Sequential Prophet Rev2 8-Voice Desktop Synthesizer
Overview by GAK
The Sequential Prophet Rev2 is an evolution of the Prophet '08, a synth that helped to kickstart the analogue renaissance and has been used by a vast number of world-class artists such as Radiohead & James Blake. While the Prophet Rev2 is the series is the most affordable entry point into Sequential’s impressive synth roster, it’s also the most flexible and feature-rich of all their analogue instruments.
Compact Form Factor
The Desktop version of the Prophet Rev2 harnesses the same sound engine, connectivity & knob-laden interface as its keyboard-equipped sibling and packs it into a more portable form factor. If you love the rich analogue character of the Prophet Rev2 & its deep sonic possibilities, the Rev2 Desktop presents a more compact solution that’s ideal if you’re regularly on the move, need to save space in your studio or favour a particular keyboard/controller.
Just like the Keyboard version, the Prophet Rev2 Desktop features a hands-on, immediate interface that makes sound design and on-the-fly adjustments an effortless experience - all within an instrument that can fit into a backpack!
This iteration of Sequential’s Prophet Rev 2 Desktop boasts 8 true analogue voices (DCOs) and iconic Curtis low-pass filters per voice. Whilst it’s a fantastic 8-voice polyphonic synth in its own right, it’s also two independent 4-voice synths - with individual effect slots & sequences per layer too.
If you’re looking to make the most of the Prophet Rev 2’s incredible Split and Stack functionality, we recommend checking out the 16-voice version.
The Rev 2 Expander Kit is available if you want to upgrade from 8-voice to full 16-voice functionality later on.
Take a look at the Prophet Rev2 Keyboard if you need a complete and straightforward performance solution. The Keyboard version features a premium-quality Fatar keybed with aftertouch and velocity sensitivity (two essential tools that you need to use the Rev2’s astounding sound engine to its full potential).
The 8-voice Prophet Rev2 Desktop is one of the most affordable ways to get a Sequential synthesizer and packs a wealth of features into a well-made instrument with a warm, juicy analogue sound. Classic vintage-style pads, leads & basses? Check. Complex, evolving textures? Check. Inspiring performance tools. It’s all here!
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice (plus sub octave on oscillator 1) with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- White noise generator
- Analog VCAs
- Hard sync
- 1 analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode)
- 3 envelope generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop.
- Polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps (6 notes per step), and ties and rests. Separate 16 x 4 gated step sequencer. Each layer can have a separate sequence.
- 4 LFO’s with key sync per LFO
- 8-slot modulation matrix
- 22 sources
- 53 destinations
- 5 additional dedicated sources: mod wheel, pressure, velocity, breath controller, footswitch
- Programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Selectable note value: 16th note, 8th note triplet, 8th note, dotted 8th note, quarter note
- One, two, or three octave range
- Re-latching arpeggiation
- Note repeat
- 55 knobs and 35 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- 512 Factory Programs (4 banks of 128) and 512 fully editable User Programs with 2 layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4″ stereo phone jack.
- IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100 and 240 volts at 50 to 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 22 watts maximum (17 watts for 8-voice configuration; 22 watts for 16-voice configuration)
- Oiled African mahogany wood end panels
- Dimensions: 7.9″ (20 cm) W x 21.6″ (54.8 cm) L x 3.3″ (8.4 cm) H
- Weight: 7.5 lbs. (3.4 kg)
No upgrades available