Shure SM58 Dynamic Microphone Overview
The Shure SM58 is our best selling microphone due to its robust design, great vocal sound and price point. Singers have been using this mic confidently for decades and for good reason, it works when you need it to.
The legendary Shure SM58 dynamic vocal microphone is the industry standard mic for live performances. The SM58 has been tuned to accentuate the warmth and vocal clarity of lead and backup vocals. This microphone is durable, reliable and robust enough to stand the test of time which is why it’s become the number one-selling dynamic vocal microphone of all time.
The SM58 is consistently the first choice for singers and performers. This mic has a unidirectional polar pattern. This is ideal for live vocals. Why? Because it picks up your vocal clearly without letting too much another sound into the microphone. This is especially handy when you’re on stage with a band and you don’t want the sound of their instruments getting into your microphone.
The Shure SM58 has a built-in spherical filter to minimise wind and breath pop noise, which is another really handy feature for both the stage and studio.
How does it differ from the SM57?
The SM57 and SM58 are essentially the same microphones but they have different grilles. The SM58 grille is better suited for vocals and the 57 is better suited for instruments, micing up drums, guitar amps etc… Take the 58 grille off however, and you’ve got a Shure SM57.
How do you connect the SM58 to a computer or iOS device?
You need to purchase an audio interface or iOS interface.
Is there a wireless version?
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Weight: 298 g
- Height x Width x Depth: 162.0 × 51.0 × 51.0 mm
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz – 15 kHz
- Frequency Response: Tailored
- Sensitivity: -54.50 dBV/Pa – 1.85 mV/Pa
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Switchable low cut: No
- Connectors: XLR
- Attenuator: No
- Interchangeable Capsule: No
- Main Functionality: Performance
- Headphone Output: No
- Cartridge: Fixed
Hercules MS432B Stage Series Mic Stand
Stagg SPA-M58H Microphone Replacement Shield
Stagg PMCOH Microphone Pop Shield
Stagg SMC6 XLR Microphone Cable 6m/20ft, Black
Stagg SMC3 XLR Microphone Cable 3m/10ft, Black
Stagg SMC3XP Female XLR to Mono Jack Cable 3m/10ft, Black