Shure BLX24UK/PG58 Handheld Wireless Vocal Microphone System
Overview by GAK
Important information - please read before purchasing!
It is essential that you read the information regarding PMSE licences as you will need one in order to use any analogue wireless unit such as the BLX24UK/PG58. Click here to find out more.
The Shure BLX Wireless Vocal System offers professional-grade audio reproduction and outstanding freedom of movement. The PG58 transmitter has been designed to get the very best result for lead and backup vocals through clear analogue transmission, with a capsule that reproduces vocals with astounding accuracy and warmth.
The hand-held transmitter included with this system is the wireless version of Shure’s popular PGA58 cardioid dynamic microphone. The PG58 is designed for lead and backup vocals thanks to a cardioid pick up pattern that ensures solid, directional focus and feedback protection. The PG58 provides exceptional clarity with its tailored cartridge design and frequency response focused on vocal performances. Additionally, the PG58’s built-in pop filter keeps unwanted plosives and wind noise at bay.
The included BLX4 receiver is phenomenally simple to set up once out of the box, the casing is petite and light-weight but durable. The BLX4’ one-touch ‘QuickScan’ locates the highest quality open frequency, once found it displays as a letter and number ‘Group’ which you can set on the PG58 transmitter to quickly and easily get connected.
The BLX wireless system also has lock controls to ensure you never accidentally adjust settings, change frequencies or turn off your system. To lock the receiver simply press and hold the group and channel buttons simultaneously and to lock the transmitter, press and hold the channel button.
The Shure BLX24UK/PG58 is the ideal wireless mic system for musicians, sound technicians, instructors and presenters.
- Operating Range: 91 m ( line of sight - actual range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection and interference)
- Available Frequencies: Between 524-865 MHz (available frequencies depend on applicable regulations in country where system used)
- Audio Range: 50-15,000 Hz (dependent on microphone type)
- Transmitter RF Output Power: 10 mW, typical (varies by region)
- Audio Output Connector: XLR and 1/4" (6.3 mm) unbalanced Maximum Output Level: -27 dBV (XLR, mic level), -13 dBV (1/4")
- Battery Life: Up to 14 hours
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB A-weighted
- System Distortion: 0.5% THD typical (ref. /- 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone)
- Operating Temperature Range: -18Â°C (0Â°F) - 50Â°C (122Â°F)
- Power Requirements: BLX1, BLX2: 2 AA alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- BLX4: 12-18 V DC at 150 mA, supplied by external power supply
- Entry point to professional Shure quality, ruggedness and sound.
- PG58 Vocal Microphone:
- Tailored frequency response is smooth and extended. Tuned specifically for vocal applications.
- Cardioid polar pattern picks up the most sound from in front of the microphone and some sound from the sides. Less susceptible to feedback in high volume settings.
- Dynamic cartridge has a simple, rugged coil. Handles extreme volume levels without distortion.
- Cartridge includes a neodymium magnet for high output level.
- Internal shock mount for reduced handling noise.
- Durable metal construction.
- On/off switch for onstage control.
- Hardened steel mesh ball grille that resists wear and abuse.
- Integral "pop" filter reduces explosive breath sounds and wind noise.
- Includes 15ft. (4.57m) cable, break-resistant mic clip and storage bag.
- BLX2 Handheld Transmitter:
- Power and battery status LED
- Adjustable gain control
- Quick and easy frequency matching
- AA batteries (included) provide up to 14 hours of continuous use
- 100 m (300 ft.) operating range (line of sight)
- Receiver BLX4
- Up to 12 compatible systems (region dependent)
- Microprocessor-controlled internal antenna diversity
- One touch QuickScan locates the best open frequency
- ¼" and XLR audio outputs
- Two color audio status indicator LED
- BLX4 Receiver - Output Impedance:
- - XLR connector 200 O
- - 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: 50 O
- Audio Output Level Ref. Â±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone:
- - XLR connector -27 dBV (into 100 kO load)
- - 6.35 mm (1/4") connector -13 dBV (into 100 kO load)
- RF Sensitivity: 105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: >50 dB, typical
- Dimensions: 40 mm X 188 mm X 103 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 241 g
- Housing: Molded ABS
- Power Requirements: 12-15 V DC @ 160 mA, supplied by external power supply (tip positive)
- BLX2 Handheld Transmitter - Audio Input Level:
- - gain 0dB: -20 dBV maximum
- - gain -10dB: -10 dBV maximum
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10 dB
- RF Transmitter Output: 10 mW, typical, varies by region
- Dimensions: 224 mm X 53 mm dia.
- Weight: 218 g (without batteries)
- Power Requirements: 2 LR6 AA batteries, 1.5 V, alkaline
- Battery Life: up to 14 hours (alkaline)
No upgrades available
Good quality microphone with next day delivery
Exactly what I expected, I got.