Shure Beta 98S Compact Condenser Instrument Microphone
Shure Beta 98S Product Overview by GAK
The Shure Beta 98S is a compact, high-output cardioid condenser instrument microphone featuring a highly uniform supercardioid pickup pattern which provides high gain before feedback plus optimal rejection of unwanted noise.
The 98S has high maximum SPL capabilities and wide dynamic range, great for drums, percussion, piano, reed, wind and string instruments. It can also be used for amplified guitars.
The BETA 98/S is supplied with a shock-mount swivel adapter (RK282), a windscreen, storage bag, preamplifier (RPM626), and an interconnect cable.
- Tailored frequency response for studio quality performance
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments - 160dB max SPL
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Detachable cable for easy storage
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges with different polar patterns are available
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability