Sequential Pro 3 Multi-Filter Synthesizer
Sequential Pro 3 Multi-Filter Synthesizer
Overview by GAK
The Sequential Pro 3 is the evolution of the legendary Pro 1 and the acclaimed Pro 2, imbuing the most desirable of those elements of those classic synths with fresh features. The result is arguably Dave Smith and Sequential’s greatest monosynth so far - once you’ve played one, you’ll know why.
Primed For Performance
Boasting a smooth & compact 3-octave Fatar keyboard, a lightweight, a robust road-ready chassis and a wealth of tactile controls - there’s no doubting that the Sequential Pro 3 is a high-performance instrument. From the stage to the studio, the Pro 3 is ready to deliver juicy analogue basses & leads, evolving & dynamic sequences, otherworldly effects… the possibilities with this synth are immense!
Check out the Pro 3 SE (Special Edition) if you want luxurious Walnut sides and the flexibility of a Minimoog-style tiltable panel.
Brand New Wavetables
As part of their quest to make the Pro 3 the most creative and inspiring mono synth in your arsenal, Sequential have released a new enhancement for it - completely free. Click here and you can download a new set of 32 high-quality wavetables for your Pro 3 as well as a fresh bank of 128 patches that use them. Each new patch features a unique sequence to give the sound context.
These wavetables are a major expansion to the Pro 3’s sound palette and are derived from a wide range of sources, including a boutique Frequency Shifter, the legendary Fairlight IIx, Sequential’s own TOM drum machine, the human voice and more. The new wavetables load into the user wavetable slots, so you don’t have to worry about messing up your patches that use ones from the factory.
We believe that Sequential have created a modern classic with the Pro 3, encapsulating the best elements of analogue & digital into a high-performance instrument that’s a tonne of fun to use. The sheer amount of inspiration and ideas that come from playing with the Pro 3 make it easily one of the best monosynths available at the moment.
- Two analog, voltage-controlled oscillators
- One DSP-based digital oscillator
- Analog oscillators produce three classic wave shapes: (triangle, saw, pulse) with variable shape modulation/pulse width on each
- Digital oscillator produce 32 digital wavetables of 16 waves each with wave morphing, plus classic wave shapes (sine, triangle, saw, variable-width pulse) and super saw
- Digital oscillator 3 can function as an LFO for complex wavetable-based modulation
- White noise generator
- Hard sync, per-oscillator Glide, Oscillator Slop
- 3-voice paraphonic mode with individually-gated envelopes per oscillator
- Three classic filter types
- Filter 1 is a 4-pole, 24 dB per-octave, Prophet-6™ low-pass filter
- Filter 2 is a classic, 4-pole, 24 dB per-octave, transistor ladder filter with optional resonance compensation
- Filter 3 is a 2-pole, 12 db per-octave, OB-6™ state-variable filter. It can be continuously varied between low-pass, notch, and high-pass operation, with an optional band-pass mode.
- Three syncable LFOs with phase offset and slew per LFO
- Five waveshapes: triangle, saw, reverse saw, square, and S&H
- Four ADSR envelopes with delay (Filter, VCA, and two Auxiliary envelopes)
- Envelopes freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- All envelopes can repeat/loop
- Dual digital effects
- Stereo delay, BBD delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, ring mod, vintage rotating speaker, distortion, high-pass filter, super plate reverb
- Tuned feedback with Grunge for extra-aggressive tonal destruction
- Programmable analog distortion
- 32 slot modulation matrix with over 46 mod sources and over 171 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Mod Matrix runs at audio rates
- Four control voltage (CV) inputs and outputs for interfacing with modular synths and other CV-compatible devices
- Parameters that can be sent to CV outputs include oscillators, LFOs, envelopes, sequencer tracks and any other source within the modulation matrix. Runs at audio rates.
- Gate Out for triggering external CV-compatible devices. Any CV in can be used as a gate input.
- Advanced sequencer with three modes: normal, gated, and trigger
- 16 tracks and 4 linkable 16-step phrases
- Per-step ratcheting, duration, and velocity
- Multiple playback modes: forward, reverse, forward/reverse, random
- Supports real-time/step input, rests, and variable-length sequences
- Syncs to MIDI clock and external audio and CV input
- Sequences freely assignable to any modulation destination
- Sophisticated arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Syncs to MIDI clock and external audio and CV inputs
- Re-latching arpeggiation
- Runs concurrent with Sequencer for arpeggiated patterns with parameter automation
- Over 60 knobs and 70 buttons enable deep, comprehensive editing with minimal menu diving
- Backlit pitch and mod wheels are easily visible in low-light situations and have a smooth, precise response.
- Independently adjustable upper and lower pitch wheel range
- Position-sensitive latchable touch slider for enhanced interactivity and control
- Full-sized, three-octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
- 512 user and 512 factory programs
- Playlist mode for generating easily accessible set lists of your favorite programs
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI Out, and 1 MIDI Thru/Out 2 port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 4 CV inputs (4 x 1/8″ jack) with -10v to +10v voltage range
- 4 CV outputs (4 x 1/8″ jack) with -10v to +10v voltage range
- 1 Gate Out (1/8″ jack)
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 1 Expression pedal input
- 1 External audio input (1/4″ phone jack)
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4″ phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4″ phone jack)
- 1 universal IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz, 30 watts maximum power consumption
- Premium, 3-octave, semi-weighted Fatar keyboard
- 26.65″ L x 13.33″ W x 4.92″ H (67.7 cm x 33.8 cm x 12.5 cm)
- Weight: 16 lbs (7.25 kg)