Shure KSM353 Product Overview by GAK
The Shure KSM353 is a high-end bi-directional ribbon microphone, precision engineered for immaculate audio. It features Shure's proprietary Roswellite Ribbon Technology which provides extreme ribbon resilience and durability with clear response when it is exposed to high sound pressure levels.
The KSM353 incorporates a frequency response of 30Hz to 15kHz, and with its Shure-quality solid metal construction it is the ultimate ribbon microphone for vocal, in-studio and concert hall applications.
- Bi-directional polar pattern delivers premier, completely symmetrical audio with superior off-axis rejection
- Revolutionary Roswellite proprietary ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons with high tensile strength, toughness and shape memory that provides superior resilience at extreme SPLs
- Custom ribbon motor assembly tailors bass response without attenuating the overall output for full low and mid ranges, and superior upper range presence from a rising frequency response
- Double-shielded matched full-sized transformer minimizes signal loss and maximizes output while reducing magnetic and RF interference from 90 degree placement, offset relative to the ribbon
- 146dB SPL across 30 - 15,000 Hz frequency response ideal for capturing fast transients in vocals, acoustic instruments and concert halls
- Legendary Shure quality and superior construction from hand-assembly of machined steel, silver, gold and aluminum materials, and housed in a pure stainless steel casing
- Spring-loaded suspension shock mount for flexible, fully-isolated stand mounting.
- Upright protective wood case included for storage when not in use
- Transducer Type: Roswellite™ Ribbon
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 15,000Hz
- Directional Polar Pattern: Bidirectional
- Output Impedance: Transformer, balanced, actual 270 Ohms
- Polarity: Positive pressure on front side of ribbon produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3,pin 1 ground
- Sensitivity: (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage) -53.5 dBV/Pa (2.11 mV/Pa)
- Dimensions: Diameter: 4.83 cm (1.9 in), Height: 15.75 cm (6.2 in)
- Weight: 633g (1.4 lbs)
- Max SPL: 146 dB
- Connector: Three pin professional audio (XLR) male