microphone is ruggedly constructed and easily takes even hard hits. The e 908 is available in four models:
- e 908 D: for drums and percussion
- e 908 B: for wind instruments, congas, and drums with free-floating suspension system
- e 908 B ew: for wireless miking of saxophones using an evolution wireless instrument transmitter
- Condenser microphone
- High-end sound and precise definition
- Simple mounting thanks to practical clips
- Precise orientation with gooseneck microphone boom
- Protection against impact and handling noise
- Intelligent MZA 900 P phantom powering adapter (only B and D versions)
- Can be operated with an evolution wireless instrument transmitter