Shure BLX288UK/PG58 Dual Handheld Wireless Microphone System
Shure BLX288UK/PG58 overview by GAK
The Shure BLX288UK/PG58 package is a wireless dual vocal system that pairs Shure's highly-acclaimed BLX receiver with two Shure PG58 cardioid microphones.
The PG58 transmitter has been designed to get the very best result for lead and backup vocals through clear analogue transmission, with a capsule that reproduces vocals with astounding accuracy and warmth.
The hand-held transmitter included with this system is the wireless version of Shure's popular PGA58 cardioid dynamic microphone. The PG58 is designed for lead and backup vocals thanks to a cardioid pick up
Shure's BLX88 Dual Wireless Receiver has a short set up time and simplistic, intuitive controls. Using Shure's one-touch QuickScan technology to source the best open frequency for your transmitters, experience an improved linearity and frequency response for use with up to 12 compatible channels per group. The BLX88 has both 1/4" and XLR audio outputs for connection to a mixer/speaker setup, whilst the two labelled LED's on the front face of the receiver, indicate connection and signal status.
The BLX1 transmitters are slim and lightweight, clipping directly to your artist via a rear-facing belt clip, boasting an impressive battery life of up to 14 hours on just 2 AA batteries. It's quick and easy to pair your BLX1's up to your BLX88 receiver, simply use the group and channel buttons to select the best frequency previously found via the BLX88's QuickScan and the pairing is instantaneous. The BLX1 transmitter has an impressive 100M (300 feet) operating range so, giving you/ your artist full freedom of movement across the performance area.
- Entry point to professional Shure quality, ruggedness and sound.
- PG58 Vocal Microphone - Tailored frequency response is smooth and extended. Tuned specifically for vocal applications.
- Cardioid polar pattern picks up the most sound from in front of the microphone and some sound from the sides. Less susceptible to feedback in high volume settings.
- Dynamic cartridge has a simple, rugged coil. Handles extreme volume levels without distortion.
- Cartridge includes a neodymium magnet for high output level.
- Internal shock mount for reduced handling noise.
- Durable metal construction.
- On/off switch for onstage control.
- Hardened steel mesh ball grille that resists wear and abuse.
- Integral "pop" filter reduces explosive breath sounds and wind noise.
- BLX2 Handheld Transmitter - Power and battery status LED
- Adjustable gain control
- Quick and easy frequency matching
- AA batteries (included) provide up to 14 hours of continuous use
- 100 m (300 ft.) operating range (line of sight)
- Receiver BLX88 - Up to 12 compatible systems (region dependent)
- Microprocessor-controlled internal antenna diversity
- One touch QuickScan locates the best open frequency
- ¼" and XLR audio outputs
- Two color audio status indicator LED
- Operating Range: 91 m ( line of sight - actual range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection and interference)
- Available Frequencies: Between 524-865 MHz (available frequencies depend on applicable regulations in country where system used)
- Audio Range: 50-15,000 Hz (dependent on microphone type)
- Transmitter RF Output Power: 10 mW, typical (varies by region)
- Audio Output Connector: XLR and 1/4" (6.3 mm) unbalanced Maximum Output Level: -27 dBV (XLR, mic level), -13 dBV (1/4")
- Battery Life: Up to 14 hours
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB A-weighted
- System Distortion: 0.5% THD typical (ref. /- 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone)
- Operating Temperature Range: -18Â°C (0Â°F) - 50Â°C (122Â°F)
- Power Requirements: BLX1, BLX2: 2 AA alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- BLX88: 12-18 V DC at 320 mA, supplied by external power supply
- BLX88 Dual Receiver - Output Impedance:
- - XLR connector: 200 O
- - 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: 50 O
- Audio Output Level Ref. Â±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone:
- - XLR connector -27 dBV (into 100 kO load)
- - 6.35 mm (1/4") connector -13 dBV (into 100 kO load)
- RF Sensitivity: 105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: >50 dB, typical
- Dimensions: 40 mm X 388 mm X 116 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: BLX88 429 g
- Housing: Molded ABS
- Power Requirements: 12-15 V DC @ 320 mA, supplied by external power supply (tip positive)
- BLX2 Handheld Transmitter - Audio Input Level:
- - gain 0dB: -20 dBV maximum
- - gain -10dB: -10 dBV maximum
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10 dB
- RF Transmitter Output: 10 mW, typical, varies by region
- Dimensions: 224 mm X 53 mm dia.
- Weight: 218 g (without batteries)
- Power Requirements: 2 LR6 AA batteries, 1.5 V, alkaline
- Battery Life: up to 14 hours (alkaline)
Excellent sound quality. Expensive but definitely worth the money.
Fast delivery and all in good order
Brilliant set of microphones excellent quality
Quality comes as standard with Shure. Yet another nice product.