Shure BLX288UK/B58 Dual Handheld Wireless Microphone System
Shure BLX288UK/B58 overview by GAK
The Shure BLX288UK/B58 package is a wireless dual vocal system that pairs Shure's highly-acclaimed BLX receiver with two Shure B58 cardioid microphones, renowned for their detailed sound, tailored frequency response and polar-pattern.
The B58 dynamic microphone has been designed to enhance vocal performances with a brightened midrange and bass roll-off, a frequency response that reduces proximity effect and a super cardioid polar-pattern that isolates your vocal source and eliminates background noise perfectly.
The B58's neodymium magnet gives it an exceptional signal-to-noise ratio, allowing you to use the mic at high volume without the negative effects of distortion taking over.
Like all the microphones in the Shure range, the B58 has a hardened steel mesh grille covering the mics crown jewels, as well as a body sealed with a special adhesive keeping everything air-tight and safe from the elements. The advanced pneumatic shock mount system in the B58 greatly reduces handling noise spill and the effect of vibration from other stag Sources. Combine all of these body features and what you have is a solid, durable microphone primed for vigorous use on the stage.
Shure's BLX88 Dual Wireless Receiver has a short set up time and simplistic, intuitive controls. Using Shure's one-touch QuickScan technology to source the best open frequency for your transmitters, experience an improved linearity and frequency response for use with up to 12 compatible channels per group. The BLX88 has both 1/4" and XLR audio outputs for connection to a mixer/speaker setup, whilst the two labelled LED's on the front face of the receiver, indicate connection and signal status.
The BLX1 transmitters are slim and lightweight, clipping directly to your artist via a rear-facing belt clip, boasting an impressive battery life of up to 14 hours on just 2 AA batteries. It's quick and easy to pair your BLX1's up to your BLX88 receiver, simply use the group and channel buttons to select the best frequency previously found via the BLX88's QuickScan and the pairing is instantaneous. The BLX1 transmitter has an impressive 100M (300 feet) operating range so, giving you/ your artist full freedom of movement across the performance area.
- What is the Beta 58A best suited to? - The Beta 58A is a premium vocal mic ideally suited for professional lead and backup vocals, either on stage or in the studio.
- How does this compare to the legendary SM58? - Both are designed for vocal use and have a bright midrange and bass roll-off. The Beta 58A has increased sensitivity and high-end frequency response which results in a cleaner more detailed sound. It also features a supercardioid polar pattern compared to the SM58's cardioid, giving it greater unwanted sound rejection and more resistance to feedback.
- What receiver comes with the Beta Wireless Dual Vocal System? - The Beta Wireless Dual Vocal System comes with the Analogue Wireless Dual Receiver BLX88 that provides improved linearity and frequency response.
- The receiver BLX88 is ready to perform right out of the box and is the clearest choice for performers who wish to unplug from the wire.
- How does the BLX receiver perform compared to wired? - The frequency response of the wireless microphone is almost identical to the frequency response of a wired mic. Also the dynamic performance is almost the same.
- How many musicians can use this system simultaneously? - Up to 12 compatible channels per group with group and channel scan for easy set-up.
- Why internal antennas? - For ideal signal strength, antennas on a wireless system need to be set up in a certain way. The internal antennas on the BLX receiver are already set in this ideal way, offering up to 100 m operating range and optimal signal strength.
- Additionally internal antennas cannot be broken during setup, use or transport.
- Is the setup really that easy? - Yes, with one button you can start the group and channel scan, which gives you the best open frequency. Adjust the transmitter to the same channel and you're ready to go.
- Operating Range: 91 m ( line of sight - actual range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection and interference)
- Available Frequencies: Between 524-865 MHz (available frequencies depend on applicable regulations in country where system used)
- Audio Range: 50-15,000 Hz (dependent on microphone type)
- Transmitter RF Output Power: 10 mW, typical (varies by region)
- Audio Output Connector: XLR and 1/4" (6.3 mm) unbalanced Maximum Output Level: -27 dBV (XLR, mic level), -13 dBV (1/4")
- Battery Life: Up to 14 hours
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB A-weighted
- System Distortion: 0.5% THD typical (ref. /- 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone)
- Operating Temperature Range: -18Â°C (0Â°F) - 50Â°C (122Â°F)
- Power Requirements: BLX1, BLX2: 2 AA alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- BLX88: 12-18 V DC at 320 mA, supplied by external power supply
- BLX88 Dual Receiver - Output Impedance:
- - XLR connector: 200 O
- - 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: 50 O
- Audio Output Level Ref. Â±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone:
- - XLR connector -27 dBV (into 100 kO load)
- - 6.35 mm (1/4") connector -13 dBV (into 100 kO load)
- RF Sensitivity: 105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: >50 dB, typical
- Dimensions: 40 mm X 388 mm X 116 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: BLX88 429 g
- Housing: Molded ABS
- Power Requirements: 12-15 V DC @ 320 mA, supplied by external power supply (tip positive)
- BLX2 Handheld Transmitter - Audio Input Level:
- - gain 0dB: -20 dBV maximum
- - gain -10dB: -10 dBV maximum
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10 dB
- RF Transmitter Output: 10 mW, typical, varies by region
- Dimensions: 224 mm X 53 mm dia.
- Weight: 218 g (without batteries)
- Power Requirements: 2 LR6 AA batteries, 1.5 V, alkaline
- Battery Life: up to 14 hours (alkaline)
No upgrades available