Shure SRH-1840 Premium Open Back Headphones
Shure SRH1840 Headphones Product Overview by GAK
SRH1840 Professional Open Back Headphones feature individually matched drivers for unparalleled acoustic performance, including smooth, extended highs and accurate bass.
Ideally suited to professional recording, mastering and audiophile listening applications, The Shure SRH1840 headphones have been developed with premium grade materials and precision engineering. The SRH1840s have an open-back design to provide astonishing natural sound and increase depth of field.
These lightweight, durable headphones utilise individually matched 40mm neodymium drivers for unparalleled acoustic performance. Every SRH1840 model is individually tried and tested, giving you the peace of mind that you'll be getting legendary Shure durability and quality with your purchase.
- Individually matched 40 mm neodymium drivers for unparalleled acoustic performance with smooth, extended high-end and accurate bass.
- Open-back, circumaural design for exceptionally natural sound, wide stereo image, and increased depth of field.
- Lightweight construction featuring aircraft-grade aluminum alloy yoke and stainless steel grilles for enhanced durability.
- Steel driver frame with vented center pole piece improves linearity and eliminates internal resonance for consistent performance at all listening levels.
- Ergonomic dual-frame, padded headband is lightweight and fully adjustable for hours of listening comfort.
- Oxygen-free copper cable (OFC) with Kevlar® reinforced jacket for superior performance and durability.
- Dual-exit cables with gold-plated MMCX connectors provide secure connection and detachability for easy storage or replacement.
- Replaceable velour ear pads with high density, slow recovery foam for exceptional comfort.
- Additional cable and zippered storage case provide years of listening enjoyment and convenient storage.
- Individually tested and serialized.
- Legendary Shure durability to withstand the rigors of everyday use.
No upgrades available
I have spent a long time researching headphones. Although this model is now several years old the reviews are very good. They are better than some headphones I was looking to buy at £1050. I have paired them with a Chord Mojo which is also excellent. They sound superb, albeit the bass is not as deep as some other headphones on certain tracks. They are extremely comfortable to wear even with glasses. I would give these 5 stars as they tick all the boxes for someone like me who just wants to listen to music which sounds great. Excellent headphones, definitely worth a look in before you buy anything else. One tiny thing is the cable is too long. You get 2 plus a spare set of ear pads which is unheard of, but both cables are too long and I would like a shorter one which I can’t seem to find on Shures website which means I will need a bespoke cable.
Very pleased with the quality of these headphones. They have a fuller sound than 1540 headphones so a good upgrade. May sell some other headphones I have, as these are so clear sounding and so natural. I can forget I'm wearing them because of sound quality and comfort level. They don't force themselves upon you when listening, the sound is just there, without you being aware of the headphones. Definitely try before buying more expensive headphones.
Great service! Thank you...
neutral accurate and comfy
Oh wow...I knew they’d be good, but I didn’t expect such purity of sound image. I use them for studio work with an Alan & Heath QU 32 desk and they are the best headphones I’ve ever used. Only off putter, but not for me, open back bleeds a lot of sound, if you are in the same room as the microphone it can pick up said bleed and even feedback!!! That is such a small problem; but don’t use them on a quiet train as a punch in the face often offends!!!