Shure GLXD24/SM58 Digital Wireless Vocal System with SM58 Vocal Microphone
Shure GLXD24/SM58 Digital Wireless Vocal System with SM58 Vocal Microphone Overview by GAK
Shure's GLX-D Digital Wireless System provides wireless freedom with seamless function and industry leading quality of sound and signal and operates on the globally license-free 2.4GHz frequency band. Designed with rugged housings to cope with the rigours of the stage, LINKFREQ Automatic Frequency Management to stop dropouts, up to 16 hours of battery life, and boasting 20Hz-20kHz frequency response with a massive 120dB dynamic range, the Shure GLX-D is ready for you, so you can be ready for your show.
For stunning vocal sound in the most demanding of live situations, the GLXD24/SM58 combines Shure's incredible proprietary digital wireless technology with the most famous vocal microphone the world has ever known - the Shure SM58. The GLXD24/SM58 System is made up of the following:
Desktop digital wireless receiver combines automatic frequency management with true digital diversity for a solid signal and excellent audio clarity. Features include license-free operation in the 2.4 GHz spectrum, LINKFREQ Automatic Frequency Management, adjustable gain control, and battery charging bay.
The SM58 with GLXD2 handheld transmitter is the industry standard microphone tailored to deliver warm and clear vocal reproduction. It combines automatic frequency management with true digital diversity for a rock-solid wireless signal with exceptional digital audio clarity. Shure proprietary Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries provide up to 16 hours of continuous use. Depending on the operation mode, you will get up to 16 hours of continuous use and has an operating range of 20-30 m under typical conditions
- What is the SM58 best suited to? - It's an ideal choice for a professional vocal artist in any live performance setting. It is tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of lead and backing vocals.
- Even in extreme conditions, the SM58 is tailored to target the main sound source while minimizing background noise. It is also very popular with djs and presenters in clubs and in small and large live venues.
- Can it withstand the rigours of touring? - Durable construction, a proven shock-mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently, outdoors or indoors.
- What receiver comes with the SM Digital Wireless Vocal System? - The SM Digital Wireless Vocal System comes with the Digital Wireless Receiver GLXD4. It combines automatic frequency management with true digital diversity for a rock-solid wireless signal with exceptional digital audio clarity.
- Shure proprietary Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries provide up to 16 hours of continuous use.
- How does the automatic frequency management work? - The Digital Wireless System feature LINKFREQ, an Automatic Frequency Management, making it easy to rely on seamless, crystal-clear audio.
- The receiver continuously analyses the available frequency spectrum.
- The receiver and transmitter automatically link using the best set of available frequencies.
- If interference occurs, the receiver and transmitter intelligently move together to the best open frequencies, without ANY audio interruption.
- It's that simple. No buttons to push or controls to adjust.
- How many musicians can use this system simultaneously? - Depending on the operation mode, up to 8 compatible systems can be operated in parallel.
- In "Automatic mode" (with LINKFREQ enabled) up to 5 systems can be run in parallel.
- In "Manual mode" (with LINKFREQ disabled) up to 8 systems can be run in parallel.
- Rechargeable battery information - Shure proprietary Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries provide up to 16 hours of continuous use. Transmitter runtime is 1.5 hours with only 15 minutes of charging, (3.0 h in 30 min. / 6.0 h in 60 min. / 16 h in 3 h)
- Multiple Rechargeability options: - Charge battery alone:
- GLXD4 integrated charge port
- SB902 GLX-D Lithium-ion battery - available separately
- Charge a spare battery while system is in use:
- SBC902 USB battery dock charger (available separately)
- Charge battery in-transmitter:
- USB charge cable (included)
- SBC-USB USB wall charger (available separately)
- SBC-CAR USB car charger (available separately)
- Is the system license-free? - Yes, it operates in the 2.4 GHz frequency band and is globally license-free
- Tuning Bandwidth: 2400-2483.5 MHz
- Working Range: 60 m (200 ft) typical, Note: Actual range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection and interference.
- Transmit Mode: Frequency Hopping
- Audio Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, Note: Dependent on microphone type
- Dynamic Range: 120 dB, A-weighted
- RF Sensitivity: -88 dBm, typical
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.2%, typical
- RF Output Power: 10 mW E.I.R.P. max
- Operating Temperature Range: -18Â°C (0Â°F) to 57Â°C (135Â°F), Note: Battery characteristics may limit this range.
- Storage Temperature Range: -29Â°C (-20Â°F) to 74Â°C (165Â°F)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low-impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output.
- Battery Life: Up to 16 hours
- GLXD4 -
- Dimensions: 40 x 183 x 117 mm, H x W x D
- Weight: 286 g, without batteries
- Housing: Molded Plastic
- Power Requirements: 14 to 18 V DC (Tip positive with respect to ring), 550 mA
- Spurious Rejection: >35 dB, typical
- Gain Adjustment Range: -20 to 40 dB in 1 dB steps
- Phantom Power Protection: Yes
- XLR Output: Impedance balanced
- 6.35 mm (1/4") output: Impedance balanced
- XLR Output 100 O
- 6.35 mm (1/4") output: 100 O, (50 O, Unbalanced)
- Maximum Audio Output Level
- XLR connector (into 600 O load): 1 dBV
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector (into 3 kO load): 8.5 dBV
- Receiver Antenna Input
- Impedance: 50 O
- Antenna Type: Â½ Wave Sleeve Dipole, non-removable
- Maximum Input Level: -20 dBm
- GLXD2 -
- Weight: 267 g, without batteries
- Power Requirements: 3.7 V Rechargeable Li-Ion
- RF Output Power: 10 mW E.I.R.P. max
- Maximum Input Level: 146 dB SPL