Shure BLX24RUK/B58 Rack Mount Handheld Wireless Microphone System
Overview by GAK
Important information - please read before purchasing!
It is essential that you read the information regarding PMSE licences as you will need one in order to use any analogue wireless unit such as the BLX24UK/B58. Click here to find out more.
The BLX Wireless System from Shure is one of the leading wireless systems at its price point and punches way above its weight. With legendary Shure sound and world-famous build quality, the BLX series puts dependable, easy to operate wireless systems within easy reach of any performer or presenter.
The precision-built Shure BLX24R/B58 Handheld Wireless System is designed for extraordinary vocal performances with exceptional sound quality. The set comprises the following:
- 1x Shure BLX4R Rackmountable Wireless Receiver
- 1x Shure BLX2/B58 - Shure BETA58A capsule with Shure BLX2 analogue handheld transmitter
The BETA58A with BLX2 handheld transmitter is The dynamic vocal microphone precision-engineered for professional sound reinforcement. You will get up to 14 hours of continuous use using 2 x AA batteries (included) and an operating range of 100m.
Rackmount analog wireless receiver provides improved linearity and frequency response with group and channel scan for easy set-up. Features include frequency QuickScan, adjustable output levels, and two-colour audio status indicator LED.
Captivate your audience and own the stage!
- What is the Beta 58A best suited to? - The Beta 58A is a premium vocal mic ideally suited for professional lead and backup vocals, either on stage or in the studio.
- How does this compare to the legendary SM58? - Both are designed for vocal use and have a bright midrange and bass roll-off. The Beta 58A has increased sensitivity and high-end frequency response which results in a cleaner more detailed sound. It also features a supercardioid polar pattern compared to the SM58's cardioid, giving it greater unwanted sound rejection and more resistance to feedback.
- What receiver comes with the Beta Wireless Rack-mount Vocal System? - The Beta Wireless Rack-mount Vocal System comes with the Analogue Wireless Rack-mount Receiver BLX4R that provides improved linearity and frequency response.
- The receiver BLX4R is ready to perform right out of the box and is the clearest choice for performers who wish to unplug from the wire.
- Is a rack mount kit included? - Yes, the box contains everything you need for rack mounting.
- How does the BLX4R receiver perform compared to wired? - The frequency response of the wireless microphone is almost identical to the frequency response of a wired mic. Also the dynamic performance is almost the same.
- How many musicians can use this system simultaneously? - Up to 12 compatible channels per group with group and channel scan for easy set-up.
- Is the setup really that easy? - Yes, with one button you can start the group and channel scan, which gives you the best open frequency. Adjust the transmitter to the same channel and you're ready to go.
- What does "Linearity" mean? - The proportion between input signal of the transmitter and output signal of the receiver is always constant.
- Operating Range: 91 m ( line of sight - actual range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection and interference)
- Available Frequencies: Between 524-865 MHz (available frequencies depend on applicable regulations in country where system used)
- Audio Range: 50-15,000 Hz (dependent on microphone type)
- Transmitter RF Output Power: 10 mW, typical (varies by region)
- Audio Output Connector: XLR and 1/4" (6.3 mm) unbalanced Maximum Output Level: -27 dBV (XLR, mic level), -13 dBV (1/4")
- Battery Life: Up to 14 hours
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB A-weighted
- System Distortion: 0.5% THD typical (ref. /- 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone)
- Operating Temperature Range: -18Â°C (0Â°F) - 50Â°C (122Â°F)
- Power Requirements: BLX1, BLX2: 2 AA alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- BLX4R: 12-15 V DC @ 260 mA, supplied by external power supply (tip positive)
- BLX4R Receiver - Output Impedance:
- - XLR connector: 200 O
- - 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: 50 O
- Audio Output Level, Ref. Â±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone:
- - XLR connector: -20.5 dBV (into 100 kO load)
- - 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: -13 dBV (into 100 kO load)
- RF Sensitivity: -105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: >50 dB, typical
- Dimensions: 50 mm X 198 mm X 163 mm H x W x D
- Weight, without antennas: 998 g
- Housing: Molded ABS, steel
- Power Requirements: 12-15 V DC @ 260 mA, supplied by external power supply (tip positive)
- BLX1 Bodypack Transmitter - Audio Input Level:
- - gain max: -16 dBV maximum
- - gain min (0 dB): 10 dBV maximum
- Gain Adjustment Range: 26 dB
- Input Impedance: 1 MO
- RF Transmitter Output: 10 mW, typical, varies by region
- Dimensions: 110 mm x 64 mm x 21 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 75 g, without batteries
- Housing: Molded ABS
- Power Requirements: 2 LR6 AA batteries, 1.5 V, alkaline
- Battery Life: up to 14 hours (alkaline)