Shure SM 94 Condenser Microphone
Shure SM 94 Product Overview by GAK
The SM94 is a unidirectional electret condenser microphone from Shure. It provides a smooth, flat response, free of a low-frequency roll off. Whether you intend to use the microphone for studio use or in a live space, you will not be disappointed.
The microphone can be powered by either phantom power or by a 1.5volt AA battery (with up to 5000 hours of continuous operation.)
You will also find a swivel adapter and a zippered vinyl storage bag bundled with the microphone.
Shure SM 94 Product Overview
The Model SM94 is a unidirectional electret condenser microphone tailored to the instrument miking needs of professional musicians and sound engineers in both live performance and sound recording. Its smooth, flat frequency response is free of either a presence peak or a low-frequency rolloff, making it a perfect choice for all types of musical instruments.
The SM94 is equally at home in sound reinforcement systems or in sound studios and motion picture/ TV scoring stages. When used with the optional wind-screen, the SM94 can be used by vocalists and speech-makers who desire a wide, flat response with minimum colouration.
The SM94 can be powered by any phantom power source, or by an internal 1.5-volt AA battery. The battery, which serves as a backup power source in the event of phantom power failure, can provide up to 5,000 hours of continuous operation. The SM94 is supplied with a swivel adapter for use on a microphone stand, boom or gooseneck, and a zippered vinyl storage bag.
- A sensitive mic with a wide, flat response ideal for live amplified and acoustic instruments.
- Extremely well-suited for reproduction of stringed instruments, woodwinds and cymbals
- Frequency response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Full spectrum sound-no presence peak or low-end rolloff
- Cardioid polar pattern that is uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis for maximum rejection of unwanted sound and minimum of-axis coloration
- Very low susceptibility to RF and electromagnetic hum
- Low distortion output and wide dynamic range for variety of load impedances
- Shock-mounted cartridge for reduced handling noise
- Accepts 12 to 48 Vdc phantom power
- Rugged all-metal construction
- Usable over wide range of environmental conditions
- Built-in AA battery power backup
- Optional foam windscreen
- Swivel adapter for use on a microphone stand, boom or gooseneck, and a zippered vinyl storage bag supplied with this microphone