Shure KSM313 Ribbon Microphone
Shure KSM313 Ribbon Microphone
Overview by GAK
The Shure KSM313 is a world-class bi-directional ribbon microphone that boasts stunning audio performance. Thanks to its innovative Dual-Voice design, the KSM313 presents two distinct sonic responses depending on whether you use the front or the rear to record. If you’re in need of a mic that excels at capturing initmate vocal performances and amplified instruments, the Shure KSM313 is a top choice.
Versatile Dual Voice Design
A significant advantage of the Shure KSM313 ribbon microphone is its true dual-voice design, which gives you two sonic signatures to choose from. One side offers a rich, full-bodied & creamy response that’s ideal for amplifiers and the other has a crisp & bright character which is perfect for defined vocal recording. Plus, the KSM313’s bi-directional polar pattern delivers outstanding off-axis rejection, which promotes clean audio by reducing background noise.
Wide Frequency Response
As you’d expect from a premium ribbon microphone, the Shure KSM 313 features an impressive 146dB SPL across 30 - 15,000 Hz. This KSM 313’s vast frequency response makes it a fantastic solution if you want to accurately record the fast transients in concert halls, vocals and acoustic instruments.
Shure have gone all out with the KSM313’s construction, hand-assembling each one in the United States with custom-sourced components (including machined gold, silver, aluminium & steel). The result is a ribbon mic that has maximal output, minimal signal loss and a beautiful sonic presence.
A key part of what makes the Shure KSM313 so durable and resilient to extreme sound pressure levels its proprietary Roswellite ribbon material. Compared to traditional foil ribbons, the Shure KSM313’s Rosewellite ribbons boast superior tensile strength, robustness and shape memory. If you’re planning to use the KSM313 to record a cranked valve amp, it can handle it with ease.
Alongside a top-of-the-line ribbon microphone, you also receive Shure’s A300M ShureLock stand mount and an AK313C carrying case. The A300M is a monocle stand mount, which allows you to place and orient the KSM 313 however you see fit and the AK313C is a tough zippered case that keeps it safe when not in use or being transported.
Shure’s KSM313 is highly recommended if you’re in the market for a versatile, high-quality microphone that’s excellent for vocal and amplified instrument recording. It’s durability and outstanding sound will ensure the KSM313 will be gracing your tracks for years to come.
- Bi-directional polar pattern delivers premier audio with superior off-axis rejection
- True Dual Voicing tuned specifically for user's for choice of response - warm and full for amplifiers, or swivel for bright and flattering vocals
- Revolutionary Roswellite™ proprietary ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons with high tensile strength, toughness and shape memory that provides superior resilience at extreme SPLs
- Custom-sourced components for superior presence, minimized signal loss and maximized output
- 146 dB SPL / 30 - 15,000 Hz frequency response ideal for capturing fast transients in vocals, acoustic instruments and concert hall performances
- Legendary Shure quality and superior construction from hand-assembly of machined steel, silver, gold and aluminum materials
- Monocle stand mount custom swivel mount for fully versatile placement and orientation
- Protective wood case included for storage when not in use
- Transducer Type Roswellite™ Ribbon
- Polar Pattern Bidirectional
- Frequency Range 30Hz - 15,000 Hz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage -54.5 dBV/Pa (1.88 mV/Pa)
- Max SPL 146 dB
- Output Impedance actual 270 Ohms, Transformer balanced
- Connector XLR (male)
- Polarity Positive pressure on front side produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3, pin 1 ground
- Dimensions: Diameter 4.32 cm, Height: 13.5 cm
- Weight: 400 g
No upgrades available