Shure BLX288UK/SM58 Dual Handheld Wireless Microphone System
Shure BLX288UK/SM58 overview by GAK
The Shure BLX288UK/SM58 package is a wireless dual vocal system that pairs Shure's highly-acclaimed BLX receiver with two legendary Shure SM58 cardioid microphones.
The SM58 microphone is an industry-leading cardioid mic, vigorously tested and engineered to deliver high-quality vocal reproduction, in a famously strong and durable body used on stages across the world. The SM58's pick-up pattern isolates your vocal source and eliminates pesky background noise infiltration very well, whilst the built-in pop-shield reduces plosives and other intonation issues. Gain levels are maximized before feedback takes over thanks to the SM58's calculated porting, delivering a uniformed cardioid pattern across the mics frequency range.
The Microphone's body is strong, durable and most importantly reliable. With a shock-absorbing grille designed to crumple on impact, protecting the cartridge from shock-damage. Furthermore, an adhesive compound holds the mic together acting as both the 'Glue' and also a measure to prevent moisture and temperate changes entering and affecting the components found in the main handle.
Shure's BLX88 Dual Wireless Receiver has a short set up time and simplistic, intuitive controls. Using Shure's one-touch QuickScan technology to source the best open frequency for your transmitters, experience an improved linearity and frequency response for use with up to 12 compatible channels per group. The BLX88 has both 1/4" and XLR audio outputs for connection to a mixer/speaker setup, whilst the two labelled LED's on the front face of the receiver, indicate connection and signal status.
The BLX1 transmitters are slim and lightweight, clipping directly to your artist via a rear-facing belt clip, boasting an impressive battery life of up to 14 hours on just 2 AA batteries. It's quick and easy to pair your BLX1's up to your BLX88 receiver, simply use the group and channel buttons to select the best frequency previously found via the BLX88's QuickScan and the pairing is instantaneous. The BLX1 transmitter has an impressive 100M (300 feet) operating range so, giving you/ your artist full freedom of movement across the performance area.
- What is the SM58 best suited to? - It's an ideal choice for a professional vocal artist in any live performance setting. It is tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of lead and backing vocals.
- Even in extreme conditions, the SM58 is tailored to target the main sound source while minimizing background noise. It is also very popular with djs and presenters in clubs and in small and large live venues.
- Can it withstand the rigours of touring? - Durable construction, a proven shock-mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently, outdoors or indoors.
- BLX2 Handheld Transmitter - Power and battery status LED
- Adjustable gain control
- Quick and easy frequency matching
- AA batteries (included) provide up to 14 hours of continuous use
- 100 m (300 ft.) operating range (line of sight)
- Receiver BLX88 - Up to 12 compatible systems (region dependent)
- Microprocessor-controlled internal antenna diversity
- One touch QuickScan locates the best open frequency
- ¼" and XLR audio outputs
- Two color audio status indicator LED
Amazing mics, well worth the money
Sounds very clear and very low noise. SM58 is the best microphone for it's price range.