Shure SM 81 Condenser Microphone
Shure SM 81 Product Overview by GAK
The SM 81 is a typical Shure mic in that it gives you unrivalled performance whilst offering a wide frequency response alongside low noise characteristics. The onboard cardiod condenser capsule delivers fantastic sound reproduction.
The ideal mic for instruments such as acoustic guitars and pianos, whether using for live performance or recording sessions.
It is supplied with a swivel adapter, attenuator-switch lock, foam windscreen, and case for carrying and storage.
Shure Product Overview
The Shure Model SM81 is a high-quality, unidirectional condenser microphone designed for studio recording, broadcasting, and sound reinforcement. Its wide frequency response, low noise characteristics, and low RF susceptibility have made it a standard for applications involving acoustic instruments, especially guitar, piano, and cymbals. The SM81 is ruggedly constructed. It operates on phantom power and performs over a wide range of temperatures and humidity conditions. It is supplied with a swivel adapter, attenuator-switch lock, foam windscreen, and case for carrying and storage. Other accessories are available.
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Flat response curve for accurate reproduction of sound sources
- Low noise and high output clipping level
- Low distortion over a wide range of load impedances
- Cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetric about axis, providing maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sounds
- Low RF susceptibility
- Selectable low-frequency response: flat, 6 or 18 dB/octave rolloff
- 0 dB/10 dB lockable attenuator switch
- Phantom powering (DIN 45 596 voltages of 12 to 48 Vdc)
- Rugged steel construction for durability
- Field-usable over wide range of temperature and humidity conditions
Excellent microphone for recording just what I need to captured percussion fingerstyle, sound very natural and spot on.