Shure Beta 91A Boundary Microphone
Shure Product Overview
Boundary Microphone for kick drums and other bass instruments, nothing compares to the Shure Beta 91TM. The Beta 91 condenser cartridge combines superior "attack" and "punch" for studio quality sound -- even at the extremely high sound pressure levels encountered inside a kick drum. Its boundary effect design produces a strong, solid low-end response that has been specifically tailored for heavy bass applications. Its cardioid pattern provides outstanding gain before feedback and superior rejection of unwanted sound, making the Beta 91 ideal for live concert applications. What's more, the low profile design of the Beta 91 eliminates the need for external mounting hardware, while its heavy-duty Triple-Flex cable represents a significant improvement over its highly successful predecessor, the SM91A. And it all comes together in a durable design that lives up to Shure's legendary standards for quality, reliability, and great sound.
- Cardioid condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface), uniform with frequency, symmetrical around axis.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 59 dB re 94 dB SPL
- Output Impedance 150 ohms (actual)
- Phantom Power: 48 Vdc /- 4 Vdc (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3.
Industry-standard for bass drums. You will not regret buying this microphone.
Great kick mic