Shure SM58 Dynamic Microphone
Shure SM58 Product Overview By GAK
The legendary Shure SM-58 dynamic vocal microphone is the industry standard mic for live performance. The SM-58 has been tuned to accentuate the warmth and vocal clarity of lead and back up vocals. This microphone is durable, reliable and robust enough to stand the test of time which is why it's become the number one selling dynamic vocal microphone of all time.
The SM58 is consistently the first choice for singers and performers. This mic has a unidirectional polar pattern. This is ideal for live vocals. Why? Because it picks up your vocal clearly without letting too much other sound into the microphone. This is especially handy when you're on stage with a band and you don't want the sound of their instruments getting into your microphone.
The Shure SM 58 has a built in spherical filter to minimise wind and breath pop noise, which is another really handy feature for both stage and studio.
Shure Product Overview
It’s an ideal choice for a professional vocal artist in any live performance setting. It is tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of lead and backing vocals. Even in extreme conditions, the SM58 is tailored to target the main sound source while minimising background noise. It is also very popular with djs and presenters in clubs and in small and large live venues.
Durable construction, a proven shock-mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently, outdoors or indoors.
Frequently asked questions about the SM58 here at GAK.
Does the unit have an on/off switch?
This particular model does not but there is another version available called the Shure SM-58SE which does include an on/off switch.
How does it differ to the SM57?
The SM57 and SM58 are essentially the same microphones but they have different grilles. The SM58 grille is better suited for vocals and the 57 is better suited for instruments, micing up drums, guitar amps etc.. Take the 58 grille off however, and you've got a shure SM57.
How to connect the mic to a computer or ios device?
You can purchase a soundcard, audio interface or ios interface. There's loads to choose from, click here for our selection of audio interfaces.
Can you get a wireless version?
Yes you can, click here for the wireless version.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Weight: 298 g
- Height x Width x Depth: 162.0 × 51.0 × 51.0 mm
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz – 15 kHz
- Frequency Response: Tailored
- Sensitivity: -54.50 dBV/Pa – 1.85 mV/Pa
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Switchable low cut: No
- Connectors: XLR
- Attenuator: No
- Interchangeable Capsule: No
- Main Functionality: Performance
- Headphone Output: No
- Cartridge: Fixed